Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I'm restoring a DAC. Cleaning up the drop targets and they're pretty much worthy of staying in the game and saving me some money, but unfortunately during the cleanup, the number 5 target broke.

Anyone got a number 5 drop target that will fill the bill here? If not I guess PBR will get some of my money I wasn't planning on spending.

#2 9 years ago

I left the ball in my DAC when I tipped the lower cab up. The ball came whizzing out and snap. Off went the Jack target. Nobody seemed to have a good used one so I ordered from PBR. They will try to talk you into a full set. People say the brightness of the new and old will contrast. Anyway, I got Jimmy to sell me just the one I needed. I got it installed and the brightness wasn't all that noticeable. What was strangely apparent was the position of letter was much higher than the originals. I wonder if they try to match this up when selling a set.

#3 9 years ago

I've never tried to install just one new one, have always replaced the entire set. Of course, outside of Pinball Pool this has the most drops of any game I've had. Big Indian and Surf Champ just have five targets. For that few, it was worth an entire set. I put an entire new set in PP because it had about four original targets left. It had all sorts of crazy targets in it that people had installed over the years. I saved most of them so I have some various drops stashed in case anyone ever has need for a good used one.

These are in very good shape, just a couple needed a minor touch up. There must have been a weak spot, I was just polishing the face and it snapped off.

If the number position is off like you said I'll probably spring for the entire set in the end if I can't find a good used one. The springs are all real strong and the banks are all in good condition so this is about all the target banks will need.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-a-card-drop-targets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.