IMG_1882 (resized).JPG
IMG_1879 (resized).JPG
IMG_1880 (resized).JPG
IMG_1881 (resized).JPG
IMG_4885 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4884 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4883 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harrumph.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4221 2 years ago

Does anyone have any tips for removing the planet motor and gears from the playfield? I need to send mine off to be rebuilt by Steve at PBR, and it would be good to know if there's anything to watch out for on the disassembly.

#4222 2 years ago
Quoted from Harrumph:

Does anyone have any tips for removing the planet motor and gears from the playfield? I need to send mine off to be rebuilt by Steve at PBR, and it would be good to know if there's anything to watch out for on the disassembly.

Okay, assembly is out, but I'm not sure how the bottom of the planet and the bracket assembly come off. Is there a hidden molex connector in the shaft that I need to pull out to remove the light board, or am I missing something?

20211221_210033 (resized).jpg20211221_210033 (resized).jpg
#4224 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Refer you to my post #1999 (2nd last post on Page 40) shows you how to remove the lower half of the planet and all the extras.

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed to know. Looks like it's time to break out the soldering iron...

4 weeks later
#4267 2 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Can't seem to find where to purchase this ROM (L-1D)...

I'm curious as well, do we need to message KoP if we're in the states? And is it worth upgrading if I've already got L1AT installed?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#4282 2 years ago

I'm having issues with one of the Dredd optical sensors, the upper right one for the left ramp. It's randomly firing off despite being cleaned repeatedly and causing the ball locks and chain events to trigger. None of the others are having issues, so I don't think it's the board.

Is there anything I should be checking before ordering a replacement set of sensors? My best guess is that the IR emitter is going out or blinking for some reason.

Thanks!

Added over 2 years ago:

Edit: Did some more testing, I can't get it to act up in switch testing mode at all. It only does this during gameplay, and the fact that this board had battery damage that was repaired is making me nervous.

Added over 2 years ago:

Further weirdness ensues, however I was able to catch it acting up again in switch testing mode. It seems to do it once an hour or so, very intermittent and very annoying.

#4284 2 years ago

Thanks, I'll check that next. I have a new set of optos on order, so hopefully one or the other will fix things.

1 week later
#4286 2 years ago

Hooray, my Dredd is fully working again! Looks like the trouble was a bad opto set. Replaced them and no more crazy firing of the left ramp, only tricky part was getting the ramp off to work on it.

1 week later
#4291 2 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

When your game goes into a ball search, do you automatically get a new ball in the shooter lane and it gets fired out? Never seen this before but maybe it’s just specific to this game.
Also, with the deadworld mod, are balls supposed to be cleared out when the game is over? This game does not do that, but when you turn the game on if there are balls locked it will clear them before allowing you to start a game. Just wondering if this is normal as most games I’ve played with physical ball locks clear them out once the game in play has ended.

I don't think it automatically kicks out a new ball for ball search, at least on mine it doesn't. I've had the ball get stuck in the subway trough before I leveled it properly, and it would just keep kicking looking for the ball.

The balls do stay on Deadworld with the mod installed, it remembers how many are on there and does a virtual lock until it gets to an open spot. It will clear them out if you restart the machine, but I prefer to just run a super game as a more fun method to clear it.

4 weeks later
#4302 2 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Just joined the club. The machine is in real nice shape with no Tech alerts. It seems to play well so far. It does have the Dead World Mod. My first question is on this I was able to lock two balls on the World, but not the 3rd during play. The game did not drop the balls after the game, and when I started another game the two balls stayed on the ring. The game did not do a ball search. Is this normal for the Dead World Mod?? I am going to do a complete topside teardown for a clean and wax, change all rubbers, balls. Any suggestions on any other tweaks??

That's normal behavior for the Deadworld mod, it remembers that the balls are there between games. If you turn it off and back on, it will do a ball search when you hit start and retrieve the two that were locked. If it bugs you just enable the extra ball purchase and use that to clear it out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens
Toppers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harrumph.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=harrumph and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.