• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-12-29 11.08.09 (resized).jpg
2016-12-29 11.11.06 (resized).jpg
2016-12-29 11.08.02 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

It is possible the previous owner left the transistor out because something in the circuit kept burning it up. No reason why you couldn't put it back in but if there was something wrong you would need to figure out exactly what is wrong. I think at very least I would take an ohms reading on the coil and make sure the coil isn't shorted. I am not sure what coil is in there but you could take a reading from another identical coil in the game and the reading should be the same. If after you replace the transistor and the coil get stuck on, turn the game off immediately. Whatever is driving the transistor is likely stuck on. You will need to back track from that transistor point and investigate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/driver-board-transistor-question?tu=pinstyle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.