You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190310_230725190 (resized).jpg
Skymac (resized).PNG
IMG_0018 (resized).PNG
IMG_8770 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rob_G.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

I think the laws have really put a damper on mid sized quads like the DJI brand for example. Anything over 250g is susceptible to very restrictive laws here in Canada. Although indoor racing with 'Tiny Whoops' seems to be very popular now.

Rob

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Been flying a DJI Mavic Pro for a few years now. Hands down one of the best and user friendly dones out there. I have taken it on long range tests exceeding 4 miles out with no loss of video or connection. The technology in these new units is crazy.
[quoted image][quoted image]

As much as I hate the rules, flying in/over the populated areas, parks or out of field of view is now illegal here in Canada. Before the rules/laws were in place I would fly at night and do long range stuff too. It was fun to do at the time, but things are different now. It just takes 1 complaint and you can be in trouble.

But, anything under 250g is exempt from the laws so that still leaves room for FPV and Tiny Whoops...

Rob

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

When you really dig into these "drones as aircraft" interpretations, there is no way anybody is getting prosecuted for shooting down a Drone in your backyard.

Unless you're in Canada... They won't care about the drone in that case.

Rob

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rob_G.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drones-are-you-an-owner-operator?tu=Rob_G and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.