IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nosro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

Aftermarket topper from Illinois Pinball, ...

I'll bet that would match brass legs nicely.

#159 10 years ago

For what it is worth, I recently upgraded the cabinet speaker in my JD. I've previously used Flipper Fidelity in a different machine - they are awesome, but I think I can get 75% of the upgrade at 25% of the cost.

My prescription for cheap bass:
1) A 6.5 car woofer. I have tried three different ones, and I found that this matches the DCS sound system (which is capable of some decent deep bass) nicely: http://www.amazon.com/Lanzar-VW64-Watts-6-5-Inch-Subwoofer/dp/B001JI6FFG/ref=sr_1_2
2) An L-pad wired into the backbox speakers allows you to attenuate the backbox speakers, thus increasing the relative volume of the cabinet (bass) speaker: http://www.amazon.com/L-Pad-50W-Mono-Rated-Shaft/dp/B0002KR1EQ/ref=sr_1_1

5 months later
#189 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

... I have 3 optos that are out and I was wondering if the L1AT rom could have anything to do with it.

L1AT can not cause an opto problem, but L1AT does make the machine more sensitive to opto problems. Many people (including me) have opto problems that were never noticed or diagnosed until they installed L1AT. (You can reinstall L7 and probably confirm that the opto still doesn't work.)

L1AT also seems to be more sensitive in setting switch problems. For example, if you do not hit a switch after many games, the logic sets that switch as potentially faulty. Because I suck, I am always setting the fault for the third captive ball switch with L1AT, but L7 seems to let the switch go untripped for longer before setting the fault.

#218 10 years ago

LED OCD doesn't handle the GI lighting (at least not yet). The only solution I am aware of is to use incandescent or disable dimming, as you already noted.

2 weeks later
#258 10 years ago

Wow. Was there anything in particular that you scored particularly well on? (Did you bang out a few hundred million on the ultimate challenge or anything like that?)

#261 10 years ago

Has anyone else noticed this:

Any multi-ball before achieving the Ultimate Challenge results in a normal 4-ball mode with a brief ball saver. However, once Ultimate Challenge is completed, starting a multi-ball results in an endless ball saver mode.

I'm not sure if this is a bug with L1AT, but it certainly doesn't seem like an opto problem. (I have never had an endless ball saver with any multiball prior to completing the Ultimate Challenge, but any multiball after UC has always resulted in an endless ball saver.)

2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#292 10 years ago

I used Cointaker non-ghosting LED's for the inserts and they worked fine.

The new Pinball Life LED's are also non-ghosting.

#303 10 years ago

Q1 - be sure to check that your flipper end of travel switch works correctly. It's possible that it is not working and thus causing your coil to get overly hot, especially if you tend to hold the flipper up.

2 months later
#403 9 years ago

I installed the Deadworld mod and had great difficulty getting the crane to move consistently. Then I installed teflon tape (see link below) and the crane became 100% reliable. After I made this mod and dialed in the crane, it never missed a ball in approximately 4 months of play. Personally, I like the Deadworld mod because there is nothing else like it and I personally hate virtual locks.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-mod-to-make-crane-lift-much-smoother-and-consistent

2 months later
#444 9 years ago

The diverter should divert the third ball shot through the ramp.

1 month later
#479 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Also can't remember offhand if there are dimming effects on the GI...because often people will just leave standard bulbs for the GI to accommodate.
Thanks!

The "Blackout" mode does use GI dimming effects. Therefore you have two choices:
1) Stick with incandescent bulbs
2) Use LED's, but turn off GI dimming in the menu.

2 months later
#538 9 years ago

You should check all your optos. My JD with Deadworld mod never behaved that way including the times a weak shot caused the ball to go to the Deadworld. It seems your machine doesn't think a ball is on the ring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nosro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=nosro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.