Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Soapman
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Judge-dredd_lite_fade_head.jpg
    cabfront.jpg
    jdcolors.JPG
    jd_masked2.jpg
    jd_cab_fade_1.jpg
    Artline-Dredd.JPG
    Dredd_Front.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

Hey, just curious what you think? I love my JD, but want to move on in the next couple of months. My JD is far from CQ, but I have pput a fair amount of my time into making it look as good as possible.

I do love this machine, but learned right away I want CQ machines. I don't want to spend tons of $ and time getting it close.

Just curious if you think it is worth doing all the cabinet fade. I don't mind, it gives me something to do. When I sell, I will disclose color was touched up with markers and not original.

From a buyers point though, would you prefer a faded cabinet or one that someone spent time making it look better (imo) although they used markers? If i could get cabinet decals I would go that route obviously. Thanks. Dredd_Front.JPGDredd_Front.JPG Artline-Dredd.JPGArtline-Dredd.JPG

#2 11 years ago

I would, the first impression thing comes into play most of the time. Doing the cabinet is kinda fun in my opinion.

#3 11 years ago

Thanks. That picture is very close, from a normal, even playing distance it looks much better imo. I know some peps are all about keeping it original though, I guess that was the purpose of my question.

BTW - can't remember who (No Fear Resto) but recommended Artline markers, theses things rock compared to sharpies. They really hold the ink well and don't get dry compared to the sharpies I have tried in the past.

#4 11 years ago

looks great. too bad you can't seal it in after your done. Don't try it tho, it will bleed everywhere.

#5 11 years ago

I airbrushed mine

jd_cab_fade_1.jpgjd_cab_fade_1.jpg jd_masked2.jpgjd_masked2.jpg jdcolors.JPGjdcolors.JPG cabfront.jpgcabfront.jpg Judge-dredd_lite_fade_head.jpgJudge-dredd_lite_fade_head.jpg

#6 11 years ago

That looks great Cliffy. I pulled up your JD resto post a while ago. I considered buying an air brush and trying to learn. I'm not very artistic so figured i'd be better off with markers lol.

#7 11 years ago

Looks good from the photos.
    Some amature touchup can be worse than fade, wear, or scratches (see the gob job on my old EM machine). Just be aware that people may expect the worst when you mention the touch up.

Is that decal under the lock original? Looks kinda cool.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

I airbrushed mine

Hey Cliffy, what machine is serving as the laundry hamper in the background of the one picture?

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

what machine is serving as the laundry hamper in the background of the one picture

Looks like Batman Forever...I am sure it is hard to find time to play them when he is such a busy guy bending metal to help all us pinheads protect ours!

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

I pulled up your JD resto post a while ago.

Link please. I looked and could not find. I could just be over looking.

Thanks

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Soapman:

Thanks

Here is the link. It was not a Cliffy started post, sorry. Just got me thinking originally about the whole airbrushing the cabinet thing.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-fix-cab-fade

Quoted from RCA1:

Is that decal under the lock original? Looks kinda cool.

That's a Dredd figurine I bought on Ebay, punched a tiny hole in his head and used it as my Dredd keychain.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

Hey Cliffy, what machine is serving as the laundry hamper in the background

Yeah, Batman Forever. The Dude has it now so I know it's getting played. Dredd is the new laundry table now

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Soapman:

Toasterdog said:
    I pulled up your JD resto post a while ago.

Thanks

I did an article on how to clear your own playfield using my Dredd pf in PinGame Journal #128.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

I did an article on how to clear your own playfield using my Dredd pf in PinGame Journal #128.

Ill have to see if I can get a back issue. Keep up the good work.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-recoloring-cabinet-fade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.