IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider soapman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 11 years ago

I want to join

cliffypost.jpgcliffypost.jpg

#46 11 years ago

A little mod I'm working on. Going to add some lights inside and hook them the the meltdown light so when it is flashing the towers will flash. The # 3 tower will have to be cut some to fit, # 1 needs decal applied.

Towers.jpgTowers.jpg

#53 11 years ago

Thanks. Correct on the towers. Decals made at work, thanks to fellow pinsider. Working on bracket so it will use the holes from the other towers. Lighting still in production. Will make a post on whole project.

#128 11 years ago

I like the blue. Did you get that from pinbits?

7 months later
#171 10 years ago

Looks more like "Life for Cannibalism "

2 months later
#181 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Air raid ramp exit

Is the bottom wire form.
The middle one you have circled is the black out ramp.

1 week later
#228 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Also, completely converting JD over to LED's is a daunting task considering I am up over 200 bulbs so far on my count.

We'll worth the convert to led. As for the legs I went with new chrome.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-shop-job

Most LEDs from pinball life. Some of the flashers from cointaker's

3 months later
#392 9 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The only problem i've found with the deadworld mod so far is that if you finish a game with 1 or 2 balls in "lock" it confuses the crap outta the machine when you start a new game and the solenoids all fire off trying to find the missing balls. LOVE my JD machine, one of my favs

This only happens to me when I turn the machine off, than turn back on later, than the machine goes nuts looking for them. I just clear them out before I shut down.

2 weeks later
#417 9 years ago

Little update on the towers. Had a few other projects come up (I know over a year). This is what they will look like.
20140525_151452.jpg20140525_151452.jpg

Been having issues with lights, bright or not so bright? Thinking of going with the "glowing" effect. Will try to get some photos of that. Mounting is not going to be on the plastic but from the post just by the #2 tower and other side of shooter lane by the steel ramp guard (reversible). The lights could clip the "meltdown" light to flash or I might just hook to gi.

Post edited by Soapman: Rudy likes them

#420 9 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

Those are great. Any idea if you'll make these available to us or not?

It could happen. Depends on the bracket and lights. The decal should not be a problem.

4 months later
#520 9 years ago
Quoted from Industen:

Tonedef clockwise is right.

COUNTER clockwise, as seen in video, is the right way, not clockwise

2 months later
#545 9 years ago

Can't wait!!

3 months later
#729 9 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

I have a question for anyone that has the red or blue led mod that's on eBay. The one that brightens up the back of the playfield. It looks great but is it worth getting the eBay mod? Or should I just order some led strips from comet? I'd hate to pay triple the price for something I could just get with my next led order.

I made my own. Got my lights from amazon http://www.amazon.com/Triangle-Bulbs-T93007-1-pack-Waterproof/dp/B005EHHLD8/ref=sr_1_2
I also put a dimmer in line. http://www.amazon.com/Lerway-Controller-Wireless-Control-R106/dp/B00AHU2U7O/ref=pd_sim_hi_4

Made one for me and one for my friend. Just need to add your own wire and find a spot to get 12 volt. Test post on board works for starters but need to move. I dont have mine on all the time so I have not moved it yet but for less than 15 bucks you can make your own and have strip of led's for other things.

20150312_213813.jpg20150312_213813.jpg
2 months later
#790 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

There's some guys on vp universe making their own for a fraction of the cost, maybe we could do the same?
http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/1669-shaker-motor-stern-and-others/
I know, I have at least 4 pins that I'd like shakers in, but $$$

That sounds like a good project. Think I will give it a try.

1 week later
#810 8 years ago

Nice work Mancave. I slacked off. Please let me know how you mounted them and what lights you used. I hope to have mine done soon. Was working on a few other projects. Again NICE WORK!!

#817 8 years ago

I like the mounting. Never thought about that.

#823 8 years ago

If anyone needs a decal for the towers let me know. The ones I had made will cover the whole tower. PM me to let me know if you need them. I will charge shipping and some extra coin for the printing.

#824 8 years ago

Mancave. Did you have to make new holes in the plastic or are they a mount already? I'm trying to make it so you don't need to make new holes to mount (reversible).

#825 8 years ago

If anyone needs the decals just pm me. I will check with printer in the morning. I can do stamp but would prefer to do priority mail.

#838 8 years ago

I checked with my art guy and he is in a good mood today so he has giving me the file to give to you all..

#846 8 years ago

I choose the red because the numbers on my decal are cut out so you would see the red behind when lite. I like the glow of the red my self. Hope the pdf works for everyone.

#856 8 years ago

If you can not get the pdf to load, just pm me your email. I will send when I can.

