IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#184 10 years ago

Looks like I will be joining the club tomorrow I know it has the stripped gears on the deadworld, so it priced accordingly. I am confident I can fix it though after reading about it.

I am excited

#185 10 years ago

..aaaaand here it is! Aside from the broken deadworld, it is in excellent working condition. No fade on the cab and eagle topper Also got it for a great price, which always helps.

I look forward to fixing it, shopping it and LEDing it out. Also the ramps are all perfect and intact. Hard to believe it was on location.

20140111_170015.jpg20140111_170015.jpg
#193 10 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

Anyone out there know where a guy can get the 4 dark judges flipper bat caps? My google-fu hasn't yielded any results.

Does anybody have a picture of what these look like?

Also, does anybody have any pictures of a Dredd with side mirrors installed?

#200 10 years ago

Those are very cool. With all of the 3D printers out there, you would think somebody could make a set of these you could paint yourself.

Also, those side graphics are really cool, but I am going to go with side mirrors I think to help with lighting.

#205 10 years ago

Can somebody give me a bit of information on the Deadworld mod. I know the one you buy from Pinbits is set to Free Play only, but I know of some location machines that have the mod. Is the only way to have a pay to play option with the Deadworld mod to use the original prototype roms and find one of the original mod replacement boards?

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I believe so. I had a Dredd with the early mod board, and it worked flawlessly. Not sure how easy they are to find. I have the Pinbits mod in my current one, and it works just as well, but as you said it is free play only.

I guess I will have to do some digging. I would really like to have the deadworld mod, but I do plan to eventually rotate in at my location and would hate to have to swap it out. Can you leave the modded disc in with the old rom?

#212 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes you can. As a matter of fact I left the old rom in mine for a while after installing the disc just to make sure everything else was good before changing it out. It worked like a charm.

That sounds good, I may go ahead and keep it and just throw the old rom in when I rotate it in on location. Thanks for the info.

#214 10 years ago

Good deal. My dad got my deadworld gears fixed yesterday and it all works as it should, so I am excited to start shopping it out and installing some mods

#219 10 years ago

I guess the LEDOCD guy is working on a GIOCD as well. I am not sure that would do it or not.

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcadedl:

What do other JD owners think of the Crane cover mod on Ebay? I had bought a NOS crane plastic (the angled rectangular plastic that goes over the crane) and I'm thinking about one vs. the other.
Dan

I ordered one, it has to be better than the plastic box.

#225 10 years ago

What is everybody's opinion on the leg color for JD? The legs on mine, like many others are no longer in very good shape with the gold anodizing being worn off in many spots. Plating is just insanely expensive. Would it be better to just use regular chrome legs or get them powdercoated a shiny gold color?

I am not a fan of the red legs.

#227 10 years ago

Also, completely converting JD over to LED's is a daunting task considering I am up over 200 bulbs so far on my count.

#236 10 years ago

Good news! The deadworld gearbox is fixed and everything is fully working now!! Thanks to my dad for fixing the gears for me. Now I can start shopping it out and putting in the LED's!

#238 10 years ago

You answered that pretty quickly before I deleted my comment I noticed I had left that bottom bracket off just after I typed that.

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

I actually prefer all white in the backbox. This preserves the colours of the original artwork. Coloured bulbs just don't appeal to me because they actually change the colouration of the artwork away from what the artist intended. Just my preference.

ditto

#244 10 years ago

Looks good but I personally use warm white instead of yellow and orange in inserts as it always looks better and brighter IMO. Yellow LED's are crap and always dim. I wish I would have had your layout sheet when i was doing mine last night

I was excited to get mine ordered until I looked at my cart and it was over $200

#247 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

Apparently the trick with color matching yellow inserts is to use pink LEDs (crazy sounding I know.)
For the Crime Scene inserts I prefer using warm white with the yellow condoms.
viperrwk

I do not like pink in yellow inserts, it gives them a weird tinge. I see how they can work, but I think warm white looks much better and more natural.

#248 10 years ago

I installed the crane mod last night and it looks great! I definite improvement IMO. Very easy to install and plug and play. Can't beat it.

#252 10 years ago

Couple pics of the crane installed

20140116_190340.jpg20140116_190340.jpg 20140116_190330.jpg20140116_190330.jpg
#254 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Are you missing the plastic on the top? Or did you decide against it?

It is in there, but I flipped it over. I thought it was just too much yellow and black striping.

#256 10 years ago

Has anybody tried the DMD extender mod on a JD yet to get a kind of colorDMD going? I saw a video today of that running on a WCS and it is pretty cool.

