You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190310_230725190 (resized).jpg
Skymac (resized).PNG
IMG_0018 (resized).PNG
IMG_8770 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Been there, drone that.

#3 5 years ago

Now for the real answer. In my other life I have flown RC aircraft for some 40 years. Just got out of it recently by giving it to my nephew, but still have a couple indoor micro FPV drones I bug the cats with. Your idea has merit, but the “whirling blades near your face” factor while trying to play pinball can “put people off” to say it mildly. I could see camera rigs specially designed to give sweeping panoramic shots of the player while playing, say like NFL crazy type camera work... you know, just to increase the drama and watch the sweat roll down their faces in full 4k HDR glory.

#6 5 years ago

I tend to ask what your budget is then send people towards DJI if they can afford $1500. They have some really nice turnkey setups in that price range and the camera it comes with shoots beautiful 4k (and now with telephoto) video.
Look up dji mavic pro 2... buy a bundle, go flying/filming. Requires an iPhone for fpv (first person view) flying, but I think you can use any smartphone. You can get FPV goggles to use if you want, but they get pricey quick. Most go with the hooded displays which are somewhat more comfortable and way cheaper. The mavics are way stable, easy to set up and fly. My friend who is a photographer but not an RC flyer got one from his wife for his birthday. He loves it. Hope this helped.

#13 5 years ago

@toasterdog, the robot overlords are coming... this is a well done video... and it is very scary... like I have flown these and yes, they could actually do what they show in this film. That is NOT science fiction folks, that is exactly the state of the art... that video is only 15 minutes into the future by relative terms. This is going to get weird quick. That video is a roadmap of pure evil genius... if not the inspiration some nutjob needs to take the technology to this level real quick.

Do not skip this video, watch the WHOLE thing and go to autonomousweapons.org

We now return you to your regularly schduled Pinside meltdown....

#20 5 years ago

Watched my uncle fish with a Clorox jug for catfish... you ever seen a clorox jug go under and disappear?!? Yeah... river cats can get huge...

#36 5 years ago

Folks, the FAA takes shooting at ANYTHING that is flying very seriously, including shooting a drone down on your own property. You see, back in the early days of flight, this was a problem with people shooting at REAL airplanes and REAL pilots, and they don’t want any lead bullets being shot at ANYTHING that is flying, because it could lead to people shooting at PEOPLE even if accidentally. People have been prosecuted for shooting them down. Actually bragging about it on a public forum is a good way to get attention brought on yourself, possibly even incriminating yourself... I Just want people to be aware. Commercial drone pilots, private aircraft pilots, and even commercial pilots who HATE drones will report incidents like this because any gun pointed skyward at an aircraft could be pointed at them who are flying behind the drone, or above the drone, or you get the picture. So lets not cowboy up and start plugging the drones just yet. Ok? Think before you shoot, not after.

#41 5 years ago

I NEVER said drone pilots were friendly, law abiding citizens... I just wanted people to be aware that shooting at anything airborn with ANY weapon, paintball or otherwise, is not only frowned on by FAA, but vigorously investigated and prosecuted. Ask a pilot next time you see one if they want ANYTHING shot at them, be it paintballs or lead. You can shoot at anything you want to and talk about it or complain about it, but I am not the FAA. Take it up with them, or your congressman, I simply don’t care unless you are shooting at me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drones-are-you-an-owner-operator?tu=bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.