Topic Stats

• 3,601 posts
  • 410 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Mr_Frog
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,001 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

rage (resized).jpg
15860616747124802071412789735189 (resized).jpg
15860616408689133584690179566482 (resized).jpg
Cooling Tower closeup insatll green (resized).jpg
CEBA5865-3347-4DEA-B9F1-E166D8569706 (resized).jpeg
972f4a5339662eb202aef73b5f313d4138f61303 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200404_110336 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200404_110331 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200402_191347 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200402_191330 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200402_190917 (resized).jpg
20200402_132015 (resized).jpg
20200402_131256 (resized).jpg
69FDA1B4-A35B-45A0-8A85-263DDC30867B (resized).jpeg
030C55CC-2896-4458-96A9-818ED151519A (resized).jpeg
Preview (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dudah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#287 6 years ago

I'm about to buy some LED's for my JD, was thinking CT or perhaps try out PinballBulbs. Does anybody know if JD ghosts? I have the Deadworld mod I'm yet to install but perhaps ghosting was patched on that ROM? Would like to avoid the premium of non-ghosting bulbs if possible...

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

I need a pic of someone's topper wiring on the back of the bird and where it plugs in on the board. This topper looks original but I never seen one with lit eyes.

image.jpg 183 KB

image-419.jpg 192 KB

I was thinking of doing this mod to mine, but from the looks of it, it seems that the LED's were in there when it was molded, not added afterwards. I would just piggyback the J116 12V circuit, pinballlife sells the molex connectors.

10 months later
#658 5 years ago

Designed a bracket for the topper and 3D printed it out today. Was a bit tipsy when designing so I misplaced the bottom hole, just used the top hole and works great!
20150204_184623.jpg

#659 5 years ago

Guy is selling a NOS topper in Cincinnati area... cincinnati.craigslist.org link

#662 5 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

So I got the J-U-D-G-E drop target stickers and was wondering what's the easiest way to put them on. Looks like you have to pull the entire drop target assembly from under the PF?

I put a finger on each side of the target, line the decal up with tweezers, adjust the vertical position, then press down hard holding the target so it doesn't drop.

1 month later
#723 5 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Anybody have some advice on this subject? Mine is sticking and the whole assembly is grimy. After dissembley and cleaning do you put anything on the targets at all. My brother keeps telling me I need a dry silicone spray but it seems I've read on here not to use anything. Any advice?

I just rebuilt my ES ones, just took them off and cleaned everything with rubbing alcohol and they worked great after.

1 year later
#1291 3 years ago

Finished putting back together my JD tonight. Have a flipper miswired causing resets and still need to adjust the arm. But sure does look nice!

Replaced the star posts with neon green ones, white LED star post lights on the lower slingshots, red LED strips in the shooter lane. Plus some crystal clear ramps!

DSCN2901_(resized).JPG

DSCN2902_(resized).JPG

DSCN2903_(resized).JPG

DSCN2907_(resized).JPG

DSCN2905_(resized).JPG

DSCN2911_(resized).JPG

DSCN2918_(resized).JPG

DSCN2919_(resized).JPG

#1294 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

dudah, nicest lighting I've seen on a dredd! A+

Thanks! I custom do my LED's now, but this is the pinballbulbs kit.

#1299 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Where did you get the judge death figurine? Did you add a blue led strip in back? Looks bright

Purple (blue+red) LED strip in the back is part of the pinballbulbs kit, very clutch! Got the judge death figure on ebay, moves in a lot of different ways. Have a Dredd also but no good place for him.

Did you make your star posts?

I'm not that crazy, got them from pinballlife

#1301 3 years ago

Jeeze, got a few games in tonight, and I've fallen in love with this game all over. If anything, it's too fast now (just got done shopping it)! When I hit the Air Raid ramp, half the time the ball flies off of there! Plays super fast, ramps are super satisfying, upper area is fast and fun. Loving it!

