IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider murphelman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2306 6 years ago

Excited to join this group. Drove 11 hours in total to pick up mine but was worth the road trip for sure.

20170910_150007 (resized).jpg20170910_150007 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2365 6 years ago
Quoted from ritch12345:

I play Dreed everyday lately. I have had it for years. Can anyone make the captive ball shot and get the third ball to hit switch 68? I think this is the hardest shot in the game to make.

It definitely is a hard shot to make. If find it easier when you use the momentum of the inlane. Much harder shot when you try after holding the ball with the flipper.

That 2X bonus is really nice when you have a lot of modes completed during that ball.

Very dangerous shot though. I have lost countless balls trying to get that double bonus.

#2376 6 years ago
Quoted from lachied:

Got an issue with my JD.
Seems my solenoids #9 -#16 are not working - verified in Solenoid Test menu. I swapped fuses F104 with F105. I've buzzed out the wire that goes from J107-2 connector back to the trough eject coil (which is part of that group and easiest to access Purple-Orange Wire). Also buzzed out the other wire from the same coil (Brown-Green) back to J127.
Any other thoughts what to check, what it might be?

I ran I to a similar issue last night. In the middle of the game my Sniper tower coil wouldnt kick the ball out. when that happened, the drop target, Knocker, and shooter lane coils stopped working at the same time. I noticed a fuse had blown a 3A SB (fuse105). Turned off game and replaced the fuse with same rating and as soon as I started the game the fuse blew again.

I think they are coils #1-8 on J107 connector

That leads me to think I may have blown a transistor or more? Been at work so haven't been able to investigate further but am I on to something regarding possible transistors being blown? Fuse blowing on start up tends to be a bad sign that you may have shorted components on the board. Hoping not. Any other possibilities?

#2378 6 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

First check to see if you have a coil locking on when the game is powered up. That will narrow down which transistor is likely the issue. Here's info on which transistors are for which coils.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Bally_Judge_Dredd_Tech_Chart.pdf

There didn't appear to be any coil lock up when I checked yesterday. I will check again to see after work.

1 week later
#2389 6 years ago

Trying to figure out what's going on with my Judge Dredd. Playing the game and when I got the sniper tower it wouldnt kick the ball out. seems I shorted fuse F105 which was for coils 1-8.

changed fuse and when turned on the machine fuse blew right away.

checked the drive transistors on the board for all the coils and they all seemed ok when checked with a DMM.

replaced fuse and pulled J130 connector for the coils and fuse still blew. Reconnected J130 and pulled J127 and fuse still blew.

Pulled J107 and turned machine on and fuse did not blow.

I am confused and don't know what to check next. Transistors seemed ok. J107 seems to point to right and left VUK.

I tested drive and pre drive transistors and they all seem ok.

I'm still fairly new to this so trying to figure out next step.

Did notice resistor R260 didn't test the same both ways. Is that wrong? shouldn't it test the same no matter which way it's tested with DMM.

could that be it?

FB_IMG_1509808816387 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1509808816387 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#2454 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Are they separate parts or only a package? Because I NEED one of those plastics.

Ibwould love the decals if you do separate them. Might need a couple plastics too.

2 months later
#2629 6 years ago

Love this and Anthrax. Where did you get it? That is a cool looking record.

6 months later
#2845 5 years ago
Quoted from node:

I found some decent resolution wiring photos and it looks like that green/white wired plug is indeed meant to be unplugged. https://www.flickr.com/photos/61565401@N08/with/8566778169/
Sadly I still can't tell for sure if the brown wire I've got loose should be soldered onto the diverter solenoid. I'm 99% sure by process of elimination, but if anyone can check their Dredd when they get a chance I'd really appreciate it.

According to the manual it should be a brown/orange wire.

2 weeks later
#2856 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Thinking about joining club Dredd. However, I have small kids. Is there any swearing or anything that could be considered remotely scary on this game?

There is no Swearing but there could be some things that are questionable depending on how strict you are. I have the game and my 11 and 9 year old play it. I don't really have an issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider murphelman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=murphelman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.