Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rolexis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Should the drop targets in Gottlieb Drop-a-Card reset after they are all completed? Or reset with the next ball?

I recently picked up a CQ game and the drop targets on mine never reset until a new game is started.

#2 8 years ago

On Drop a Card.....once a player knocks down all the drop targets they do not reset ever.

CQ ?

#3 8 years ago

Collector Quality.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Should the drop targets in Gottlieb Drop-a-Card reset after they are all completed? Or reset with the next ball?

As Vic noted they do not reset on DAC. On Pop A Card, the AAB version, they reset on the next ball after you have knocked them all down.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

As Vic noted they do not reset on DAC. On Pop A Card, the AAB version, they reset on the next ball after you have knocked them all down.

That's partially correct regarding Pop-A-card. Each bank of drop targets are handled separately. If you drop all the drops in the same bank to light the WOW target, then that bank will reset on the next ball. If you drop some, but not all of the drops in a bank, then that particular bank will not reset on the next ball. I think that's what you meant; but just wanted to differentiate between all drop targets in the game vs. all drop targets in a bank.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

That's partially correct regarding Pop-A-card. Each bank of drop targets are handled separately. If you drop all the drops in the same bank to light the WOW target, then that bank will reset on the next ball. If you drop some, but not all of the drops in a bank, then that particular bank will not reset on the next ball. I think that's what you meant; but just wanted to differentiate between all drop targets in the game vs. all drop targets in a bank.

Thanks for the clarification, Mike. This goes to show your PAC is set up while mine has not been for a while.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

I recently picked up a CQ game and the drop targets on mine never reset until a new game is started.

I'm really honored you think that of the game.

That was something I felt Gottlieb missed on the game. I thought they should have designed it so you knock them all down. They all reset. Then you start knocking them down for special, and have the special rotate amongst the banks, rather than using the rollovers.

It's such a great looking game and getting all the drops down isn't easy-the sides are, the top isn't-but once you do, there's really just not a ton to shoot at on the game.

#8 8 years ago

On Pop A Card, you accomplish nothing by knocking down a bank of targets until you hit the WoW target. Bank resets after ball drains. This keeps this game entertaining.

#9 8 years ago

Thank you, citizens.

6 months later
#10 7 years ago

Just picked up a Drop-a-Card and was asking myself this question. Really wish the banks reset on the next ball. Oh well.

2 years later
#11 4 years ago

First post... awesome site... read a ton of posts.... really cool stuff in here.... Thank you in advance ... Hope ill be able to contribute one day... OK, question time
I have a Pop-a-Card since 1979 ( I was 10). Played it for yearsssss. I remember that when you drain a ball while WOW is lit it resets. The game just came out of attic storage (20 years). Works great, installed new rubber and did a general cleaning. Game functions flawlessly except one thing.... WOW is lit but when you drain a ball banks doesn't reset. Did i imagine that being such a thing as a kid??
Can anyone tell me if this is suppose to reset and if so, any suggestions to fix the issue or setting.
Thank you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-a-card-drop-target-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.