IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weaverj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1772 7 years ago

new to the club. got a JD in a trade last weekend. good shape. needs a little more power in the flippers and auto-plunger, however. almost need a perfect shot to go up the ramps and the starting plunge usually doesn't make it around the back orbit. it'll come down to the top-right shorty.

you guys think i just need new coil sleeves or something else?

#1775 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Check for bad solder joints on the back of your fliptronics board.
A flipper rebuild is probably also in order. JD plays like crap with worn down flipper assemblies. You should wiggle things around and see if there are loose flipper parts/springs/screws/stop brackets/bushings/plate screws/flipper shafts/ect.
EOS switches on JD are NOTORIOUS for going bad. I have had EVERY ONE fail on my machine at some point, in the last 7 years. Note: EOS switches always stay OPEN on Fliptronics games! The EOS would not be related to poor power but, that can cause other issues down the road.
You will probably be ok with using the original coils, if they test ok with an OHM check.
THE AUTOPLUNGER is probably ok... May just need a realignment. Confirm that is is striking the dead center of the ball and that when the ball travels up the shooter lane that is is not making contact with anything else. You may also need to adjust the metal plunger cover's teeth that point downward.

thanks, buddy.

#1779 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Which side is the transmitter get them confused....Was not sure if Iphones worked.

yeah, i don't think iphones work.

was that an oxymoron?

i think the transmitter is usually white, right? receiver, black.

#1780 7 years ago

i have found the "just needs sleeves" idea to be as misleading as the "JD is a $1400 game, brah" saying.

#1784 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Does anyone know if there is a fuse for the crane solenoid? My crane doesn't pick up the ball.

you'd have more than the crane magnet malfunctioning, if it was a fuse. there's a single fuse for all the high power coils on the power board. 105, i believe.

#1785 7 years ago

what hardware do i need to mount my topper with the bracket?

#1789 7 years ago

nothing is threaded already? just use whatever screws i have laying around? have topper; no bracket.

#1790 7 years ago

deadworld mod causing a few search modes and last night i had two balls getting shot out into the shooter lane. i assume it's related. is it hard to go back to original deadworld? i have the ring and rom. came in the trade.

#1798 7 years ago

anybody have a list of what lights had color condoms on them back in '93? just the ones for the crime scene inserts?

#1800 7 years ago

yes, it is. i never noticed that in 1 year of looking at manuals. tyvm.

#1801 7 years ago

actually, my older wpc's don't show colors in the manual. that must have been something they started with superpins or the dcs models.

#1805 7 years ago

yeah, i see, but i'm wondering about the mounting hardware (screws, etc.).

#1834 7 years ago

why in the manual does it show the left and right auto-plunger assemblies with the coils installed opposite of each other? i'd think you'd want them both the same. how are your guys' setup?

#1865 7 years ago

anybody have an extra, new/used sniper tower plastic? pm me, if you do, please. ty.

#1873 7 years ago

i got mine from marco. hopefully it holds up.

#1876 7 years ago

got my new shooter lane plastic on. i was pretty excited. then i put my playfield up against the backbox for some maintenance and heard a snap. cracked right in half. now i'm sad.

1 week later
#1906 7 years ago

here's my new JD club member update:

auto-plunger is fixed. wrong sleeve was installed. plunger was scraping on the middle bracket.

eagle is mounted. got the hardware list off marco here: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17468.

removed deadworld mod. definitely less cool now, but want a working baseline while i fix everything else.

still need help with my weak left flipper, however. hardware looks like a rebuild. everything has the correct play to it. correctly spaced off my bushing. i cleaned the button optos.

i tested resistance over the coil. i got ~121 left and ~126 on the right side. would that make a difference? it's the correct coil #, doesn't have a williams label on it though. really, if i can get this fixed, i'll have a nice little JD on my hands.

#1908 7 years ago

i see what you mean, i think. i went center lug to each side this time. 125.5 and 4.1. upper left and bottom right showed ~130 and ~4, both are williams labeled. need new coil, you think?

#1910 7 years ago

i took the flipper assembly apart again and replaced the coil sleeve. it was okay, but you never know. i also removed the opto board out of the cabinet to check solder joints, etc. i cleaned the optos, again. seems to be better now. maybe a little sticky at eos, but i can tell there's more power.

#1911 7 years ago

during my maintenance today, i broke the crane drop opto mounting bracket off the left ramp. i'm temporarily holding it in place with a zip-tie currently. without replacing the ramp, are there any recommended workarounds for that? mount some spacers into the side wood over there?

#1912 7 years ago

nobody has rigged something up for that? i was thinking of using the same setup the shooter lane plastic has, with those two nut pillars.

#1914 7 years ago

need a new lamp socket for under the plastic to the right of the meltdown captive balls. it's one of the bayonet style, under playfield types. could someone help me with a part #. there's a million different types when i search.

#1916 7 years ago

the manual doesn't show gi lamps and sockets, at least from what i could find. either way, i ordered a short, under playfield style, 2-lug bayonet socket. i think it'll work. thanks, buddy.

i also ordered some spacer/mounting hardware similar to the shooter lane plastic stuff for my crane drop opto bracket that broke off the ramp. i'll post results.

