IMG_1882 (resized).JPG
IMG_1879 (resized).JPG
IMG_1880 (resized).JPG
IMG_1881 (resized).JPG
IMG_4885 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4884 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4883 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatonedude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2897 5 years ago

I was picking up a freebie EM last week at a junkyard, and a customer saw me moving the game. He came up and asked if I bought pinballs. Said he had a pair of Judge Dredd machines that he was selling.
So, a few days later, I'm in the club.

20181231_154625 (resized).jpg20181231_154625 (resized).jpg12308 (resized).jpeg12308 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#2915 5 years ago

So, during multiball, mine tends to shoot the balls straight down the middle. According to my level phone app, it appears to be pretty much level, side to side. At first I thought it might be bouncing off of the upper left flipper, but I'm not sure. Anyone else dealing with this?

1 week later
#2925 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

...i don't think ill ever get rid of mine.

I agree. It wasn't on my radar when I got the two I ran across, but now I think that one of them will be a permanent fixture in my lineup(unless Elvira 3 knocks it out).

2 weeks later
#2958 5 years ago

Do any other flippers lose power then?

1 week later
#2968 5 years ago

Anyone have a broken planet assembly that they would be willing to part with? I'm looking for the shaft part. Don't care about the gears.

#2970 5 years ago

Out of curiosity, if there was a simple, cheap part to spin the deadworld ring but leaves the center part of the planet stationary, would you take that over a more expensive gearbox fix?

#2973 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

What are you looking at spending, curious as I have a few but paid $$ for one and $$$ for the other

Oh, I'm not looking at buying one. I have two broken ones, and I was looking at creating a simple stepper motor version. I was just curious what other people thought was more important, a cheap method of spinning the ring reliably or having the opposing spins.

2 months later
#3084 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Unfortunately with his current setup the main larger JD ramps are way too big to create

I'm surprised that no one else has tried to create ramps that are modular instead of one piece. It seems like a no brainer in terms of long term maintenance, shipping(no more massive oversized boxes for a ramp) and would be easier to make with the many vacuum form kits I see floating around.

#3090 4 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

would you put a 3pce ramp in your game . there would have to be zero other options for me

Sure. I'm designing one for one of my project games right now. Why would I care if it were modular?

#3097 4 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

obviously not planning on selling them then(machine) . all that effort into the incorrect part, you've got more time than me. good luck

Versus selling a broken pin that can't play at all, or some atrocious looking bondo mess that looks like a total hack? I put all sorts of "incorrect" parts on machines to make them run better(converting Sys6 flippers to fliptronic style, subwoofers, repo guides, etc) or keep them from wearing(playfield protectors, Cliffys, etc). Luckily for you, no one is going to force you to buy one of my machines or install anything I work on. The custom Scared Stiff I'm building would really bug the hell out of you...

3 weeks later
#3121 4 years ago

So, I recently worked on the driver board of my Dredd. It's a Rottendog replacement, and I had a couple of dead transistors. Afterwards, when I got it back together, the popper on the left side(the subway popper) kept going off during play. I was initially concerned that I had fixed one thing on the board while breaking something else, but I decided to look at the mech first and give it a good cleaning in case that was it. One of the wires to the opto was broken, and intermittently making contact, apparently triggering the mechanism. I also noticed that one wire on the coil itself was mostly broken. Resoldering the opto wire fixed the firing, and I resoldered the coil to prevent future problems. It was hard to see that the wire was broken off because the shape of the wire kept it right at the same spot, and if I hadn't given each wire a tug to see if I had problems there, I wouldn't have noticed. Just a heads up to save someone else a little debugging trouble if they see this issue in the future.

3 months later
#3251 4 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Getting under the playfield, I see the top gear slips because one of the teeth is either gone or bent, so it doesn’t catch unless I push the rotation.

Mine is damaged in the same way. I've thought about trying to tighten it slightly with a heavy zip tie across the two shafts. If I could find gears, I would rebuild. Barring that, there was a way that I thought of that might work or be a total disaster. Put a dab of JB Weld on it and let the remaining teeth "cut" grooves in it. Rotate it away from the worn area with jb weld and let it harden into "new teeth."
Now, this is just a crazy idea I had while looking at one that would probably be replaced with a Marco unit if I route it, so don't try it unless you are also willing to toss the whole unit if it goes bad.

3 weeks later
#3333 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I have a sample JD with a factory brass apron.

I have a brass apron. Does that mean mine is a sample game or something?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatonedude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.