(Topic ID: 124110)

Drifters and homosexuals hang out in pinball parlors.

By pinballslave

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

The-Shining-7.gif
image-885.jpg
image.jpg
image-522.jpg
image.jpg
gay.jpg
1996team_lrg.jpg
download.jpg
tumblr_m71arfk7ci1qjwcc4o1_500.gif
dwight-in-office.jpg
allansparrow_jpeg_size_xxlarge_letterbox Allen Sparrow.jpg
image.jpg
ad-old-have-a-fag.jpg
Bad BO.jpg
MrFiveheadSezPinballPunksOnDope.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Interesting article posted on UK Pinball from a 1978 issue of 'The Toronto Star'... pinball had a bad reputation in those days, which were probably the best days

Hope the attachment comes out legible!

Anyone recognise the pinball in the foreground by the way???

News article 1978.jpgNews article 1978.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Just realised the article got compressed as it went into the Pinside 'data-banks', so here a link to a more legible version:

http://i.imgur.com/Ves8CMe.jpg

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

40% of all youngsters prefer their pinball mixed with dope!

Indeed, we all knew that of course

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

The bumper arrangement looks Bally.

There seems to be some kind of floating chick on the bottom right of the backglass and another chick on the bottom left with expose thighs/stocking tops... or maybe that's just reflection of how I see obscure images...

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I wonder what ever happened to Steve and his "John Travolta eyes" after the "cult of pinball" lured him in.

Maybe he's a member of Pinside... and I wonder if Gordy Leong, the 17 y/o who was a pinball addict on slow withdrawal, is a member of Pinside too...

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from matthess:

Stern Stingray

You am good! So this is what I mistook for a hot chick with exposed thighs... I'm sure a shrink would have a lot to say about that!

Hot chick.jpgHot chick.jpg
#92 9 years ago

"Four arcades containing more than 600 machines"!!! Holy shit!! I'd love to go back to that era!! I remember being in pinball heaven when I saw 20 games lined up in an arcade... but 150 on average, that's just insane!!

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Says the guy with 114 in his collection. You have your own arcade.

Good point, but my machines are 98% up-ended in storage at the moment, not a good hang-out for any sort of colourful characters... or anyone at all for that matter! Even I find it oppressive in there

The article got me thinking of what was the 'seediest' place I went into to play pinball... and I remembered a cafe in Birmingham (England) in an area that was famous for drug dealers (Hansworth as far as I remember)... There was just one pinball in there (a Whirlwind I think)... I must have been about 19 I guess... the whole place stank of weed, and one guy came to me and asked what I wanted... I said I just want to play pinball... They looked very suspicious that I was in there and didn't want to score any dope... They were even asking me if I was a cop... When they realised I was some weirdo who was only interested in pinball they left me alone

Yes sir!

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That stinks! Hopefully one day you will get them all laid out like a big arcade and you can invite some drifters and homosexuals over.

That's the day I've been looking forward to for many years!! Not to have the games set up so much as seeing the place full of drifters and homosexuals...

#101 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Got really drunk at U Fleku. I think I was only 16 at the time.

Getting drunk here is one of the nation's favorite past-times... the beer's cheap and good, and there's not a lot else to do... 'till the day my Gamesroom's built, then I can get drunk AND play pinball... while being harassed by drifters and homosexuals of course!

Just noticed how I inadvertently put a capitol 'G' in Gamesroom... I already see it as a kind of God!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
2,182 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drifters-and-homosexuals-hang-out-in-pinball-parlors?tu=pinballslave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.