Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Humph
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

beer (resized).jpg
    beer frame (resized).JPG
    20170427_215507 (resized).jpg
    12 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Ever needed a good long drink during play of an epic ball?
    Where you needed to slake your thirst, but couldn't because your in the midst of playing one of your more memorable games?

Aside from the obvious flipper trap, what pins give you enough time during play to get in a quick refreshment?

I'll start off with Metallica after lighting up Sparky.
    Hell yeaahhhh, I could damn near mix a fresh drink with the time allowed during the Sparky electrocution graphic.

#2 6 years ago

Just get one of these

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Just get one of these

Works on all pins - I like it.
    Do they make a half-gallon bourbon on one side and 2L Coke on the other?

#4 6 years ago

Path of the dead on lotr is when I take a sip of beer.

#5 6 years ago

Coin door ball save!

#6 6 years ago

TZ with home rom, catch ball in flipper, hit button. game pauses for 15 minutes

#7 6 years ago

There is no safe zone when playing manly EM's

#8 6 years ago

Addams, showtime. Metallica, sparky multiball sequences! I always drink when I lock a ball on getaway seems perfect for a gulp. Same w/ Pinbot, bk2k, taxi hmmm.... lol

#10 6 years ago

CFTBL-before multiball/after multi ball snack bar save

#11 6 years ago

most games you can throw it up in the pops for a quick sip.
    3rd ball lock on Star Trek
    3rd ball lock on GOT when you pick 2 modes, let all the animations go for the modes and mb you can make a drink and a sandwhich.

#12 6 years ago

GOT: Mode selection + BW mb stack usually gives me enough time to down a 6-pack

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

most games you can throw it up in the pops for a quick sip.
    3rd ball lock on Star Trek
    3rd ball lock on GOT when you pick 2 modes, let all the animations go for the modes and mb you can make a drink and a sandwhich.

Lol you beat me by 22 secs

#14 6 years ago

Eveytime you get a SDTM drain on Ghostbusters. You can get drunk really fast like that!

#15 6 years ago

I'm gonna have to play GOT more often, sounds like a veritable drinkin' fest of a pin.

#16 6 years ago

Xmen when you get the last ball locked for Magneto multiball.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Eveytime you get a SDTM drain on Ghostbusters. You can get drunk really fast like that!

LOL, my liver would take a SDTM hit.

#18 6 years ago

Oh yeah, another great time to take a drink is when you look down and see a ghosted insert or when your new cabinet splits down the seems and falls apart! You can just kind of step back and say. son of a B******.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Haha ^^ Might be able to take a quick one during the Capt. Card pop out hole as it runs through the progression. Might be too fast though, I will test tonight for science.

#20 6 years ago

We just let one person take both flippers. I usually play the left flipper and her the right. We get lots of comments on location when we play other players. Kind of like one handed billiards.

#21 6 years ago

The hand thingy on JM

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I just do anything I need to do between balls while the ball "waits" in the shooter lane. With ball times that fast you're bound to not even get thirsty provided to take a nice big gulp before you start playing!

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I just do anything I need to do between balls while the ball "waits" in the shooter lane. With ball times that fast you're bound to not even get thirsty provided to take a nice big gulp before you start playing!

Damn newer Sterns with ball auto launch (menu setting?).

Recently played KISS on location at a barcade and after playing ball #1, left ball #2 in the shooter lane.

Took a long drink & ball auto launches & I promptly spill on myself trying to get back to the controls.

#24 6 years ago

Defeating the power in TZ gives you a moment to swig a beer. Same goes for FGY when you complete stewies playfield.

#25 6 years ago

The countdown for release when multiball starts on Firepower is a good opportunity to take hands of the flippers in an otherwise busy game.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#26 6 years ago

Every ball lock on Fish Tales.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

We just let one person take both flippers. I usually play the left flipper and her the right. We get lots of comments on location when we play other players. Kind of like one handed billiards.

That is called split flipper out here. There are tournaments where everyone teams up and must use right or left only and that same hand only to bump. Can hold a drink in other hand but ball times are often shorter - leading to more drinking pauses and possible yelling at your partner!

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Humph:

Damn newer Sterns with ball auto launch (menu setting?).
    Recently played KISS on location at a barcade and after playing ball #1, left ball #2 in the shooter lane.
    Took a long drink & ball auto launches & I promptly spill on myself trying to get back to the controls.

As long as the beer is more expensive than the game, I suggest changing your priorities!

#29 6 years ago

The only time Tron slows down is sea of simulation, if you have them all ready apart from light cycles, you could drink two beers while that sucker freaks out counting up flynn, gem, clu, Zuse, quorra, disc......

#30 6 years ago

Video mode on Tommy. Just move the plane to the bottom and drink up.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

As long as the beer is more expensive than the game, I suggest changing your priorities!

Hmmm ..... beer or pinball, beer or pinball ... I choose ... Beer!

#32 6 years ago

Cyclone Ferris Wheel. You could probably chug a 6 pack with some practice...

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Humph:

Hmmm ..... beer or pinball, beer or pinball ... I choose ... Beer!

Bullshit
    I know for a fact it would be whiskey

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Bullshit
    I know for a fact it would be whiskey

Doh !, busted !

#35 6 years ago

Hitting Rudy is his fat mouth before multiball

#36 6 years ago

This is an easy one for me. Junkyard has many mini games. And dog levels. Multi ball break. And also outer space cut scene. I like to have the buds over, all of us get one beer. 4 person game and you have to try and chug your beer while playing. Beer goes inside the greatest pin mod of all time, the pingulp, for each players turn. Whoever can finish their beer first...they get 20mill points 2nt 10m and 3rd 5 mill 4th gets you nothing. Whoever finishes with the least points chugs a beer. Rinse and repeat 6 or 7 times

#37 6 years ago

I'll admit it.
    Ive purposely put off adjusting my GB leg levels a bit so I take extra swigs while the ball is hung up in the pops.

#38 6 years ago

After shooting both balls on the fourth face on Bride Of Pinbot.

#39 6 years ago

I can get shit faced with all the stops on RFM

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buju:

This is an easy one for me. Junkyard has many mini games. And dog levels. Multi ball break. And also outer space cut scene. I like to have the buds over, all of us get one beer. 4 person game and you have to try and chug your beer while playing. Beer goes inside the greatest pin mod of all time, the pingulp, for each players turn. Whoever can finish their beer first...they get 20mill points 2nt 10m and 3rd 5 mill 4th gets you nothing. Whoever finishes with the least points chugs a beer. Rinse and repeat 6 or 7 times

Just found a new way to play pin !
    A couple of buds & I play 'til the wee hours of the morning, but haven't tried that one before.

#41 6 years ago

Sometimes I do crappy on purpose!

#42 6 years ago

Let it drain. You can always start again. What's more important, a good drink or pushing a button (unless it's a really good game)

#43 6 years ago

I'm just going to install these on all my games.

12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg

#44 6 years ago

Aerosmith just before multiball

#46 6 years ago

No Good Gofers after completing 9-holes before the special starts. Hmmm....just like on a real golf course!

#47 6 years ago

Ghostbusters left scoop with Tobin, extra ball and Librarian lit. You can take a drink, a piss and a selfie during that.

#48 6 years ago

Basically the whole time you're playing The Hobbit

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Clytor:

After shooting both balls on the fourth face on Bride Of Pinbot.

Indeed, plenty of time there...

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#50 6 years ago

The combination of my 2 favorite hobbies , pinball and beer .

20170427_215507 (resized).jpg20170427_215507 (resized).jpg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drinking-opportunities-during-pinball-play?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.