pasted_image (resized).png
29720 (resized).jpeg
Blake stepper a (resized).jpg
Clay stepper a (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #17 Good explanation of when to use Drexel v file. Thanks Clay Posted by cfh (6 years ago)

Post #24 Part number and link to buy Posted by John_I (6 years ago)

Post #25 Part # and nice list of pros/cons Posted by NicoVolta (6 years ago)

Post #28 Why the blue arc? Posted by MarkG (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Metropolis:

Does anyone have a video of how do do this? I see some love it and some hate it. What's your preference?

Nothing works better. The bingo pin guys came up with this long ago. I scoffed, then tried it on a few parts relays I had - wow. Nice clean polished look with little to no effort. No filing them crooked. I use a Dremel with a wire brush on all of my EM restorations now. I have used brass & steel brushes and both do a great job. I was concerned about bristles coming loose & causing shorts, but I have yet to run into this problem.
ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION!!!

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

The bottom line, and a point that you guys seem to all be missing is this. For the last 40 to 80 years all these stepper units have done nothing but reshape themselves. All the stuff was designed for five year life cycle. Stepper rivets are not made of tungsten or hardened steel. They’re fairly soft. They’ve been reshaping themselves, all by themselves, throughout their history. So to think that you could just take a Dremel and clean them is just BS. It’s just not gonna work. These things need to be sanded. Otherwise you’re just propagating the problem that they’ve created all by themselves over the last zillion years
The dremel is a good tool for some things. But for a lot of things it’s just not the proper tool. And someone that thinks that the Dremel is a magic silver for every problem it’s just either inexperienced or in denial

Cool down Clay, it's just pinball dude.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Tim Meighan has my full respect. His games play perfectly... he's also a meticulous rebuilder and it shows. Was great to meet him on the pinball tour.
Go to the next NWPAS if you can. He brings a lot of his personal EM's to the show and they play great!

Man, his Top card is NICE!

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Notice in the picture of me "sanding" a stepper unit, there's a dremel in the background, in its re-charge stand.

Hey Clay, above the doorway in the photo with Blake there's a Bally SBA topper sign. Any way you can scan that & post it? Would love to have one of those perched on the backbox of my Embryon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dremmel-for-contacts?tu=dasvis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.