1 week later
#872 8 years ago

I have added the tower PDF to my Dropbox. Some peeps have been having issues with downloading from my post (#838 page 17)
Please use link from my Dropbox. If you still have issues please PM me your email and I will send it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bykkj7d9fama80/NUKE%20TOWERS%20%281%29.pdf?dl=0

Thanks,
Bill

If you don't have a way to print your own, let me know. I will see what the cost will be to print and ship.

#895 8 years ago

For anyone that would need the decals for the tower mod, I have got a price from the printer and added for shipping $15 a set. The decal will be laminated and cut. The number will be cut out also to show the red of tower behind. If you want he can not cut out the number. If you would like me to get them printed ( I know of a few that don't have ways to print), just pm me and I will get a order up.

2 weeks later
#936 8 years ago

Nice work Jgaltr56!!
The water slide decal did great. Like the mounts.
My JD is going to get cleaned up soon so I will finish mine.

2 weeks later
#956 8 years ago

I have the tower decals in hand. If you could not print your own, let me know, I have a few sets. $15 Shipped. I can ship internationally.

Thanks,
Bill

2 months later
#1000 8 years ago

Just going to bump for a 1000

1 week later
#1013 8 years ago

DSC05778.JPGDSC05778.JPG

Overhead lights off

DSC05780.JPGDSC05780.JPG

Overhead lights on

Comet led for all my pins

Hard to take a photo of led lights and get the true effect.

#1023 8 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Cool, diggin the red led strips in the back. Are those cool whites in the GI?

They are natural white. http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/led.htm
LED strip I got from amazon: http://tinyurl.com/p4aa5el
Added a dimmer: http://tinyurl.com/op2p247

#1025 8 years ago

Dimmer between strip and power. Power is temp on the 12volt test point on board (need to move). Holds setting after you turn off. I have had to reset maybe 2 times in 3 years. Easy access from back box.
I would get 2-7 led strips from comet that plug into gi lights. I plan on that when I shop JD later this winter.

1 week later
#1041 8 years ago

Gov, I'm running the L1 ROM"dead world ROM" with the color DMD and your awesome colorization of the game. No problems what so ever. "Disclaimer" I don't see much of the DMD when playing but what I have seen is great. Now Redeyes,

Quoted from Redeyes:Also is there GI lights under the lower subway

Mine are on.

#1049 8 years ago

Here Ya go jdoz2.DSC05859.JPGDSC05859.JPG

DSC05860.JPGDSC05860.JPG

2 weeks later
#1078 8 years ago

It was my third pin, first dmd. Still have it. Don't think it will ever leave. Love me some JD.
Beer time and JD time.

#1091 8 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

Anyone know a solution here? Cliffy were u at?
Also are these back board decals available somewhere and i just missed them? Thanks!!!!
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Cliffy is not made.
Send me a PM with you're email and I'll send file if you can not print let me know.

1 month later
#1185 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I should have mine next week. Any tips on a shopping one of these out? Looks pretty busy.

Take LOTS of PHOTOS. I did mine awhile back and it is due another soon.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-shop-job

5 months later
#1452 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

this one is like solid plaster of paris.

Mine is the same way. Heavy.
DSCN0787_(resized).JPGDSCN0787_(resized).JPG

DSCN0788_(resized).JPGDSCN0788_(resized).JPG

#1470 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Such a great machine! A keeper for sure.

Nice looking machine. Now you need a color dmd to top it off.
20150311_193604_(resized).jpg20150311_193604_(resized).jpg

20150311_195723_(resized).jpg20150311_195723_(resized).jpg

#1474 7 years ago

Nice. Keep us posted on crane.

1 week later
#1507 7 years ago

Marco sells the bracket. It is a exact copy of the original. This is for the plastic ones.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-11964

2 weeks later
#1562 7 years ago

How about some side shots of the cab. Head and lower cab.

#1563 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Looking for a little input regarding how the drop targets should work when spelling Judge.
It seems most of the time, if you hit a target out of order then the target will drop and not change the flashing light. Then, if you hit the correct target, it's possible you end up with a flashing light for a target that is already down.
Is this normal? Or should the game pop up all the targets in this case?
When this happens, you can shoot the center subway (assuming the drop target in front is down) to light the letter.
In case this isn't clear, here is a specific example.
JUDGE are all up. J is flashing.
I hit the U target. It goes down.
J is still flashing
I now hit the J target. It goes down.
U is now flashing but it is already down.
at this point I need to hit the D target so it goes down
and then shoot the ball into the subway, which now lights the D target
I'm hopeful this is normal behavior. However, I wasn't able to find anyone stating the correct behavior... hence this post.
Thanks!
... Altan

