IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reallifepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I'm in!! I got mine not long ago. I definitely see it staying for a while.

IMAG1465.jpg 268 KB

I really like the colors on the right side of your backglass. Do you remember what color bulbs you used?

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes you can. As a matter of fact I left the old rom in mine for a while after installing the disc just to make sure everything else was good before changing it out. It worked like a charm.

How does that work? It seems like you'd end up with a launched ball and the "locked" ball.

Not doubting, just curious.

#211 10 years ago

Oh yeah. I had it backwards.

#216 10 years ago

Quick question for you LED'd Dredd Owners:

Do you just set the game not to dim? I didn't notice til I replaced the batteries and the settings reset that certain modes dim the lights way down (Blackout, Missile Launch). I'll have to double check later but I think it dims all of the backbox lights, too. It's my understanding that this won't happen with LEDs. If so that's a bummer. Is there any way around this besides leaving the GI and backbox incandescent?
I'd be pretty disappointed to lose this feature that I've only known about for a couple of days.

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

I just set mine to not dim. Why do you want it to dim when it has LEDs?

When it dims in game, it's pretty cool. It's too bad they didn't just turn them off. Then LEDs wouldn't matter.

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

My total is closer to around 187. I've attached my near final version of my LED plan based on using Cointaker LEDs. Would be interesting to find out what others have done or think. I should be finalising it over the coming weeks.
[attachment=1382906,]

Would love to check it out, but I don't think it's really there.

#249 10 years ago

If anybody is working on their Dredd soon and can snap a picture of the underside of the Deadworld lamp plate I'd appreciate it. My wires are pulled off and I don't know which go to F and GI. I looked at the schematics (3-7) and it looks like the blue-red goes to the flasher but I'm scared to assume.

#251 10 years ago

The wires that are still left on the board from when they pulled them off seem to confirm that too but... if it can be messed up I'll find a way to do it.

2 weeks later
#266 10 years ago

Wasn't ever sure of JD toys on this machine, but those look nice. I want that Judge Death just to have.

If anyone has picked up the $80 IPB topper with plating issue could you explain what those issues are? Want to order one soon and if I can save $20 I'd like to.

#268 10 years ago

I sent her a message on their site last month and again today. Just curious if someone had a first hand opinion.

1 month later
#314 10 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

I'm not the most handy handy guy in the world so I'm a little afraid that I won't put the playfield back together correctly. Plus, I have some broken plastics that maybe will break more. This game doesn't look the easiest to take apart.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm off base but, when you take the ramps out, I would disconnect the optos from the harness rather than unscrewing them from the ramps like I did. It's a pain to keep all the pieces straight. Other than that, it's not as bad as it seems.

#326 10 years ago

Those tie in really well. Thanks for the pics.

1 month later
#355 10 years ago

I got mine from PinballLife. They stay synced pretty well, not great. They looked cool though even when they weren't the same colors.

#357 10 years ago

Me too, Gov. I didn't even know there was a comic when I got my pin but I've read quite a bit now. The little touches they added are really nice. Walter the robot and Mean Machine on the slings are cool to see now that I know who they are. And the most important thing they nailed was the motorcycle.

I was trying to think of another machine based solely on a comic (without a movie tie-in) and I couldn't think of any others since the 70s with Superman, Spiderman and Hulk. Am I forgetting any more recent ones?

Edit: Looks like TFTC was based on the comic as much as the TV show.

#359 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Xmen was based on the comic only I think.....could be wrong though.

That seems like you're right. I wasn't sure since it was the same relative time as the movies but they've been making some sort of X-Men movie since 2000 so the pin is likely just marketing the brand not the movies, I am guessing.

3 weeks later
#381 9 years ago

Can some of you share how you have your JDs set up? I did a factory reset on my Dredd yesterday and changed some of the settings from how I had them set up before. I used to have all rewards as extra ball but left them the factory replay, increased the ball save to 8 sec, turned the extra ball buy in off, left the outlane openings enormous.
How do you have yours set up?

Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Thanks for the responses, are the GLM boards the only options out there, does everyone else just man up and build the extra strength in the left flipper fingers?

The difference in feel really bothered me when I first got it but I don't even notice it anymore.

2 weeks later
#419 9 years ago

Those are great. Any idea if you'll make these available to us or not?

1 month later
#435 9 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Q1. That's the way mine is
Q2. Mine just works, no flips needed.
Q3. All changes I've made worked. Running L7 ROM

Same for me except for question 3. I've never changed that setting so I don't know for sure that it changes and saves it but there are a couple goofy things that it never changes. The attract sounds and game restart settings don't really do anything from what I have heard.

Another question: When you are hitting up the left ramp repeatedly, my machine will divert the ball after you hit it 6 times in a row. I thought you could just spam that shot as long as you wanted and it would add 500k each time. That was the main reason I heard for why JD isn't used in the big tournaments. Is that right?

1 week later
#451 9 years ago

Thanks for posting. I don't love the price but it is realistic. Time to pull the trigger.

7 years later
#4136 2 years ago

Just rejoined the club after a long absence. I haven't shopped it out yet but I wanted to share my Dead world ring. It always bugged me that the ring blocked the Cursed Earth plastics so I cut this today. I think once the machine is all cleaned up it will be an improvement. Your thoughts?

D8646114-35C5-46FF-BF90-E09B795D2615 (resized).jpegD8646114-35C5-46FF-BF90-E09B795D2615 (resized).jpeg
#4138 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Looks great! Now mod that crane…

I looked in the shop today and didn’t see anything available. I’ll go back in this thread and see if I can find one. The physical recreation of the plastic looks really nice.

#4141 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Davi makes the best crane mod. Send him a PM here on Pinside

Thanks. Just sent them a PM.

1 week later
#4148 2 years ago

I am final done shopping this beast out. It was filthy when I got it but I'm happy with how it turned out. I have one molex connector to add and then I'm ready to play some games and really get everything fine tuned.

E24232D2-C0C1-4B45-84F4-451E5BC9B0CE (resized).jpegE24232D2-C0C1-4B45-84F4-451E5BC9B0CE (resized).jpeg
#4153 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

[quoted image]
This one seems best one if you ask me....

I agree! I'd love a PM from anyone who knows how I can get a hold of this. I have access to a chip burner.

It'll look nicer with an awesome crane mod!

#4158 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

It was installed when I Bought the pin. I'll check if the previous owner knows the origin or where to buy...

Someone get this person a chip reader, stat!

#4169 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I’d toss you $20 to get a eprom programmer, If there’s few more out there willing to chip in you could get a gq-4x (~$100) I’ve seen some cheaper stuff but dunno if they’ll actually work.

If we can get them one I’d be down for $20.

1 week later
#4176 2 years ago

Had to post a couple more pictures of my Dredd now that my crane mod from Davi is installed.
This is an amazingly professional mod. It fits like a glove and is just gorgeous. Install was a breeze and it emulates what is on the original plastic perfectly. On top of that Davi was extremely patient with my impatience to get my crane in the post. Can’t recommend highly enough.

33826FE5-2CCD-4C7F-B695-F72CB8AC786F (resized).jpeg33826FE5-2CCD-4C7F-B695-F72CB8AC786F (resized).jpegA6C476CB-65D4-497D-8658-0D0634E567DB (resized).jpegA6C476CB-65D4-497D-8658-0D0634E567DB (resized).jpeg
#4178 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

where did you get the clear deadworld disc?

I made it. I’m trying out one with engraved meteors to orbit along with the locked balls but I’m not sold yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 85.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reallifepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=reallifepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.