#257 10 years ago

I just broke the 2 billion point mark on a three ball game with factory settings. It was actually my first time breaking a billion. Nice when things go right for a change

#259 10 years ago

did get almost 200 mil on the UC, but the most points came from the 3rd time through multiball. I hit every jackpot and then hit all of the crime scene jackpots.

1 week later
#264 10 years ago

Ya, that happened to me with the L7 roms. I haven't been able to replicate it, although I think mine was the third time I went through multiball.

On a side note, I finally got around to photographing that box of spare parts I have. I would like to just sell these as a lot. Some usable stuff except for the blackout ramp, it is beyond repair IMO. Most everything else, while not perfect could be used if needed. Feel free to make me an offer on all of it. I don't want to part it out.

https://plus.google.com/photos/105723108316354238346/albums/5976752923489278033

#270 10 years ago

The diverter shouldn't be engaged while a mode is running unless it is locking a ball towards multiball. If that is the case you can just launch another ball quickly.

1 month later
#304 10 years ago

Q2 - if the locks are lit (deadworld is spinning) it will always supersede the modes if you hit it 3 times. Seeing you have the deadworld mod, it will divert the three balls. Best time to do pursuit or manhunt is when the locks aren't lit. You can change the modes during play by using the left launch button. So, if the locks are lit you can cycle to modes to not include those two.

#308 10 years ago

I have a pretty decent EXTRA Air Raid ramp with one tiny crack by the underneath mounting hole that goes through the flap on the entrance. Shouldn't affect anything. If anybody is interested.

#320 10 years ago

Ya, definitely not original.

3 weeks later
#351 10 years ago

I had some issues with the air raid ramp so I put a couple of washers on the top where it connects to the ramp above it. That fixed it for me.

2 weeks later
#356 10 years ago

So I have been reading the old Dredd comics lately for another project I am working on and it has made me appreciate the game that much more They really hit the nail on the head with the theme implementation.

#358 10 years ago

Xmen was based on the comic only I think.....could be wrong though.

3 weeks later
#397 9 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

This is different to the behaviour on my machine. When I turn on my machine, and balls are sitting locked in Deadworld, nothing happens. However, when I press the start button the machine recognises that the trough is not full and starts to unload Deadworld. Once that is completed, and all balls are in the trough, I have to press the start button again to get a game going. Rom is L1-AT.

That is how mine behaves as well. I was having some issues with the game ending multiball with two balls left in play so I bought the GLM boards. Hopefully they will cure this but I don't have my hopes up.

1 week later
#416 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My buddy actually has his in a comic shop in MO, been there for a few months.

Well....almost. It is in a boardgame/miniatures/CCG store where a lot of comic book readers hang out........so it is like one degree removed from being in a comic book shop

#421 9 years ago

An option without lights would be cool.

2 weeks later
2 months later
#463 9 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Pursuit plastics are desperately needed, please do! There are flashers underneath that light up like police lights during certain modes in the game.

My brother made me a set for mine. PPS still sells the decal. He might be able to make another set for the right price, I would have to ask him. They were tricky to make but they turned out good IMO>

1 week later
#490 9 years ago

IMO Dredd needs spots bad. I added 7 spots to mine and a led strip in the back, much better now 2 on each sling, one by the upper left flipper pointing towards the orbit and two up by the upper right flipper shining on the air raid entry area.

#492 9 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've got 3 so far (one on each sling and one pointing towards the meltdown towers). Can you please post a pic of the placements on your machine?

Sure, and a before pic for good measure

194501.jpg194501.jpg 194503.jpg194503.jpg 194505.jpg194505.jpg 194506.jpg194506.jpg 194508.jpg194508.jpg
2 weeks later
#506 9 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Okay! So that's what I had understood!
Well, I really don't know why it was made this way!
Can't figure out how you can lock a ball on purpose...
Thanks for the info anyway!

What, you mean yours never diverts the ball to the deadworld? The first two locks are always virtual locks and then the third shot to the ramp should divert it to the deadworld and start multiball. Also in the SuperGame one of the modes diverts nearly every ramp shot to the deadworld.

3 months later
#569 9 years ago
Quoted from Sniperone:

Does anyone have a good led plan for me to use as a starter. A nice xcell file of the lamp number and type used etc. thanks in advance

I will look and see if I have one for mine.

#573 9 years ago
Quoted from Sniperone:

The rub is that there will be nice LED displays ready soon for $300 or so and they will be awesome too.

Can you elaborate? Are you talking about the SmartDMD?

#574 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

If you don't feel that it will add value when you go to sell the games, rip it out and save it for another game.