#1920 7 years ago

worked out pretty good:
IMAG0457[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0457[1] (resized).jpg
IMAG0459[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0459[1] (resized).jpg

#1921 7 years ago

and i had some fun painting:
IMAG0461[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0461[1] (resized).jpg
IMAG0462[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0462[1] (resized).jpg
that's just with red. can't wait to put some green and yellow in there.

#1923 7 years ago

createx transparent red, just brushing it on with detailing brushes. i also learned a pretty cool trick. a little naphtha on tp/tissue works like an eraser. you have to rub pretty hard, but it can remove mistakes and is really sweet when trying to blend or shade.

thanks for the compliment. yeah, i'm pretty stoked. unfortunately, now i'm going to wanna do the other side, which i thought was pretty decent before this.

#1927 7 years ago

did the green, redid the helmet red, added highlights on the bike and improved some blending. the green is sketchy in spots, mostly the knee pad. since it was green on blue, however, it's not that noticeable. it's tough to get an even layer of this paint with the little brushes i have before it starts to coagulate. that's why i redid the helmet. still waiting for my yellow to arrive.
IMAG0467[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0467[1] (resized).jpg

#1929 7 years ago

my wife orders them off amazon. i'm like, whatever, keep em coming!

#1930 7 years ago

not sure how i'm going to do skin tone.

#1931 7 years ago

has anyone experienced balls getting stuck right at the top of the subway, under playfield section? i need to investigate, but it looks like there's a little groove in their on the metal section, that the ball gets hung up on. a little wiggle gets it going, but i don't wanna lose my bonus points to a tilt. know what i'm saying?

#1934 7 years ago

i was thinking superbands would hold up good there, being harder material.

#1938 7 years ago

and i'm not even affiliated . i guess they'd hold up better than titans. anything's possible though.

#1940 7 years ago

manual is a good start.

#1942 7 years ago

p2-33 (p101).

#1949 7 years ago

i replaced backbox and gi incandescents with natural white led's. i feel like it took away from some of the colors on it, especially the backbox. you guys think warm whites would bring it back much or should i try some color matching?

#1952 7 years ago

!

#1955 7 years ago

here's a list of everything you need:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17468

i can give you that, at least.

#1962 7 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

flipper opto board at the flipper button

i pulled the board out, cleaned properly, thus reseated the connector and replaced coil sleeve. it's way better now. it'll stick at eos a little. going to try a new return spring.

#1964 7 years ago

what's the highest L rom you can get with deadworld lock?

2 weeks later
#2001 7 years ago

there are times i feel like my flippers just aren't all there, then i'll have some good games where it feels like butter. it's probably me just not hitting the sweet spot on the ramps. it used to be the left flipper and the right ramp, now it's the opposite. the ramp designs are a bit unorthodox, especially the length of the right one. what do you guys think?

#2005 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballcarl:

Anyone have any info on what was used to mount this? Thanks for any help.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17468

#2007 7 years ago

my pleasure. those are the easy ones.

3 weeks later
#2038 7 years ago

almost like black light.

1 week later
#2047 7 years ago

rebuild them. the links are probably ancient.

#2049 7 years ago

had a message tonight to check switch 61, globe position #1. took me a while to locate it, but once i did i unseated the board and tested: no dice. i cleaned it, and it started working. my question is, the plastic collar down there with the slots that let those optos open, does that thing ever need adjusting/calibrating?

1 week later
#2062 7 years ago

same issue here. my daughter hasn't played super game in a while.

#2064 7 years ago

same issue here.

#2071 7 years ago

not bright at all; looks good.

#2079 7 years ago

i think it's just parts from TSPP.

#2084 7 years ago

sniper tower. first piece goes on top of the big right hand ramp. second is gi cover, towards the back.

1 week later
#2098 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Having an issue where as soon as a player starts the ball fires immediately without the button being pressed.

sounds like trough optos. the game thinks there's too many balls or not enough.

#2104 7 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

I suppose you would have to unscrew and take off the topper every time you wanted to take a look under he play field if you were to attach with the bracket. Was thinking with the tape it would make things easier, but tape is probably kind of janky.

no, you just have to remove the shooter lane plastic, and that has nothing to do with the topper being installed.

1 week later
#2133 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Tried cleaning but still doing it. Time to replace?
Still having issues with the drop targets too. Not resetting at startup then if they trigger in game play they all rapid fire.

anything closed in switch test? what code are you running?

1 week later
#2159 6 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Brand New drop down target board and still getting the rapid fire. So over working on this game. I don't know what else to check or change and now my through optos 1 2 3 are showing errors

if the optos test successfully, it might just be because you haven't played super game in a while.

3 months later
#2276 6 years ago

if you have a shooter lane plastic, be careful not to bend and snap it on the backbox when you put the playfield up for maintenance.

#2277 6 years ago

and you have to play super game every once in a while or he will tell you to check ball trough optos.

1 week later
#2298 6 years ago

i have this coming up soon with my Diner. i have two target banks. not looking forward to it...

2 weeks later
#2325 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Put LED's in mine. So much better.

need to match your flipper bats, son.

#2328 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

You are right. I never even noticed. Got the machine last month and been getting it up to par. Will do this next.

there's always something else.

2 weeks later
#2338 6 years ago

not sure you'll find an original.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weaverj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=weaverj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.