• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by bumgahdna
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi!

When I turn on dredd, it plays fine for a few hours. Then, the both right return lanes trigger super game when hit. It's like something malfunctions after warming up or something.

Ideas? Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

My guess is you have a switch matrix issue. Do you know the two steps to test a switch matrix?

#3 8 years ago

thanks!

well one right lane is to the left of super game on the matrix and the other is above super game so yes it does sound like a matrix issue. BUT, it's only an issue after a few hours of playing. Someone said something about a switch opto board but i have no idea about that.

#4 8 years ago

My advice on a switch matrix is nothing is what it appears. I have had optics go "dead" and then come crazy alive again when a switch was missing a Diode. On my sttng the game would work fine for 9 games then go nuts then be fine. I got so frustrated I shelved the game for 4 months and tried to sell it then boom I found the prior owner mistake.

My guess is a switch is too close to a coil and with the correct vibration and it sends a little voltage the wrong way and boom you have problems. Else you have a very slightly cracked diode and vibration is creating the problems.

If you shut the game off for 1 minute does the problem go away or does it stick around?
If it sticks around try going to switch test and activating a ton of switches and see if the problem goes away upon next reboot

Report back and I'll give additional ideas

#5 8 years ago

funny you mention a switch. i replaced the left flipper opto with this crazy magnet switch that super sucks. it's right next to the solenoid and if you don't tape the magnet down it jumps off the switch onto the coil! Nice design...geez.

I'll try to turn on and off after it starts misbehaving, that's a good idea. i'll also put the old leaf style switch back in and go from there.

thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-switch-issue-over-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.