5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Coyote
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hey all -
    I'm in need of someone in the metro DC area, or metro Baltimore MD area with a drone and a camera.
    I will pay for your time, but I have a time-frame.

You will be flying over our railroad in an area of construction, where a washout occurred. There is no federal land there, and since this is for a state and railroad project, there are no legal issues to overcome.

Will need to get the video/images before this coming Monday. Need to have high quality/HD images, or a HD video (1080p minimum) I can grab frames from.

Will pay for your time, or give you a train ride in the engine. Or whatever!

Send me a PM if you think you can help!
    -Mike

#2 5 years ago

Damn it I sure wish I had a drone to help you out Mike!

#3 5 years ago

Check facebook for a local drone club. One thing to keep in mind, whoever you find needs to be licensed. It only takes one busy body to report whats going on to the FAA. Those two areas are littered with helipads and a major airport.

Personal option, this is BS. Just to fly non commercially you are supposed to call the towers of all airports/helipads within a certain radius. I called one once to let them know I wasn't calling in every time I want to go out and play.

Check the B4UFly app. You can't go anywhere without being in someones airspace.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Check facebook for a local drone club. One thing to keep in mind, whoever you find needs to be licensed. It only takes one busy body to report whats going on to the FAA. Those two areas are littered with helipads and a major airport.
    Personal option, this is BS. Just to fly non commercially you are supposed to call the towers of all airports/helipads within a certain radius. I called one once to let them know I wasn't calling in every time I want to go out and play.
    Check the B4UFly app. You can't go anywhere without being in someones airspace.

I don't have a FB account, can't check there.
    The location is NOT in DC, it is in Frederick, MD. (Apologies, I forgot to mention that in my original post.) I'll check the app, but since this is a construction zone, and under STB rules for us the railroad, and I (with the railroad) is lookin' to do the work, it should be safe.

Edit: Verified on the FAA app - there are no (current) restrictions in the area.

#5 5 years ago

For all who say "I don't have a FB account"; why not set up a burner account. Use a burner email account for confirmation.

Lots of people do just that.

#6 5 years ago

google Frederick Drone and Photo

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

For all who say "I don't have a FB account"; why not set up a burner account. Use a burner email account for confirmation.
    Lots of people do just that.

Too much time, and because of security issues at work, can't risk anything. (And don't wanna even try risking it. )

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from FawzmaGames:

google Frederick Drone and Photo

i will, when the time-frame gets a little nearer. Figured someone here would wanna help first. Or a hobbyist, etc..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drone-rental-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.