#1303 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

I guess it's the good place to ask, so is there anyone which could make hi-res pics of the topper on all sides, or even better to 3D scuplt it, so i could work with a 3D printer to make mine ?
many thanks

3D scanners aren't really a thing yet. And nobody has the time to 3D sculpt it. It'd be MUCH faster and easier to just make a mold of one.

3 months later
#1538 3 years ago

Was lucky to find an eagle topper 2 years ago when I bought mine. Wish it was the chromed one, but happy to have one. I painted it with gold glitter and it turned out nice!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/painting-my-jd-topper

eca2afe6f9a53661a274dc06683a2bd146bfe1f8_(resized).jpg

#1541 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Welcome to the club Toes, JD is an awesome machine, DON'T let anyone try and persuade you otherwise
Attached a pic of the decal, pretty sure they can't be bought anywhere at the moment.
I have messaged you about the cards.

Gonna make a few repros of the subway sticker. Anyone else in need, PM me.

#1546 3 years ago

Working on creating a repro shooter lane plastic today for a buddy. Laser cut today and it's a perfect fit! Next step is matching colors and printing the waterslide decals.

IMG_20160803_194056_(resized).jpg

#1550 3 years ago

Also made some Subway stickers to replace my dirty peeling one

IMG_20160804_171254_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#1631 3 years ago

With Shadow and BSD in the house, Dredd is getting the least love lately. Got a good 40 minutes in tonight and had a blast!

Also want to say how big of a fan I am of Super Game. Awesome easy way to shake up gameplay. I love the bonus modes and jackpots/super jackpots. Easy multiball is always nice. It's a quick way to make sure guests have fun, too!

3 weeks later
#1657 3 years ago

Finished up a fun little project today - reproducing the prototype sniper tower plastic!

Hand drew the artwork in Illustrator, color matched for CMYK print, printed on waterslide decals, laser cut plastics and decals, sealed them with clear coat! Turned out incredible! I also threw a red LED under the end of the gun and tied it to the sniper tower lamp, looks awesome!

IMG_20161006_083047 (resized).jpgIMG_20161006_114542 (resized).jpgIMG_20161006_115009 (resized).jpgIMG_20161006_115144 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1726 3 years ago

That's quite a bit after shipping. Plexi is pretty easy to bend, these would be easy to make. Who else is in need?

4 weeks later
#1776 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

new to the club. got a JD in a trade last weekend. good shape. needs a little more power in the flippers and auto-plunger, however. almost need a perfect shot to go up the ramps and the starting plunge usually doesn't make it around the back orbit. it'll come down to the top-right shorty.
you guys think i just need new coil sleeves or something else?

Always rebuild the flippers. Shooter probably needs to be tightened down, if not, a coil sleeve. What snyper said - check your EOS switches, reflow solder on fliptronics board.

Quoted from billsfanmd:

Helping a friend work on JD. sw 67 and 68 not registering. 67 is an opto...I have fixed lots of sw issues but never on a JD. Anything I should look for out of ordinary? Thinking start checking wires, replacing the sw opto's. etc.

Use your phone to see if they're even on. Clean with Q-tip and alcohol. Receivers seldom go bad, it's usually the transmitters. Broken wires/cold solder joints are also very common.

2 weeks later
#1883 3 years ago

Laser cut a protector for the Cursed Earth plastic. Mine wasn't broken but I heard about other's who have gotten cracked.

I could make a run of these, anybody else interested? Was thinking about doing some fluorescent colors next to match my Deadworld!

IMG_20161220_175513 (resized).jpgIMG_20161220_175153 (resized).jpg

#1885 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Doesn't look like it fits right - far left screw.

