IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tictacseth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3224 4 years ago

I just joined the club today. Never have played this one before, but dang, this game is awesome! I have some major cleaning to do (smells a little like wet dog, which he had a big one) and the dead world seems to get stuck when rotating. If I help it out it gets going again but eventually sticks. Just the rings, planet is fine. Lights in the planet don’t go very bright too, flasher works fine though. Other than that, drop targets need some work, but I’m super excited!

#3229 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardHurtz:

Does anyone else ever have issues with the center drop not dropping to expose the subway like it's supposed to during multiball and safe cracker? I lived with it for a long time but finally took the plunge and figured out the issue. The linkage on the drop coil is a poor design and took some slight modification, but I'm happy to report it is now functioning with 100% success.

Would love to learn more. Mine drops, but doesn’t always come back up. Looks like it struggles a lot!

2 weeks later
#3247 4 years ago

Hey guys, Planet question here, specifically about gears under the planet. The planet itself spins fine, but I noticed the rings stop at a consistent spot. Getting under the playfield, I see the top gear slips because one of the teeth is either gone or bent, so it doesn’t catch unless I push the rotation. It’s not in the gear box, it’s above it. In the pic below, above these gears is the playfield and below is the gearbox.

I read another thread where they said contact Steve for a rebuild, but do I need a rebuild since I can see the gear that needs replacing? Anyone done this?

E65D50FF-E68D-4469-9222-94FC73D59490 (resized).jpegE65D50FF-E68D-4469-9222-94FC73D59490 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3350 4 years ago

Anyone know what size the screws are that hold on the opto switches on the stacked wire forms (that connect to the ramps) in the upper right?

#3358 4 years ago

Where do these go? Anyone recognize them?

6A0D62C1-01F9-43B9-A3BD-E99F960858EF (resized).jpeg6A0D62C1-01F9-43B9-A3BD-E99F960858EF (resized).jpeg
#3364 4 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Where do these go? Anyone recognize them?[quoted image]

Haha, now that’s funny. If I remember from taking things apart they were in the ramp opto switches. They must have been holding them in because I’m short a few screws up there!

#3370 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

They don't look like anything i've seen on the machine but definitely do resemble soldering iron tips There wouldn't be any practical application for a chisel tip metal post??

I remember when I pulled them out I was thinking “well that’s interesting”, and I’m like 90% sure they were in the ramp optos. I got this game a couple of months ago and tried to keep the tear down at a minimum for cleaning and LEDs, but there’s no way around the ramps and wire forms on this one. Putting it back together I didn’t remember where i pulled them from, but then when I saw screws missing from the optos, that when I remembered where they were.

I have found some MacGyver stuff here and there in this machine, but luckily it’s all been smaller stuff like this.

#3378 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Total 8 screws for 4 optos; plus 4 spacers.
Part numbers:
4004-01005-08 ms 4-40x1/2 p-ph
01-11681 spacer-ramp opto[quoted image]

Awesome, thanks! I was in it last night and saw I was missing one of those spacers. It also looks like the black side of the optos barely creep over the wireform rail, is it supposed to clear it better than that or is this normal?

#3380 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

As I remember, here you can find pictures about stacked wireform (too):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-teardown-pics-400

Awesome, picture 41 confirmed it for me. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 37.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tictacseth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=tictacseth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.