IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2435 6 years ago
Quoted from Industen:

Close the coin door when you do the test.

No need to close the door. There are two switches that the coin door pushes closed, one of them is dented all the way around the top (see pic) - pull this one out and it closes the switch as if the door were closed, allowing for the solenoid and flasher tests. Bam! I learned this watching Ray's Tech Tips by GRC on YouTube. I learn something each episode, highly recommended!

https://www.youtube.com/user/GameroomCollectibles/

High Voltage Interlock Switch (resized).jpegHigh Voltage Interlock Switch (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#2487 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I personally use Energizer Lithium because the potential of leaking is very very low.

Ditto.

6 months later
#2819 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I would suggest turning the opacity down on the background a smidge so the text pops out. The image is very busy and maybe hard to read once installed.

Ditto. I don't use many of the custom cards because the text is so hard to read due to the text getting lost in the busy background.

1 month later
#2828 5 years ago

Looks great, and it's legible!

1 week later
#2831 5 years ago

It's readable and looks great!

1 month later
#2864 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Do you know what the button trick is to get that dog out on the sniper mode??!!

Hit the red button when the sniper hits the fence.

http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows&Easter.htm#J

#2872 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Dog came right on out and peed on him! Hahaha.
Awesome! Thanks again for that info!

You're welcome! I haven't done it on mine yet - actually haven't played mine yet! It is a re-import that either needs a new driver board or this one WAY fixed. Haven't decided yet, but I'm looking forward to playing it!

4 months later
#3011 5 years ago

@trumpy pictures show what appears to be factory mylar on the pf. Is this correct? I am cleaning one and mine has a patchwork of mylar pieces on the lower part of the playfield but there doesn't appear to be any on the rest of the pf. I plan on removing these because they have lifted in places and are collecting dirt. Since this machine is going to be home use now I don't plan on replacing the mylar but I will install Cliffy roll-over switch protectors.

IMG_5883 (resized).jpgIMG_5883 (resized).jpgIMG_5884 (resized).jpgIMG_5884 (resized).jpg

#3013 5 years ago

Hey trumpy , your response above was treated like a quote, can you make it so it's readable, please?

3 weeks later
#3044 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

JUST FINISHED MY NEW CABINET DECALS .
[quoted image]

Nice work. I have used the colored plastic cabinet protectors in the past and they wrinkled the decals. I now use the metal ones that hide beneath the leg, similar to what Stern uses. They are very easy to install and look nice and clean.

https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html

535-0599-00_300x184 (resized).jpg535-0599-00_300x184 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#3056 4 years ago

Cleaning and shopping my Dredd and have come to the planet assembly. The rings are easy enough to take apart but how do I pull the top half of the planet apart? I've tried squeezing and twisting but I don't want to force it. Any advice? I assume there are couple of snap-tabs?

#3059 4 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Just carefully unscrew it counter clockwise while holding the lower half in place

Quoted from gunstarhero:

but I bet someone glued it.

Thanks, guys. Yes, someone glued it. I was able to get it off in one piece with no damage, Assuming the glue filled in any fine threads that there are I will likely need to tack-glue it back in place.

#3060 4 years ago

Now to the next issue on this shop job - There are a total of 6 posts behind the JUDGE drops. The manual and all pictures I can find show only 4. I have 4 posts with rubber sleeves & 2 with double rings on them instead of only the double 1-1/2" rings between the 2 outer posts, which I will change. Does anyone else have the 6 posts? Here's a pic:

Dredd Drop Posts (resized).JPGDredd Drop Posts (resized).JPG

#3063 4 years ago

Thanks, PinRob & trumpy . Figured it was a hack. I never noticed the game shop-out gallery links, those will really help. Never enough photos.

1 month later
#3104 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

What is the best color ring for the deadworld mod?

I put in the stock fluorescent orange ring but am kinda wishing that I had gone with the fluorescent red one.

FYI, I worked for 2 evenings adjusting the Deadworld mech according to the guides out there and could never get it to work reliably. I had pretty much given up and decided to move on, so one last time I checked the height of the crane, re-tightened every nut, bolt, and screw in the mech then put it through the unload test and IT WORKED. Now after 3 days of non-stop play at the NW Pinball And Arcade Show this weekend I didn't see a lock or unload fail ONCE.

1 week later
#3110 4 years ago
Quoted from Baron_VonLoppnow:

Just picked up my first ever pin 4 days ago -- a JD of course! Lovin' it -- so many shots and digging the wide body flow. It plays awesome with zero issues. I also just got the dead world mod from pinbits, and it didn't come with any instructions. I did a quick search and couldn't find any decent instructions out there. Can anyone point me to some guidance? I have zero experience working on pins, but I'm also not a total idiot either. Thx!

Simply swap the disc you get for the one in the game, moving the stand-offs to the new ring. Install the new ROM, turn the game on and pray. Go to the crane/Dead World tests and tune if needed using this guide:

http://www.iobium.com/tuning_judge_dredd_for_the_locki.htm

I recommend first tightening everything up if it doesn't work right straight away.

#3120 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I just bought a plastic set from Pinball Center. Is that the low quality set mentioned before?

I bought a set of these repros for my Demolition Man from Bay Area Amusements and ended up using the originals on the slings since they have more color saturation and are up front and obvious, and put the new repros everywhere else. It turned out looking good and a bit brighter than the originals.

1 month later
#3140 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Next question is does anyone have any advice on cleaning the drop targets? Mine are a bit sticky on the way down. Do you add any lubrications?

Have you ever pulled the mech out and completely cleaned everything? There should be no lubrication on any part of it. As long as it is clean it should work smoothly and reliably.

#3145 4 years ago
Quoted from ragefactory:

Here a small video of my Dredd pinball:
- Self made cooling towers with led;
- Deadworld Mod
- Spotlight + full led conversion

Way cool cooling towers. What parts did you use?

2 months later
#3235 4 years ago
Quoted from SlowEssy:

Where does these plastics go?[quoted image]

Both are at the back of the playfield, the white one in the middle above the orbit wireform and the blue one under the Air Raid ramp to the right:

JD plastics location (resized).jpgJD plastics location (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=gogojohnnyquack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.