IMG_1882 (resized).JPG
IMG_1879 (resized).JPG
IMG_1880 (resized).JPG
IMG_1881 (resized).JPG
IMG_4885 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4884 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4883 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1381 7 years ago

Just entered the club, but it will be a few months before I can play.

As far as the alternate translite, from what I understand, it was created as a one-off but later 'taken' by ministryofpinball to sell. The version for sale doesn't have the same quality as the original alternate version. I bought the game with the original alternate version, so I'll report back.

Anyway, looking forward to getting JD setup and rockin.

3 months later
#1614 7 years ago

Looking forward to playing JD next month. I bought one while I was gone and it's been tucked safely away in my garage. I have LED OCD, some new plastics, black powdercoated legs, and some other stuff waiting.

Going to try to flame polish the ramps while I'm at it.

#1616 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I've had excellent results with flame polishing.
However, I've not done it with my Dredd because the ramps are really hard to replace (if something goes wrong) I'm a Scaredy–cat in this situation.
Show pics!

Will do. The ramps are available, but uber-expensive. Maybe Freeplay40 will take pity on Dredd owners at some point.

#1619 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Ooh, I should bug him, I could use some new ramps and live close by, mine could be used for molding and testing.

You're on it!

1 month later
#1685 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

just fyi ... we have found some more of Eagle toppers - both in the unfinished 'mustard' color as well as some of the Brite Gold plated finish. Additionally, we had just run the Eagle topper bracket ... all are on the PPS store. Thanks.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-8936-GLD
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-01-11964
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-8936

Cool, bracket ordered!

1 month later
#1793 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Anybody do a color lcd in there Jd ,I have been thinking about it.

It's a must have. I had Color DMD on AC/DC and wasn't thrilled. JD, on the other hand, is fantastic.

#1795 7 years ago

JD before and after the lexan playfield protector. I had to trim a small section by the standup targets but other than that it looks great.

IMG_1409 (resized).JPGIMG_1409 (resized).JPG

IMG_1410 (resized).JPGIMG_1410 (resized).JPG

#1806 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

yeah, i see, but i'm wondering about the mounting hardware (screws, etc.).

I just used off the shelf self-taping screws. Worked like a champ. The top bolts should already be in your game, but can be purchased through Marco.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1849 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Somebody in Finland re-recorded the JD theme music and it rocks! Check it out....
http://tiltforums.com/t/re-orchestration-of-judge-dredd-music/2241

Rad! Thanks for the heads up, that may cost me $350 for a PinSound board.

#1866 7 years ago

Finished installing the lexan playfield protector. Bottom line, it looks and plays great. Time will tell if I need to adjust anything.

Once everything was reassembled, the Air Raid ramp was getting a stuck ball and my drop targets were going apeshit. Fixed the ramp with 2 washers, and I had to reassemble the drop target again to fix the springs.

Added new rubbers, Cliffy, mirror blades, and tons of other stuff while I was under the hood.

Once everything was fixed, of course the trough opto board died. Pinballlife to the rescue!

#1870 7 years ago

Yeah, I really need plastics, but I wasn't impressed with the repro shooter plastic. It's already flaking. Any CPR rumors?

#1872 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

So you got a repro plastic from pinballcenter already and it is flaking?

I should have been more clear. I purchased a repro shooter plastic from eBay. Not sure of the manufacturer or if it was just a small run. I certainly wasn't expecting perfection, but I didn't expect the art to chip so early.

I can't speak to the quality of pinballcenter's plastics.

2 months later
#2025 7 years ago

I have the Deadworld mod with a Switch 61 error. I heard it has to do with the ROM version... Does anyone else have this error? The error does not affect gameplay.

#2029 7 years ago
Quoted from shielded:

Hey everyone, new JD owner here (I actually bought allsportdvd's pin a few weeks back). I've got an issue with the drop target assembly. It's quite loose but I can see anywhere to tighten it. I took a quick video of what I mean:
» YouTube video
The left and the right drop targets seem to stay down sometimes because they are no longer pulled upwards by the assembly. The targets actually come off the assembly "hooks" and just stay down permanently.
I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to working on these as it's only my second pin so I was hoping for some advice on how I might rectify this issue. Thanks heaps!

I had some issues with drop targets that wouldn't reset so I just rebuilt the whole mech. All of the parts are available from pinballlife and inexpensive. The plastic gets beat up over time and won't catch on the lip. About 20 min to remove the mech, 20 min to disassemble, 20 min to rebuild, and another 20 to reinstall.

Voice of experience: check the parts numbers in the manual! Don't eyeball it, because then you'll put everything together and realize you got the wrong spring...

#2033 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Yep. Samething here. Switch61 is under the deadworld. Don't know what to do

Okay, that's what I thought. No game issues, but the credit dot is annoying.

#2035 7 years ago

I found this...let me know if you give it a try ...
Problem solved!
I removed the Opto PCB in the Planet assembly, thinking there might be a problem with one of the optos. Once removed, I find a whole lot of black dust all over the PCB, so I pull out the trusty toothbrush and give the board a good sweep (including the optos). It turns out that the opto sensors for Switch 61 were caked in dust, so I gave both sensors a good clean out, re-positioned the PCB and ran the Switch Test. Judge Dredd is no longer reporting an error with Switch 61, and there is no dot on the DMD :023:

Good find! I'll give it a try.

1 week later
#2050 7 years ago

I found this...let me know if you give it a try ...
Problem solved!
I removed the Opto PCB in the Planet assembly, thinking there might be a problem with one of the optos. Once removed, I find a whole lot of black dust all over the PCB, so I pull out the trusty toothbrush and give the board a good sweep (including the optos). It turns out that the opto sensors for Switch 61 were caked in dust, so I gave both sensors a good clean out, re-positioned the PCB and ran the Switch Test. Judge Dredd is no longer reporting an error with Switch 61, and there is no dot on the DMD :023:

That was it! Thanks for the fix... $.03 in Q-Tips and alcohol cleaned the black dust. No more credit dot!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=mudflaps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.