Yes this normal. If the J is flashing and you hit the "UDGE" they will drop. J will only count if you hit J or enter subway. If you hit the J and all others are down than they reset. The same for all letters. If you have one letter up and all are down and hit subway, the one flashing will be counted and move to the next.
I think I explained it right. Beer and pin 400 miles away

#1581 7 years ago

benetnath, I believe it is normal game play. Take a look at this.

http://pinball.org/rules/judgedredd.html

This should help you out

1 week later
#1601 7 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:Thanks and good spot.. damn that's annoying..
Would this combo work for both?
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/a-18616.html
ebay.com link » Bally Judge Dredd Pinball Machine Playfield Ramp Sign Police Siren Decal New Nos

This should work

5 months later
#2014 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Thanks!!
One great pinsider in this thread. He printed them and shipped. Great quality at a great price.

You can say who did them.

#2015 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Just finished adding towers. Inside lights are subtle but the overall effect is great.

Looks Great!!

#2020 7 years ago

NICE. Don't we all want one!!

1 month later
#2075 7 years ago
Quoted from KenM:

Hey, could I get some good pictures of the metal guard on the plastic ramp above the outlane on the right?

Its a cliffy.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/dreddpro.htm

#2077 7 years ago

Looks good!!

2 weeks later
#2116 7 years ago

They make a great dust cover. Got one about 3 years ago.

#2122 7 years ago

Me too!!!!! (that is 1,257,263,320)

DSC05778 (resized).JPGDSC05778 (resized).JPG

3 months later
#2263 6 years ago

Little help. I turned JD on and it sat for about 3 min, came up just fine, DMD working ready for play. I was updating my JP with color DMD firmware and heard some random coils going off on JD. Looked up and DMD was out. Shut the game off and back on, random coils go off and DMD black(no power). Did it one more time and no coils going off but DMD is black. I have a LCD Colordmd installed. Started a game and it just keep sending balls out. WTF, I have not played it in about 2 weeks. I have check fuses for DMD controller board and all good.

Help

#2265 6 years ago

@PinRob. I did not check it. That was the problem. It worked for about 1 1/2 hours. Played fine. Was looking at Pinside and it blew again. Don't understand why it blows when just sitting idle. The VUK coils go off and DMD goes out. Don't have a clue

*I don't have any 12V mods hooked up to it**

#2267 6 years ago

Not sure on the 5V. I have had the Color DMD for a few years. No you keep your ghost. Don't want one.

1 week later
#2284 6 years ago

@SLCpunk2113. I have Put Comet LEDs in mine and turned off dim. Looks great. LED OCD is a great add on, you can set it up the way you want it. I have it on my NASCAR and it is awesome!!

5 months later
#2508 6 years ago
Quoted from nipper2u:

Wow - that looks nice! Thanks for the pics and gif.
BTW - is that a Dragon on your playfield?

That would be Judge Death shoulder guard.

#2519 6 years ago

Look at back posts. If you need help with items let me know. ( on my phone so not easy to give links)

1 month later
#2635 6 years ago

toxicwes pm me your email.

2 months later
#2776 5 years ago

@bigballa69 take pictures!!!
Here when I tore mine down.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-shop-job

Need to do it again soon on mine.
Good luck

#2779 5 years ago

I guess I should have checked, sorry. It was 5 years ago. I will get it updated and post link.
Thanks for letting me know.

#2789 5 years ago

@ChipScott. I think I have the one that the tower mounts to. I'll check on the others tonight. At work now. Ya it sucks but they have free beer.

#2793 5 years ago

ChipScott this is what I have.

20180624_090748 (resized).jpg20180624_090748 (resized).jpg20180624_090757 (resized).jpg20180624_090757 (resized).jpg20180624_090804 (resized).jpg20180624_090804 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#2854 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Does anybody know the part number or spec for the bolts used to attach the topper bracket to the head?
Also, the screws to attach the topper to the bracket?

This should answer your question.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17468-G

1 year later
#3411 4 years ago

nipper2u Let me check when I get home and see how my extra on is. Don't remember if it is cracked.

#3412 4 years ago

@nipper2u, if this will work for you. Ill send it out. Was using it to work on my tower mod, that I have not finished yet.

20191218_072204 (resized).jpg20191218_072204 (resized).jpg20191218_072211 (resized).jpg20191218_072211 (resized).jpg20191218_072225 (resized).jpg20191218_072225 (resized).jpg20191218_072230 (resized).jpg20191218_072230 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#3575 4 years ago

durgee7
Just a idea, add a color dmd. You will not be disappointed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider soapman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=soapman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.