Agreed, easy enough to keep your old DMD to put back in when you sell the game.

#581 9 years ago

I need to order a set of brass legs for mine.

2 weeks later
#628 9 years ago

I don't think so since it sits on top of the play field if I remember correctly.

3 weeks later
#670 9 years ago

They don't happen on L7 either. Must have never been implemented. There are only a couple of modes where the question mark target does something except add more time or award points.

1 week later
#680 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So, anybody here get the color dmd for JD yet and what do you think? $400 bones is a big chunk of change for this not so expensive A list game. Don't know if I'll actually be able to enjoy the dots while I'm playing, but can always watch while others play. Just curious if you think this is a justifiable addition. Thanks!

I think it is worth it but I am biased Remember, if you ever sell the game or get another game that ColorDMD supports, you can just move the display to a new game.

#690 9 years ago

What is it with people owning JD and ACDC? I thought I was the only one. If I had to choose only one to put the ColorDMD in, it would be Dredd as it just suits the game so well. That said, I think ACDC turned out really good and people that come over and see it in person have really liked it.

#694 9 years ago

I don't have any pics to compare, but I actually prefer hires for Dredd.

#699 9 years ago

Yup it will turn whatever color you have in it.

#708 9 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

May just be timing out after not being hit during multiple plays. It's not an easy shot for me!

Most likely this. I get a trough switch 86 credit dot on my location machine quite often. That comes from not getting a 6 ball multiball for a long stretch. I just start a super game and get a 6 ball going and it clears it every time.

#713 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I have a set on mine. They are awesome.

IMG_8405_zps307d1b42.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_8406_zps1bd6c578.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_8407_zps828c0487.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Looks awesome. How do you go about trimming the decals after you install them? I like the back line on the edges.

8 months later
#1033 8 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

bump for chip question if the deadworld chip has anything to do with the L7 chip or need both for separate things.

Deadworld only works with the prototype rom. The differences between L6 and L7 are subtle and I can't tell you any of the changes off the top of my head. I build the color rom for the ColorDMD using the L7 roms though. The only thing that would cause a problem is if an animation were slightly different or something that would cause it to become uncolored. It isn't going to hurt anything, but having the L7 rom is the best way to make sure all of the ColorDMD rom info is working properly.

#1039 8 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

Im not understand your answer gov, are you saying I should upgrade to L7 to run the color DMD and also can get the deadworld mod and in wont effect each other?

No, you can't run the L7 rom with the deadworld mod. The deadworld mod requires the use of the prototype rom, I am not even sure what the version number is on it.

The colordmd will work with the deadworld mod rom, but I can't guarantee that it is 100% compatible, some of the animations may come across as uncolored. There are people that are running the deadworld mod with a ColorDMD, maybe they could chime in and let you know how it works.

#1046 8 years ago

Highly recommend the Mondo stuff. It is super limited and will be gone pretty quickly. JD is not a universally popular subject like Star Wars or the Marvel stuff. Those usually sell out within fractions of a second. I just got an amazing Masters of the Universe poster from Mondo. The quality is stunning. Real screen prints that are works of art.

1 month later
#1144 8 years ago

The number of JD's out there that do not need that ramp can probably be counted on your fingers. Amazing it hasn't been reproduced.

1 week later
#1177 8 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I've added 3 spotlight lamps in mine to brighten the playfield. Am I weird?

I hat 7 in mine when I had it

#1190 8 years ago

I love Walter "I'M WALTER, TRY ME!"

3 months later
#1356 7 years ago

I think a bad bridge rectifier can cause that as well.

1 week later
#1379 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I have that alternate translite and I have to say, the quality of it is terrible. It seriously looks like a jpeg that's been blown up way bigger than it should be. Stay away from it.

That is exactly what it is.

3 months later
#1613 7 years ago

Coming back to this club on Sunday......I have missed it.

#1617 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Will do. The ramps are available, but uber-expensive. Maybe Freeplay40 will take pity on Dredd owners at some point.

We can hope.

#1628 7 years ago

...and we're back.

Will have to add some spotlights like last time....but looks and plays great.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1637 7 years ago

I want to say the Battle Tank was but I am not for sure. So many bizarre characters in the Dredd comics.

#1639 7 years ago

Oh right, that is what I was thinking of. I thought something similar was in the Cursed Earth arc.

#1641 7 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Anyone running color dmd with your deadworld mod? Just curious as color dmd says software required is L7. May splurge for the color display

Should still work.

4 weeks later
#1668 7 years ago

If the rings are slipping the gearbox needs to be rebuilt. I think pinballresource.com does this still. It is repairable if you have the means to do so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=gov and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.