Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Hammerhead
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 14 days ago

I did some repair work on the driver board for my WH2O and now I have two new problems:
- when you first turn on the game and you're in attract mode, the VUK fires 5 or 6 times
- all three flippers are weaker than they used to be; the upper right flipper bounces and doesn't even hold.

Otherwise the game plays as it should and all other coils are nice a strong.

My repairs had nothing to do with the flippers, any guesses what could be going on? Just a connection in the wrong place?

#2 14 days ago

Do you have another driver board you can plug in and confirm?
Also make sure all the driver board connections are in the right places

#3 14 days ago

Sounds like you may be missing 12Vunreg. If LED7 is not lit, then J112 connector at the top left of the PDB is disconnected? Or F116 is blown?
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#LEDs_and_test_points_on_WPC-089_Power.2FDriver_Boards

#4 9 days ago

LED7 is lit J112 is connected correctly.

One other thing to note is that when turning the game on it shows all "no date and time", among others as if the batteries were replaced and all settings were lost. Change the settings and turn the game off, everything will be lost again the next time you turn it on.

This driver board came from a game that didn't have fliptronic flippers, could this have anything to do with it?

#5 9 days ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

This driver board came from a game that didn't have fliptronic flippers, could this have anything to do with it?

No. I have a T2 (-1) driver board in my Corvette and works perfectly. The -1 driver works in all the WPC thru WPC-S games.

You cannot take a WH20 (-3 driver) and use it in T2.

#6 9 days ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

One other thing to note is that when turning the game on it shows all "no date and time", among others as if the batteries were replaced and all settings were lost. Change the settings and turn the game off, everything will be lost again the next time you turn it on.

Possible shorted diode in the battery circuit, broken terminal on the battery holder, or even corrosion on one of the battery holder terminals. I would install NVRAM.

#7 9 days ago

Try reseating J112, J116, J117, and J118 on the Power driver board. If any of them feel like they plug in loose than the others, I would repin it.

Just a side note, you can swap J116, J117, J118 around as they are all tied together.

#8 9 days ago

I think I have bigger problems than I thought.

In flipper test, all the flippers work as they should, except the left flipper hold tries to engage but does not. This is contrary to gameplay where the upper right flipper doesn't hold.

I've determined that it's the kickout hole that fires multiple times at startup. In gameplay, it doesn't fire at all and only spits out the ball after the game goes into ball search.

The error message on bootup is "Factory settings restored".

Finally, in switch test, switches 86 and 87 (Bigfoot optos 1 and 2) and all switches in column 7 except 77 (center trough) flicker quickly and randomly.

Something is fucked

#9 8 days ago

Swapped out driver boards from my STTNG and everything works again.

Board in WH2O is a -1 with the relay, STTNG is a -3 without.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Sale Pending!
The Oc, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mill Valley, CA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 47.00
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 9.95
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside