Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by amiga500
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Every few games, the right shooter stops working during multiball. I end up two balls sitting in the shooter lane and the game just goes on without triggering solenoids. It works fine when I test it and it works fine most of the time. I reflowed the solder and that didn't help. Any ideas?

#2 10 years ago

Hey Amiga...does it shoot when there is only one ball in the shooter lane, but when there are two it stops?

I remember talking with a guy regarding the Dreed trough and he mentioned to me that sometimes the balls will get "magnatized" and will cause them not to load in the shooter lane properly. If you think this could be the issue, there is a plastic that is available that can prevent this. (I think its like $6 or something like that)....

good luck with getting this resolved....

#3 10 years ago

Go into switch test mode and test the switch in the shooter lane.

#4 10 years ago

I already have the plastic trough protector so I don't think that is it. During multiball if I drain two balls, it loads one ball into the shooter but doesn't fire it. Then a second ball is loaded and that doesn't fire either. I end up with an unplayable game and have to go into test mode and fire the solenoid to shoot the 2 balls.

Jalpert, good idea. When I get home tonight, I'll check that switch.

#5 10 years ago

There really isn't much going on with that shooter except for a rollover switch and the coil..probably the wire came off the switch or you bent one of the leads on the switch when you were picking up the playfield. GL

#6 10 years ago

Problem solved. The switch was fine. It was the plastic trough magnetic protector. During super game multiball when one or two balls would drain it would hit the base and cause the fork part of the protector to kick up and trigger the trough 1 opto. During multiball there's no weight to hold the protector down. I removed the protector and the game works perfectly again.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from amiga500:

I already have the plastic trough protector so I don't think that is it.

Quoted from amiga500:

I removed the protector and the game works perfectly again.

There ya go!

#8 10 years ago

awsome you got it fixed.

I have not installed one of the protectors yet...had considered adding that to one of my next orders, but after this, I might not.

#9 10 years ago

My protector from PinBits works fine - I'd by a new one from them and install it. I bet it will fit tight and not kick up like your old one did.

#10 10 years ago

I had one on another game. Every so often I'd look and see it move outward a little bit. It's a good product, but if you have divots you really should pull the trough and file the divots out.

Quoted from PinRob:

My protector from PinBits works fine - I'd by a new one from them and install it. I bet it will fit tight and not kick up like your old one did.

#11 10 years ago

so the reason to use the protector is for divots, magnatizing, or both?

#12 10 years ago

My understanding for the protector is divots. I believe (believe being the key word) that if magnetization is the issue, it's the balls attaching to each other and not the trough.

EDIT: It's advertised as a magnetic jam protector...

Quoted from burningman:

so the reason to use the protector is for divots, magnatizing, or both?

#13 10 years ago

I think the main thing is it protects against divots. Also if you have chromium steel balls in your machine and they get magnetized over time from magnets in your machine then the the protector will help with the balls not getting stuck to the trough. But then the balls will still stick to each other - you should use carbon core balls which are not prone to magnetism.

#14 10 years ago

PinRob, my protector was from pinbits and was only put in a few weeks ago. I think most people have good results with it. I ordered it with the deadworld mod which I love. If I run into the magnetic problem, I'll put it back in and see if I can secure it better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-right-shooter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.