8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by PinballFever
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190310_230725190 (resized).jpg
Skymac (resized).PNG
IMG_0018 (resized).PNG
IMG_8770 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 8 months ago

I own a Mavic 2 Pro and enjoy flying it! Key to ownership is being considerate and responsible and following laws. On top of that, I also consider that neighbors and strangers tend to have unreasonable fears about being spied and sometimes freak out when they see them so I fly mine away from people and where I think people would object.

The technology in drones is amazing and sometimes I can't believe all I can do with mine! It can be a fun hobby if you have places to fly and use it responsibly.

#25 8 months ago
Quoted from DCRand:

I fly RC airplanes and really enjoy it, and 99 percent of the time fly at my RC flying club with proper runway and clearances from things like airports, trees, light poles, and other inconvenient obstacles. And do use some of the same soldering and troubleshooting skills as working on Pins.
But not a drone fan. Too many idiots flying them where they shouldn't, like 6' high down a residential street, or at the nice quiet lake where i like to fish in the summer. And first time one fly's over my back yard, will be getting that paint ball gun have been thinking about buying. Lots of mass, low velocity paint ball should be perfect for bringing down a drone.

Be prepared to get arrested then, Drones are considered aircraft and shooting one down will get you thrown in jail.

I've seen idiots flying RC planes crash them into things more than I've seen drones crash also. But hey, the hobby you enjoy is all good guys, other hobbies, idiots. LMAO.

#28 8 months ago
Quoted from DCRand:

I appreciate your thoughts, but never seen RC airplanes in the kind of places have seen drones. And my back yard is my airspace, so bring a drone low, especially with a camera, over my back yard, Ill take the chance.

Hey, go for it, sure sounds bad ass talking about it. It's only a criminal record, right?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3546718/Threatening-shoot-drone-federal-crime-FAA-confirms-craft-classed-aircraft-attacks-lead-20-years-jail.html

https://slate.com/technology/2016/04/faa-confirms-it-s-a-federal-crime-to-shoot-down-a-drone.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 50.00
$ 209.99
$ 199.99
$ 137.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 14.95
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 119.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside