IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miknan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#312 10 years ago

My poor JD needs some work. It was my first pin when I knew nothing at all about repair and maintenance. I've been force fed the repair part and now JD is playing good, but the game is very dirty. When I wipe my finger on the pf or a ramp it comes away with dirt on it. So I've been reading a lot on here about cleaning products and mostly people use Novus. Would this be the best for the diamond pf or should I use something like Simple Green? Originally I was going to just use a rag and clean around things but more and more I'm thinking of clearing the playfield. I'm not the most handy handy guy in the world so I'm a little afraid that I won't put the playfield back together correctly. Plus, I have some broken plastics that maybe will break more. This game doesn't look the easiest to take apart. I was also thinking of putting in LEDs. It looks kind of dark and gloomy next to my other pins. Would it be easier to just clean and led it out at the same time? Thx.

#315 10 years ago

Any thoughts on different led kits? I'm looking at the one at Cointaker and another from Pinballbulbs. The one at Pbb really changes the look of the game.... So bright....I'm tempted...

#325 10 years ago

Awesome looking machine dfsays. Thx for sharing the pics.

#327 10 years ago

Is this the proper forum for JD problems or should I post a new thread on the tech forum. I was just thinking we all might be having similar problems.

1 month later
#366 9 years ago

Looks great Skywalker.

8 months later
#589 9 years ago

My JD is getting close to being exactly how I want it. My crane picks up the ball ok but doesn't swing left quite far enough. Ends up dropping it right on the edge of the ramp. Do the adjustments in the menu adjust this? Not quite sure how to adjust this.

1 week later
#608 9 years ago

Been doing a lot of work on my JD including adding a led kit from Pinballbulbs. I love it more than ever with the LEDs. Before I started I didn't know the difference between the different bulbs, flashers, etc. Its been a great learning experience. One thing is, I don't really like led flashers all the time. I replaced the center led under the globe with a regular bulb flasher and like it way better. I was disappointed with the red and blue flashers under the pursuit plastic. I like the color but it just doesn't really stand out during pursuit mode. I think the old bulb flashers stand out more. Would a better, more powerful LED stand out more? Any recommendation which ones? Thx.

#609 9 years ago

Would something like this work or would it be too long and stick out from the plastic?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#611 9 years ago

Rob, you happy with the 5? My kit had fives and when flashing it wasn't all that noticeable because the rest of the machine is so bright. I'm kind of surprised a plain old bulb flasher stands out more

#614 9 years ago

My finished LED'd JD with the LED kit from Pinballbulbs. I absolutely love love love it. Pictures don't do it justice. In fact, this picture sucks. The LED strip along the right ramp was suppose to go along the wire ramps but I liked it better here. I did put a regular bulb flasher back in the center dome and under the pursuit plastics. I'd rather have red and blue LEDs but the ones I had didn't pop enough for me. The red shooter strip was put in by fellow Pinsider Rock914, of Rock Custom Pinball, who was nice enough to also clean up and wax some of the playfield for me. Thanks Chris! The machine is working perfect but the crane is a bit off which has prevented me from adding the Deadworld mod but that will be my next project.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#619 9 years ago

If my crane drops the ball 4 out of 5 times perfectly but the fifth time it misses and it rolls off the front of the DW, would I be foolish to add the DW mod? I just can't get my crane to work perfectly every single time.

#629 9 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

Is there anyway to replace the bulb under the stakeout ramp without removing all the ramps? Seems impossible to access

I think that's the only bulb I didn't replace. Bugs me but oh well.

#644 9 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

No they are still inside. A huge upgrade imo.

They look great. Thanks for sharing the video. I definitely want to get some myself. What leds did you use? Cointaker?

#649 9 years ago

Probably been talked about to death and I've read all I can but I still don't get the crane adjustment.
I think I may have made it worse messing with it. T15 says line up the ball under the crane. I assume you do that loosening the screws in the colored ring that has some play. I have mine all the way to one end and it still isn't exactly under the magnet. Then it says to lower the magnet vertically on top of the ball. How do you do that? I probably should have just left well enough alone but damnit I want the DW mod.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-63.jpgimage-63.jpg image-13.jpgimage-13.jpg
#650 9 years ago

Playing around with it more, the biggest problem is the crane hangs on to the ball too long. Doesn't drop it until it's on its way back toward the DW. Once, it didn't drop it ATT all. The ball just hung on the magnet. It never did that before.

1 month later
#721 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I rebuilt my JUDGE drop target assembly probably a year ago and several are sticking already. Only one really drops like it should and the others seem sticky with the D being the worst. Do I need to rebuild this unit again? I suppose the targets just get dirty, so maybe just clean it? What all have you guys done to ensure a good working assembly? Thanks!

Anybody have some advice on this subject? Mine is sticking and the whole assembly is grimy. After dissembley and cleaning do you put anything on the targets at all. My brother keeps telling me I need a dry silicone spray but it seems I've read on here not to use anything. Any advice?

9 months later
#1119 8 years ago
Quoted from Floyd:

Hey Everyone, I'm looking at adding LED's to my Dredd. I know it was probably already discussed long ago on here, but I'm not about to search thru 23 pages!! Anyway, I'm not looking at getting a LED kit, but I really like the look of the pinbulbs kit (kinda has a purple glow). I'm not planning to be LED the backbox and will most likely limit the GI's as well, but all inserts will be LED. I would appreciate any suggestions or good ideas and also what bulbs you recommend?? I also really like the look of the LED strips along the back and near the flippers. Thanks!

I used Pinballbulbs kit and I thought it turned out great. Mine didn't look as purplish as the pictures showed. I was very pleased.

#1120 8 years ago

I just ordered the color dmd but on their website it says I need L7. I have L6. Is this a problem? Is it something I can flash myself or do I need to buy a new ROM?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 85.00
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miknan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=miknan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.