IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sly_old_devil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#281 10 years ago

JD has just arrived and I am starting some pre-start-up jobs like cleaning it for a kickoff, pin is great original nick just a bit neglected over the years and of course topper went bye byes a long time ago, just hope it starts.

JD1.jpgJD1.jpg

#293 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

JD has just arrived and I am starting some pre-start-up jobs like cleaning it for a kickoff, pin is great original nick just a bit neglected over the years and of course topper went bye byes a long time ago, just hope it starts.

JD1.jpg 133 KB

Well it started but I have no flashers and the start, super, left fire and extra ball buttons dont register in switch test mode are they all on related circuits, any common issues ideas?

I'll get a manual printed so I can start troubleshooting systematically more easily.

Cheers

#301 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

For the flashers, are you engaging the interlock switch when you run the test? Does LED 5 light up on the power driver board? Is fuse F111 good (5ASB)?
For the switches, did you also test playfield switches? What you report as bad has switches out in three different columns and three different rows so could be connectors or multiple switch issues.
viperrwk

Thanks, it has taken me a while to try it again with manuals. Yep I fell for the old interlock while testing trick, never encountered that before (DM & JD arrived at the same time and no manuals for either), flashers are fine, led5, F111 etc.

Looks like a connector issue as I can start a supergame but not a standard one, the last owner forgot to neutralize the battery acid damage on the J212 connector even though he changed the board out for a new one the frickin idiot and it looks pretty blue/green. Just waiting on new connectors to arrive from the states (should only take a couple of weeks).

2 months later
#373 9 years ago

Question for the JD crowd, had mine for a few weeks now and going to do a teardown and new cab decals etc (waiting for the Eagle to land as well - literally).

I noticed that the flipper button mech setup was different on the left side to the right side and luckily saw a post that explained that this was normal, before I newbed it here , so to my question; has anyone changed this setup so that they feel the same on both sides and what did you do to get it that way (mine feels way different, much stiffer on the left side)?

Cheers

#379 9 years ago

Thanks for the responses, are the GLM boards the only options out there, does everyone else just man up and build the extra strength in the left flipper fingers? Can't help wondering if there is a secret mothers recipe that might work

So are the magnets on the GLM boards just for balance (weight and feel) and can move/stick when going mad so a dab of glue or something when satisfied with the magnet position could be in order?

#383 9 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

The difference in feel really bothered me when I first got it but I don't even notice it anymore.

Yeah I know what you mean, after a few games you get used to it and almost forget about it completely but then I move to a different PIN for a while and when I go back to JD the first few games feel out of whack again, really just a minor annoyance but if it can be eliminated then sweet.

2 months later
#443 9 years ago

Can someone just confirm how the Deadworld diverter should work under normal default conditions (without the Deadworld mod). Mine works during test but I have never seen it "divert" a ball during game play and assumed it was disabled in code after the original Deadworld design was replaced.

Whenever I do a weak shot into the Deadworld area my machine knows it is there and the crane and Deadworld cycle kicks in right away.

Cheers

3 weeks later
#462 9 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

hello i want to share a new mod speaker cover I'm developing for Judge Dredd. It is plastic but not solid so it will not reduce the speaker sound. and also i can paint it with shiny gold. what do you think guys?

10637876_10202707001852879_10118... 64 KB

10622004_10202707004732951_23347... 76 KB

10622303_10202706977972282_19767... 44 KB

Look good, I like the ones with Dredd across them the most, also I have the shiny topper so would like to see those shiny gold.

1 month later
#514 9 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Alriiiiight!
I happened to get some spare opto parts, and in the end, it was just an unsoldered wire.
That changes everything, and Normal Game finally is interesting!
Thanks guys!

I have the same symptoms can you post pics or more details on what wire was unattached or what you fixed to get the diverter to work please?

Cheers

#516 9 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Well, basically, what you need to know is that the diverter will only work for the third ball .The first two will be considered locked just by passing on the left ramp.
During the game, when the ball goes on the left ramp, there should be a motorbike sound, with a little video with it. If you don't have it, your opto isn't functional indeed.
One good technique to verify it is to use a digital camera : shooting around the playfield, you should see white lights coming out of the optos. On mine, the one that was a problem didn't show no light.
In the end, i just unscrewed and took away the left ramp (5 minutes) and realized one wire was not connected anymore.
But you may have to change the led, if that's what is dead.
If you don't have one and you don't want to spend your money on shipping fees, you can do it with an old remote control. Just dismantle it, take the opto and put it instead if the one that's not working.

Thanks for the response, I get the bike sound every time however it never diverts the third ball but always starts multiball after the third virtual lock and the diverter works when in test mode, is there a specific opto just for the diverter?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sly_old_devil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=sly_old_devil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.