1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mattosborn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Drink holder - Front or Side?”

• Front 24 votes
      22%
    • Side 64 votes
      59%
    • Drink holder? Drink holder? We don't need no stinking drink holder? 21 votes
      19%

(109 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180218_200911 (resized).jpg
    20180218_201127 (resized).jpg
    8900EC81-8996-433B-8F73-AB95CF9C51C8 (resized).jpeg
    60A2251F-01BB-4257-9677-9E329A7E7F57 (resized).jpeg
    7E5C6498-15E3-4E94-A3CC-30F48A1A6736 (resized).jpeg
    side (resized).jpg
    front (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

B/c work is crazy and I look to this website for a nice break while cranking through, I present to you the poll of polls. I've noticed people put their drink holders facing them (on the front panel) vs facing the side so the front of the pin is completely open. I'm personally a side guy but recently I've been seeing a ton of pics with the holder in front. I would think that blocks the space while playing but I want to open it up to the masses.

Pinside - how do you roll? Front or side.

Side +1

Front Pic 1
    Side Pic 2

front (resized).jpeg
    side (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

I put my drink behind me on a shelf...but sometimes on a table further away. There's no challenge in a drink holder.

#3 1 year ago

Right side

#4 1 year ago

I put mine to the side. It keeps it out of the way but it’s there when you need it.

#5 1 year ago

Front...because my pins are right next to each other and if I need to slide between them when doing any repair or maintenance the cup holder on the side would get in the way. They have never gotten in the way up front.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from swillie:

Front...because my pins are right next to each other and if I need to slide between them when doing any repair or maintenance the cup holder on the side would get in the way. They have never gotten in the way up front.

what about that right leg space though?? I feel like it would hit my leg - I need as much space as possible up front!

#7 1 year ago

Mine used to be side but for several factors I recently moved them all to the front. My pins are packed tight and when they were on the side I would constantly hit them or snag them while working on pins. Secondly I also noticed that when non pinball friends came over they had no clue the drink holders were on the side. Now when those friends come over, all the cup holders get used.

#8 1 year ago

And left side too for the game on the far left (I typically have a glass of ice water along with my adult beverage and use two holders at once).

#9 1 year ago

Here’s that pic.

7E5C6498-15E3-4E94-A3CC-30F48A1A6736 (resized).jpeg

#10 1 year ago

Drinks and pinball don't mix. No drinks near my machines.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

Drinks and pinball don't mix.

I don't think you'll find many others who agree with that declaration.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Here’s that pic.

man - that's it. That beer looks so good. I'm taking a break. cheers.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

Friends don’t let friends become teetotalers

#14 1 year ago

I like the drink holders on the front because if you have your games side by side and you shake it you end up hitting a game with the drink holder.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from delt31:

what about that right leg space though?? I feel like it would hit my leg - I need as much space as possible up front!

Your leg won't hit it, you would have to be standing right up against the game which would be weird.

#16 1 year ago

Left side FTW!

60A2251F-01BB-4257-9677-9E329A7E7F57 (resized).jpeg

#17 1 year ago

Yeah it sorta depends on the way your setup is. Having mine on the left really wouldn’t make sense because it would be way to close to the wall.

#18 1 year ago

One on each side of the game, and on the side.

8900EC81-8996-433B-8F73-AB95CF9C51C8 (resized).jpeg

#19 1 year ago

Wow that's stunning. Have to show you my chromed tron btw
    Almost done

#20 1 year ago

Side ... but the space between the pins are getting tight. I was thinking the same thing and might need to switch to the front. Might try it for one party and see what people think in general.

#21 1 year ago

Agreed! Amazing lineup GorillaBiscuits

#22 1 year ago

Aw shucks thanks

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

I was not aware that you could play pinball without drinking.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I was not aware that you could play pinball without drinking.

I mean, I guess you COULD, but why?

Also all mine are on the side, which is great for playing but a gigantic pain in the ass when you need to get between two games to fix it adjust something quickly.

#25 1 year ago

I put mine on the front left. The left so it doesn't interfere with the shooter rod. And the front because my fat ass has a hard enough time fitting between my machines.

20180218_200911 (resized).jpg

20180218_201127 (resized).jpg

#26 1 year ago

CIV is thatchu? Member in the beginning when you didn't wanna do vox so you looked at the wall and not the crazy sober kids?
    This was what that wall looked like in your mind wasn't it?
    YOU MADE IT BRO.

#27 1 year ago

Mine are all front left!!! Like Quartergraber,I don't like my cups on the shooter side !

#28 1 year ago

They're supposed to on the sides no? When you buy them it ask if you want left or right. So if you want one for the front left you have to buy a right one.

#29 1 year ago

Yeah, but you can still put it on the front if you want to.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Also all mine are on the side, which is great for playing but a gigantic pain in the ass when you need to get between two games to fix it adjust something quickly.

The newest PinGulps are now easily removeable from their brackets for this very reason.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I don't think you'll find many others who agree with that declaration.

I'll call you to clean a sticky soda or stale beer next time it ends up spilled under the lock bar and seeps into the coin mechs.

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

I'll call you to clean a sticky soda or stale beer next time it ends up spilled under the lock bar and seeps into the coin mechs.

Unless there on route or you have small kids that shouldn't be a issue.

#33 1 year ago

I have mine on the right side but don't use the holder on the game I am playing to avoid Tiltsplashing all over the side.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

AND exactly the reason why you should have drink holders on your games. Spills are a thing of the past in my gameroom!

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I have mine on the right side but don't use the holder on the game I am playing to avoid Tiltsplashing all over the side.

Wow - your games must really "dance" when you play them!

#36 1 year ago

front under the start button attached to the leg

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Wow - your games must really "dance" when you play them!

I have been known to tilt.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

I agree. No drinks near my machines. Drinks go on a separate table away from the machines.

#39 1 year ago

I've only seen to the side which is where it is most out of the way. That's where I put mine, on the right.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Yeah, but you can still put it on the front if you want to.

"Left" model fits left side or right front. Vice versa for the "Right" model.

I'm a front guy. Have you seen the crud that builds up on flipper buttons? Just what I want getting chunks of sprinkled into my beer sitting in a side holder.

Quoted from GLSP3022:

What, beer seals don't work? Uh, we're talking about drink holders, which characteristically keep the drinks off the games.

#41 1 year ago

Mounting the Drink Holder on the Left side/ Front makes the most sense to me.

On the sides stuff from flipper button/fingers possibly falling in your drink. Right side front plunger/ finger stuff possibly falling in your drink as well.

Left front has nothing really going on which makes it the perfect choice IMO.

#42 1 year ago

Side. Way to easy to spill beer when lifting out the bottle as it will hit the shooter rod. Ask me how I know...

#43 1 year ago

I have one on the side, and I do bump my leg on it getting around to the back- but then it works for two machines pretty nicely. On some games on location where it's on the front right I've noticed the top of a High Life is too close to the shooter rod. Problems like these aren't really problems tho.

#44 1 year ago

I use the foldable cup holders mounted on the side. When folded in they don't take up much room and I wont whack my leg against them when getting between pins. If I'm not using them, I don't wanna see them - so they get unfolded as needed.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

On the sides stuff from flipper button/fingers possibly falling in your drink. Right side front plunger/ finger stuff possibly falling in your drink as well.

I have never even considered something falling into my drink.... Now I'm going to be constantly checking my beer for some grotesque hand smeg or plunger junk. Thanks guys.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 179.99
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 19.95
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 3.70
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 14.95
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    £ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 219.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside