IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viperrwk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Is the only way to have a pay to play option with the Deadworld mod to use the original prototype roms and find one of the original mod replacement boards?

There are other ways to solve this issue. If you want details you can PM me...

viperrwk

#245 10 years ago

Apparently the trick with color matching yellow inserts is to use pink LEDs (crazy sounding I know.)

For the Crime Scene inserts I prefer using warm white with the yellow condoms.

viperrwk

1 month later
#294 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Well it started but I have no flashers and the start, super, left fire and extra ball buttons dont register in switch test mode are they all on related circuits, any common issues ideas?
I'll get a manual printed so I can start troubleshooting systematically more easily.
Cheers

For the flashers, are you engaging the interlock switch when you run the test? Does LED 5 light up on the power driver board? Is fuse F111 good (5ASB)?

For the switches, did you also test playfield switches? What you report as bad has switches out in three different columns and three different rows so could be connectors or multiple switch issues.

viperrwk

#306 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Q2 - if the locks are lit (deadworld is spinning) it will always supersede the modes if you hit it 3 times. Seeing you have the deadworld mod, it will divert the three balls. Best time to do pursuit or manhunt is when the locks aren't lit. You can change the modes during play by using the left launch button. So, if the locks are lit you can cycle to modes to not include those two.

To add to this, because the locks are lit, you can only start the next link in the chain by hitting the sniper tower. Manhunt and Pursuit are the two ramp-based modes. As the rulesheet says, you should start Manhunt from the left ramp - http://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/1322/judgedre.htm. And if you start pursuit while locks are lit, you'll take out half your chance of scoring it because of the diversion to Deadworld.

As for angle, I set mine using an inclinometer as specified in the manual to 6.5 degrees. Leveling app is fine if you don't have an inclinometer.

Other thing you should know about the sound ROMs running Deadworld:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-judge-dredd-sound-roms-l1-and-l3#post-994184

Lastly, if we told you where we get plastics it wouldn't be a secret any more would it?

Seriously, some are unobtanium, some you can get from Australia, some you have to buy used.

viperrwk

#321 10 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

I need a pic of someone's topper wiring on the back of the bird and where it plugs in on the board. This topper looks original but I never seen one with lit eyes.

image.jpg 183 KB

image-419.jpg 192 KB

I believe that was the Don Weingarden mod who was also did a Deadworld mod and was somehow wired to be sound activated.

(Link to his Deadworld mod and email - don't know if email still works.)

http://www.iobium.com/judge_dredd_locking_ring_mod.htm

viperrwk

1 week later
#331 10 years ago

PinRob beat me to it.

viperrwk

#335 10 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Ok, I pick up a nicer Dredd then what I had. I noticed on the dead world planet orange ring the new one had holes in it to hold the ball where my old one had slots. Which one is correct? Does it matter? I figured this would be the place to ask.

Slots = production.

Holes = Deadworld retro mod.

http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1322

viperrwk

1 month later
#394 9 years ago

If you end a game with balls in Deadworld, they are supposed to stay there. When you start a new game and the lock is ready, shooting a ball into the lock behaves like a virtual lock and does not divert the ball until the number of the lock shot (Dimensional Lock 1, Dimensional Lock 2, Dimensional Lock 3) is greater than the number of balls locked. Shutting the machine off and turning it on and starting a game results in a ball search since the machine believes a ball is missing until it gets into the trough. Logically, this makes the most sense given how the ball is tracked. Of course, if any optos are not working properly, all bets are off.

While the opto logic was improved in later revisions, it was also assumed that balls would never be stuck in Deadworld. Trying to adapt Deadworld with the improved opto logic found in later production level game code is a non-trivial task.

viperrwk

#398 9 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

This is different to the behaviour on my machine. When I turn on my machine, and balls are sitting locked in Deadworld, nothing happens. However, when I press the start button the machine recognises that the trough is not full and starts to unload Deadworld. Once that is completed, and all balls are in the trough, I have to press the start button again to get a game going. Rom is L1-AT.

Quoted from Gov:

That is how mine behaves as well. I was having some issues with the game ending multiball with two balls left in play so I bought the GLM boards. Hopefully they will cure this but I don't have my hopes up.

This is normal behavior for the Deadworld ROM (see post above). However, ending multiball with two balls in play is not and is indicative of an opto problem.

viperrwk

2 months later
#436 9 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

The attract sounds and game restart settings don't really do anything from what I have heard.

This is correct. It is a bug in all SW revisions of the game.

Quoted from ReallifePin:

That was the main reason I heard for why JD isn't used in the big tournaments. Is that right?

There are many different exploits of the left ramp possible. For example in Blackout mode, if you trap one ball on the left flipper, you can repeatedly hit the left ramp with the other ball for 2 million a shot. If you start Manhunt Millions from the left ramp, each shot to this ramp will yield 6 million a shot for 20 seconds, which can add up quickly if you are on a roll.

PAPA's comments on JD:

http://papa.org/learning-center/director-resources/directors/game-notes/#J

Quoted from Lid:

slow ball up the left ramp and it ends up on the dead world

This is another reason not to use JD in a tournament. Mode timers do not stop if you are in the middle of a mode and make this shot.

viperrwk

#441 9 years ago

If you have a production machine and you don't want the ball to go to Deadworld the best thing to do is disconnect the diverter (done by some for tournament play). When you make the third shot to start multiball, the ball will simply be returned to the right inlane and multiball will proceed as normal. If at any time you make a weak shot and the ball winds up in Deadworld, eventually the machine will perform a ball search, rotate the planet and dump the ball back to the playfield. In either case the operational state of the crane doesn't matter.

However, if you have the Deadworld mod, the crane has to work. And in either case Deadworld has to spin or you do run the risk of a ball getting stuck there.

viperrwk

#446 9 years ago

I'm guessing limited availability, transport costs and legal fees warranted a 75% price increase on these.

viperrwk

#448 9 years ago

Gene was selling the repros for $80 before Rick bought them out.

Originals are different and more valuable if in good shape.

viperrwk

2 months later
#526 9 years ago

If it kept serving balls even after the drain shield light went off you probably have an opto error - the machine lost track of the number of balls out on the playfield. Probably crane opto.

viperrwk

4 months later
#698 9 years ago

The color of the planet is determined by the lamps installed. The plastic itself is a dark, charcoal-ish color.

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/bally-parts/judge-dredd/03-8858.html

viperrwk

2 months later
#752 8 years ago

If he has it and its not working he can send it to Steve Young and get it rebuilt. If it's missing you have to hope someone has a spare to sell you.

viperrwk

1 month later
#803 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Have only played a few games since I recently bought it. Just got GC a few minutes ago.
What is the default GC score? Anyone know?
JD_GC.jpg

130M in regulation, 350m in supergame. Congrats!

viperrwk

2 weeks later
#870 8 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Okay, fairly generic and possibly stupid question. What is the adjustment to allow you to reset the game before it's complete? I don't remember the adjustment number, but I have one of them set to "reset game" to "instantly". Does this not work in the ROM for the Deadworld mod?

A.1 33 Game Restart

Doesn't work at all in any version - it's a bug in the ROM. Don't bother.

viperrwk

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viperrwk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=viperrwk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.