IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#476 9 years ago

Thinking of taking advantage of the cointaker 25% discount this weekend to put some LEDs in mine. http://shop.cointaker.com/category.sc?categoryId=78

Go with the complete kit? Or the super brites? Anyone have an opinion on that? I assume the non-ghosting add on is necessary if you got that way.

Also can't remember offhand if there are dimming effects on the GI...because often people will just leave standard bulbs for the GI to accommodate.

Thanks!

#487 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I had a totally LED'd JD, but I still got the blackout effect by turning off GI dimming, but adding incandescent spot lights on each side to illuminate the center of the playfield. It looked real nice.

I've never added a spot light...where kind did you get (and are they easy to install)?

#489 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Like this:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1542
Pretty easy to install.
Put them on a slingshot post, snake the wires through a hole under the sling plastic and solder them to any GI light that makes sense.

Awesome - thanks. Well within my abilities.

4 months later
#597 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

i have a question about the left launch button and mode select. neither seems to work but i dont know when they are used. i had two balls get trapped in the left shooter lane during a pretty good game I was having the other night. they only came out when the missing ball solenoids started firing. directions on mode select say hit buttons during game to select mode. I don't see anything change when I hit them. I glanced through the manual quickly and nothing jumped out so I figured I'd ask the experts before digging in deeper to save time

That switch is dead, or it's not fully connected.

Go into Switch Edge test and press that button. You'll probably not see/hear any indication that you pressed it. If so, I'd open it up and take a look at that area, are the wires disconnected or loose? If I recall, that area is extremely close to the playfield when it is raised and lowered, so something could easily have been disturbed.

If the balls go into the left shooter lane from an air-raid shot, you should have to manually launch them back out (which, you cannot do since your button doesn't work). However, if they go in there on their own, they should be kicked back out immediately without you having to do anything. If this isn't happening, then you probably have an issue with the switch that sits at the base of the left shooter lane.

1 week later
#621 9 years ago

Mine works (flawlessly, I believe) without the deadworld mod, but when I put it in, the crane suddenly started missing balls left and right. Went back to working when I uninstalled the mod.

3 years later
#2832 5 years ago

I was just finishing up a kit for this game. This game has the fewest GI bulbs of any game I've ever worked on, and wow is the center of the playfield dark. Spotlights make a huge difference!

The manual lists "Cursed Earth" flashers, that are under the playfield ("under globe"). I've looked several times and can't find them. Do they actually exist, or is it possible these got left in the manual and didn't make it into the production models?

#2834 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I believe they are under the playfield on the long board that houses both regular bulbs and some flashers. It is long and has many bulbs on each side, some are flashers.

You're absolutely right, thank you!! They're mixed in amongst the GI sockets that illuminate the subway below the globe. One of them is the 2nd down on the left side. The other is 2nd from the bottom on the right side.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=ryanwanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.