Good eye, I messed up the initial measurement but have since corrected it

#1887 3 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Regarding the left shooter lane, can someone knowledgable on the code please answer my question below?
Is there something in the code that randomizes the left shooter lane action? Here is why I ask: when the balls enters this shooter lane during normal play I get very inconsistent reaction from the shooter when it is being auto-plunged. The ball will sometimes hit the drop targets, or even end up on the upper right flipper. Sometimes it will dribble out and end up on the left lower flipper. BUT, whenever the ball enters the left shooter lane from the air raid ramp and I plunge it manually, it hits the drop targets 100% of the time. So, I always thought this was part of the code some how.
Comments, thoughts?

Mine does this, too.
I'm not sure if this is because of code. I always assumed because of the speed the ball is moving/when it hits the switch.
Mine sometimes goes to the upper flipper area, sometimes hits the 3-bank target, sometimes just lobs over to the right return lane.

#1891 3 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

I really don't wanna run down your work, but you can get a full set of excellent protectors for each and every plastic in JD in flourescent colors from Pinbits (just ask Pam for it). There you get a perfect match to your Deadworld mod and I honestly do not think it's worth the time and trouble to search for fitting material and run trials for a bigger run..
Flourescent protectors really look awesome on JD, got a set of red ones on mine and the whole thing basically just glows . Don't have any good pics here, but a guy from our club filmed it last year: » YouTube video (2nd half was filmed w/ lights off)

No worries, I'm just getting trigger happy with my laser cutter

Hmm I'm not seeing it on their site. I have the green slingshot protectors that match my DeadWorld, but didn't see others at the time.

The fluorescent plexi looks so sick! Even with the game off it nearly glows, especially on the edges!

#1904 3 years ago

Looks like they were scanned instead of vectorized.

1 week later
#1924 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Anyone ever put a little lubricant on the bottom of the crane as seen below in this picture? I was putting some new hardware on my crane mech and noticed that at one point there had been some type of grease here. I was thinking of a little Super Lube 3 oz. Tube Synthetic Grease with Syncolon PTFE.

Yep. Clean off the old one first. If you're feeling real ambitious you can do the deadworld gearbox

4 weeks later
#2021 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Because of luck and generosity of another pinball collector... Look at this NOS beauty...

So the legends are true

1 month later
#2051 3 years ago

JD probably gets the least amount of love in my house. It's pretty straight forward and mode heavy. I think the code could be better given all of the shots/switches. However, sometimes I get very into the gameplay. Certainly what keeps it in my house is the killer theme and decadent layout.

Some thoughts while playing today:

During Battle Tank mode, the most satisfying shot is off the left flipper, off the stand-up target bank, and up the blackout ramp. It's a little tricky but I can do it almost every time. So good!

The whole upper playfield is very playable and fun with some nudging and practice.

Air raid shot is the hardest but also very satisfying. I can hit the upper loop pretty easy. Perhaps I need to re-align my upper left flipper a smidge.

Left loop is also pretty hard. Chances of making it with a moving ball are very low.

Super game is the coolest feature! I wish it was carried over to other games. I probably play super game 8 of every 10 games.

#2059 3 years ago

Orange looks goooood!

3 months later
#2212 2 years ago

We need a hero to integrate the Deadworld code into the later fixed ROM

#2214 2 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

If I were the said "hero" would I be able to sell the ROM to get paid for the man-hours? What kind of copyright would be broken? Any? I assume the JD rom image is copyrighted and that a license would be needed from PPS in order to sell an updated version? What about selling as non-profit? Is that legal? Curious...

Any ROM being sold Rick would certainly want to oversee it.

He previously asked for bug fixes in code, but I doubt that would ever happen - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wish-list-of-bugs-in-wmsbly-wpcwpc95-code-to-fix/

That being said... there's various versions of code floating out there (Solar Value fix for Pinbot). While selling a modified ROM would certainly violate copyrights, consider the LED patcher. An executable that's freely distributed, you can feed whatever data you want into there and it modifies it. The executable itself isn't violating any copyrights, it's how users use it.

