Topic Stats

• 3,494 posts
  • 401 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by altan
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 957 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pursuit2 (resized).jpg
pursuit1 (resized).jpg
5J5A3133 (resized).JPG
5J5A3089 (resized).JPG
5J5A3092 (resized).JPG
5J5A3088 (resized).JPG
JD pin (resized).jpg
JD 2020 PST (resized).jpg
DSCN6628 (resized).JPG
6FD8E3EE-13A8-4953-B6FB-409C3CE2A880 (resized).jpeg
Dredd (resized).jpg
JD Coolling Towers 1 (resized).jpg
JD Cooling Tower3 (resized).jpg
JD Cooling Tower 2 (resized).jpg
JD Cooling Towers4 (resized).jpg
DSCN6585 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 7 years ago

I have one of them. Can I be in the club?

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

thats pretty cool. Where did you get the tower things?

Towers are the ones from DE Simpsons.....

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

I thought so. but I have only ever seen grey ones.

DE Simpsons.. Not the Stern one...

#72 6 years ago

My balls end up on that ramp a fair number of times from hitting the drop targets.

#83 6 years ago

Here is a funny Dredd story regarding having stuck balls....

When I first got my machine, It played great for about six games, and then, crazy shit started happening....

Multi-balls would last for ever, and it would plunge two balls onto the playfield at once. I wracked my brain trying to figure out what was wrong.

I cleaned all the opto sensors, I ran all the switch tests, I couldn't figure it out.

Then I took the balls out to raise the playfield.... 1,2,3,4,5,6........SEVEN!

At some point after I received the game, I had knocked a stuck ball loose, and the game didn't like having too many in the trough, for sure....

Fast forward a few more weeks, I start having issues again. First thing I check is the ball trough.. again... SEVEN balls in it! There were damn pinballs stuck all over this thing!

It's been OK for a while now... But, I won't be surprised if the thing spawns another ball at some point. It's like my own personal ball bearing factory....

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

The missions on JD are great. Each one is like a little game within the game and they all require a special set of shots to complete.

What do you think is the hardest one?

For me, it's either Safecracker or Battle Tank. I've completed battle tank a grand total of ONCE!

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I concur with Battle Tank...that left orbit is really tough to hit on my machine. Safecracker is one of the easiest ones in my opinion. I can just keep hitting the hole over and over from the left flipper. Blackout is a really tough one I think.

Blackout is tough. I've hit the ramp a few times, but almost never from the upper flipper. Normally, it's just a perfect shot from the left lower flipper that barely sneaks in..

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

But isn't that oh so satisfying when that happens? I mean, if you look at it seems there is almost no way that could happen but it is just possible to squeeze that shot it.

I think I actually yell out loud whenever it happens.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

i have the hardest time with manhunt. I can never hit that left ramp when i really need to. Smae for stakeout. Strangely, battle tank is one i can finish almost every time.

How long is the timer set on your battle tank? I just find there is too much to hit that quickly. (20 seconds, I think?)

The left ramp is harder to hit consistently than the right, for sure.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

whatever factory setting is. 20 seconds i think. I just go left loop. center ramp. and then smack the right targets from the left upper flipper in that order. I can get it in three flips about half the time.

The one time I got it, that's how I did it. It's getting setup (and hitting) that left loop that's tough for me. I guess once I start hearing the explosions from the tank, I get all ham-fisted and lock up...

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

when i hit the second dhot it just awards me the score and ends the mode. I see no dog. I am on version 7 i believe

I get the dog. Not sure what version I'm on.

#116 6 years ago

My supergame starts with 2 balls. Regular multiball is 4, Ultimate Challenge is 6.....

1 year later
#348 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Question: Mine is in damn good shape,
the bottom of the ramp where it connects above the slingshot lane gets destroyed in time,
what is a good part to use to protect it?

Cliffy makes a support bracket for this. Mine was fine, but I added his bracket anyway. Now, it should be good forever....

5 months later
#480 5 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

The "Blackout" mode does use GI dimming effects. Therefore you have two choices:
1) Stick with incandescent bulbs
2) Use LED's, but turn off GI dimming in the menu.

I had a totally LED'd JD, but I still got the blackout effect by turning off GI dimming, but adding incandescent spot lights on each side to illuminate the center of the playfield. It looked real nice.

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I bet you miss it now! Not to worry, JD is a $1400 game folks.

I do miss it. Only pin I ever (sort-of) regret moving along.

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I've never added a spot light...where kind did you get (and are they easy to install)?

Like this:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1542

Pretty easy to install.

Put them on a slingshot post, snake the wires through a hole under the sling plastic and solder them to any GI light that makes sense.

1 year later
#985 4 years ago

Back in!

DSCN1745.JPG

This is the ONLY game I've ever sold and wanted back. Took about a year to get it back in place.

I had the color DMD in White Water, but the dots in JD are SO MUCH BETTER, I had to move it. I doubt I'll get one to replace the one from WH2O....

3 weeks later
#990 4 years ago

I had a WCS94 for a year. Got rid of it. Bought back a Judge Dredd because I missed it so much after selling it.

1 month later
#1071 4 years ago

I collected all four judges for the first time ever today. Good times, good times.

#1075 4 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

Nice tat! no clue how to even do that never really played the game just having fun fixing it up at the moment lol well mostly fun
BUMP for my question above..

Well, I'd be looking at the pins and plug on that lamp board. One bad pin there will kill all of the GI on that board. The flashers run on a different circuit, so they wouldn't be effected. If the pins and connector are fine, there might be a broken wire somewhere on the way getting there. Trace back the wires to the last known working lamp.

#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

It hasn't been very long, but I am hard-core missing Judge Dredd from my collection, why don't earth did you guys let me sell it, lol

It's the only game I've ever wanted to buy back.. and I did. Go get it!

#1084 4 years ago

Money doesn't grow on trees. It grows on laser printers.....

1 week later
#1103 4 years ago

Plays like crap. Keep up the great work, TPA!

1 month later
#1159 4 years ago

I had a JD that had an issue with entering high scores. The issue was, as I remember it, when the enter initials screen came up, it would auto-enter AAA as the initial, in a rapid fire way, with no interaction from the player.

I never assumed it was a wide-spread issue - just something wrong with the switch matrix on my machine. It got sold to a guy in Cleveland, who later sold it to.. I'm not sure. Maybe this one machine has passed to several hands?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside