IMG_1882 (resized).JPG
IMG_1879 (resized).JPG
IMG_1880 (resized).JPG
IMG_1881 (resized).JPG
IMG_4885 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4884 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4883 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#988 8 years ago

Deadworld assembly, including gearbox, up on eBay (not my listing). Not sure how the pricing looks, and sounds like the gearbox needs repair, but thought I'd pass it on in case anyone's desperate for one.

ebay.com link: Judge Dredd Pinball Machine Deadworld Motor Gearbox Assembly

2 weeks later
#991 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm a little surprised World Cup Soccer is ahead of the Judge in the thread below.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-2500-90s-dmds-round-4/page/2#top

Agreed - BSD was bound to win that poll but is also $300+ more than the others. And Fishtales is very well loved too. But surprising to see WCS squeaking toward a third place finish. Maybe people heard JPop's recent claim that it took ten years to develop WCS!

1 week later
#996 8 years ago

As of this afternoon I'm in the club! Already loving this game.

New DreddNew Dredd

#997 8 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

New transparent custom rule cards with LED under lighting

These look cool! Are you willing to share your art files and process in printing them on transparent stock? Thanks!

EDIT: I see that they're probably from Pinball Center:
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-modding/illuminated-pinball-cards/192/judge-dredd-custom-card-transparent

#998 8 years ago

I'm looking for a few JD decal scans, please PM if you've got any of the following:

JD Blackout RampJD Blackout Ramp

the "Black Out Jackpot" and "Dredd's Spaceship" decals (I think these are part nos. 31-1795-3 and 31-1795-4)

JD Subway EntranceJD Subway Entrance

and the Subway Entrance decal (part no. 31-1793-4).

Thanks!

1 week later
#999 8 years ago

Does anyone have a confirmed-complete list of rings/post sleeves/bumpers for JD? Trying to put a Titan rings order together but I know manual counts/sizes can be off so thought I'd check if someone has a good list before I order.

[EDIT: hey look, if you answer this or my prior request you get to be the 1,000th post in this thread!]

1 week later
#1017 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just started playing Super Games this weekend and what a blast! I noticed that not every ball begins with 2-ball multiball as stated in the instructions. Anyone notice this?

Hmm ... I'm pretty sure each ball should start w/ 2 ball multi. Was just playing last night and that's how mine works. Then when you drain down to 1 ball (either from 2 ball or from 6 ball if you got that by hitting all of the drop targets) the game returns to "normal" mode until the next ball.

#1019 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yeah, I will have to play some more tonight. But realized later that each ball was supposed to begin with 2. Sometimes a second ball would kick out as if it was triggered by a shot I made. Maybe there are difficulty settings? Will check.

Could be a trough opto issue.

#1022 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

User failure. Root cause was 5 balls instead of 6 in the machine. One ball must've fallen out when I had lifted the playfield. But also found I was at v6, so I burned the v7 ROM. Problem solved, but was due to 5 balls installed.

Always nice when it's an easy fix. Should help your Supergame scores to get the two balls you're entitled to!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#1088 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is not your momma's pin!
losangeles.craigslist.org link

A nice looking machine but the ad left me wondering - is that my momma's pin?

1 week later
#1110 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Really would like to brighten up the back of the game like this. If you buy the LED strip, what do you plug into? I think a spot by each flipper that another person did would also help brighten things up. How do you mount the spots and can J just tie into an existing GI lamp class to each flipper? Thanks.

You could also try the new "Matrix" products from Comet Pinball. Haven't used them yet myself but they'll let you daisy-chain off of an existing socket w/o the need to solder.

http://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1871.htm

4 months later
#1388 7 years ago

I've got a detailed question re: pervasive insert lamp misbehavior on my Dredd, which I'm finally planning to tackle.

First I've got two lamps that are always on, both in game and test mode:

• 68 (Mystery)
  • 78 (Award Bad Impersonator)

Second, I've got a number of lamps that light when they're supposed to in test mode, but also improperly light when one or more other lamps is triggered:

• 18 (Perp 2 Crime Scene - Green): triggers on 11, 12, 13 and 14
  • 28 (Perp 5 Crime Scene - Green): triggers on 21, 23 and 24
  • 51 (Stake Out): triggers on 31, 61, 71
  • 52 (Safecracker): triggers on 12, 22,32, 42, 62, and 72 [e.g. anything on Row 2 triggers it]
  • 61 (Extra Ball x2): triggers on 31, 51 [note that 51 and 61 trigger each other]
  • 62 (Right Build Chain): triggers on 52
  • 63 (Tank Center): triggers on 33
  • 64 (Award Sniper): triggers on 34
  • 65 (Air Raid): triggers on 35
  • 66 (Build Up Chain): triggers on 36
  • 67 (Tank Left): triggers on 37

Third, the following lamps don't fire when slected in test mode:

• 18 (Perp Green 2) [BUT triggers when 11, 12, 13 and 14 are triggered]
  • 28 (Perp 5 Green) [BUT triggers when 21, 23 and 24 are triggered]
  • Super Game
  • 48 (Stop Meltdown Arrow) [bulb swap didn't help]
  • 53 (Pursuit)
  • 58 (Subway Combo)
  • 85 (Advance Crime Level)

Any thoughts on what my issue might be and how I should go about diagnosing and solving it would be highly appreciated.

[EDIT: I've created a separate TECH thread for this question as well, so if you have any wisdom to share feel free to share it here or there!: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-issues-with-lamp-matrix#post-3157238 ]

#1396 7 years ago

For purposes of troubleshooting my lamp matrix, I need to disconnect an LEDOCD board from my Dredd. To do so I need to reconstruct which cables go with which connectors on the power driver board. Does anyone have (or is anyone willing to take) a picture or two of the power driver board showing connections of cables on the lower right-hand corner of the power driver board (J130 - J138)? Thanks!

1 month later
#1430 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I just pulled a JD out of a day care

Odd choice of a pin for a daycare center, if I may say so.

#1432 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I just pulled a JD out of a day care

Quoted from fosaisu:

Odd choice of a pin for a daycare center, if I may say so.

Quoted from o-din:

I don't know man. When the kids get unruly....

Maybe "daycare find" is the new "barn find." But instead of rodent nests you have to worry about peas and carrots jammed in the coin returns.

4 years later
#3839 3 years ago

Planetary Pinball has authorized soren to move ahead with rom updates for B/W games, which is pretty awesome, Creature is already shipping:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades

A couple of people have requested an update for Dredd already. No idea if/when soren will get around to it, but if you’d like to see a new Dredd rom it probably wouldn’t hurt to throw a word in over in that thread.

Other than patching the L7 rom to support the Deadworld mod, anyone have thoughts on glitch fixes or scoring/balance tweaks that’d be nice to see? If we put a good list together maybe we could pique @soren’s interest and jump the line a bit.

3 weeks later
#3891 3 years ago

Shoutout to Davi for compiling a list of Dredd issues and posting in the thread for planned updates to B/W roms. He got @soren's attention, and the rest of you (us) posting evidently made an impression as well. So fingers crossed that JD will be on @soren's list in 2021!

#3897 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I am about to get a ColorDMD but not sure if I should go LCD or LED. What do y’all think is best for JD?

LCD. I don't care for the "smooth" setting at all, but I still prefer how the LCD looks just displaying dots -- the LED has a colder/brighter look to it, while the LCD is closer in appearance to an OG DMD.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.