Kinda like buying a solo cup at a kegger, they're not selling you booze they're just selling cups

1 month later
#2285 2 years ago

Anyone have any tips for hitting the Air Raid ramp?
I feel like I can only hit it maybe once every few games... if that
Thinking about re-adjusting my upper flipper.

#2299 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

This exactly what I did but I guess I didn't clean good enough. Two of my targets are nice and snappy two are mediocre and one (the center one of course) is working way worse than before. I guess I'll have another go at it!

I had this problem. Cleaning the crap out of everything again made it all good.
If you're adding on the stickers, make sure they go all the way to bottom of the drop target face.
Mine came with some extras you cut in half and stick below the top normal sticker. This prevents them from scraping and slowing down the target.

#2301 2 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Same here. My middle target tends to go down reeeaaal slow after a few months of play. I apply a little bit of WD-40 to a piece of cloth and wipe the part of the target that goes between the washers with it once it gets slow again. Works well that way.

That's a short-term band-aid that will end up with a gunky mech down the line.

The key is to clean everything super well. I lightly sanded all the hardware and the washer posts, perfect after that!

#2303 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I'm getting fast balls bouncing into the right outlane from the right return ramp, is this a common problem? is there a known adjustment/tweak/fix for this?

Adjust where the ramp drops the ball. You can also put some foam at the end of the ramp to help absorb some momentum.

2 weeks later
#2309 2 years ago

JD hasn't gotten any love in a couple months because of Congo finally being home and me being lazy fixing a flipper issue.

Fixed it today! Wiped it down, replaced Superbands with red PerfectPlay rubbers, fixed some LED spotlights, added some colored LED backbox flashers.
SO much fun. I don't think I'd ever sell it.

I noticed a new skill shot today I thought I'd share: When launching a ball with all the drop targets up, if you hit it just right with the upper left flipper, you can get the drop targets down in a row. Thus, lighting lock easier!

2 weeks later
#2333 2 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

What is the best light strip color to use under the ramps if I have a orange dead world ring?

Purple/UV will make the color pop

3 months later
#2455 2 years ago

I only play Super Game - anybody else?

1 year later
#2916 1 year ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

So, during multiball, mine tends to shoot the balls straight down the middle. According to my level phone app, it appears to be pretty much level, side to side. At first I thought it might be bouncing off of the upper left flipper, but I'm not sure. Anyone else dealing with this?

Are the launching balls getting diverted by the upper left flipper?

#2917 1 year ago

I know Pinbits has been difficult to get a hold of. I can make Deadworld mods in any color (transparent, fluorescent, chrome, etc.). ROM chip included. PM me if interested.

IMG_20190121_232815 (resized).jpg

#2921 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

How hard is a rebuild of drop target bank on JD?

Easy. Remove the springs carefully so they don't go flying. Clean with alcohol. I lightly used some sandpaper around the metal shafts the targets side down. Wax your targets. Make sure the hardware is all tight.

2 weeks later
#2941 1 year ago
Quoted from Big70:

I've got a buddy that 3D printed me a replacement crane cam and I'm gauging interest if anyone else might like one. My post on it is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-crane-cam-reproduction-part-03-8998-interest

Are you willing to share the STL file?

2 weeks later
#2969 1 year ago

Swapped out my UV green Deadworld mod for UV red, can't decide which I like better! The red certainly pops more with the UV!

IMG_20190227_224608 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3048 11 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yes! The JUDGE stickers for the drops. They look so weird and blank without them.
The locking ball ring mod is cool (and original) but the game is pretty much better without it (and with the L7 rom) IMO. Still if you like mods it’s the big one for this game.
There are a couple popular cosmetic add ons like the crane upgrade you see a lot and the sniper tower, but that’s more up to you.
We did a light strip under the crane plastic on my game and I think it looks pretty cool.

What are the differences between the L7 rom and the deadworld ROM?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 25.00
$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dudah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside