IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cocomonkeh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2334 6 years ago

Just got mine home to add to the SuperPin collection. It will probably be at the store I work at at some point so is there a good rom version that works with the deadworld mod AND Coins? Or should I just disable it?

#2337 6 years ago

In that case does anyone have an original deadworld ring for sale

#2346 6 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Just wanted to let cocomonkeh know that he can leave the mod ring in and use L7 with that. So he gets the bugfixed version but still has the much better look of the mod ring (then working just as gunstarhero said).

Yea this is the heart of my question. It's going to be on location for a month as part of my selfie league so I can't use the free play rom.
Thanks everyone. I didn't want to have to buy a new plastic when I doubt it will pull $50 for the month.

3 weeks later
#2374 6 years ago

I'm a bit lost on the deadworld washer fix. What is the issue that it fixes? I know currently, my Deadworld will lock a ball and then not give me a new one.

#2379 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Seems you have a different issue (do you have the plastic trough liner installed that comes with the mod?--I've read that could cause your issue). With the Deadworld mod, if the opto doesn't see all the balls being dropped off the crane, then multiball will end early, then dump extra balls into the shooter lane on the next ball. Seems the washer suggestion (perhaps in addition to bending the inlet bracket) should increase the chance that the balls are properly seen by the opto.

I don't think it does. I got it with the mod installed already. I'll check that out.

3 weeks later
#2406 6 years ago

Ahh nuts. I finally was going to break down and order a coin rom for this weekend and Matt's Arcade is off til 12/1

3 weeks later
#2414 6 years ago

Well, my coin play rom finally arrived so I could fire the game up at our club. The CPU decided to quit about an hour later I think due to (previously unknown) acid damage.
The CPU from my DM worked just fine when I swapped everything. Happy to isolate it to the CPU, not looking forward to getting a new CPU :/

1 month later
#2467 6 years ago

My sniper upkicker/habitrail (I think) is getting really close to the glass and getting stuck now and then. Any ideas? Did I bend something?

#2471 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I just had that issue and noticed that I was missing the little rubber grommet at the bottom of the mech. Also took it apart, cleaned it up and replaced the coil sleeve and it's all working fine now.

I mean on the actual habitrail it's weird.

#2475 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Right, the ball just kinda hangs up at the top of the Up kicker? In this weird perfect little pocket it's impossible to shake it out of?

Just a bit down the trail where all the ramps are stacked up. I'll take a pic next time it happens.

2 weeks later
#2488 6 years ago

Gonna finish LEDing out my dredd. What looks best in the pursuit flashers?

#2498 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I just did the regular comet flashlamps (red and blue) but I hated the way they only shot light out through the sides of the plastics. So... I went to work and cut "caps" out of lexan with aluminum tape facing toward the flash lamp face. This has a great affect and you cannot even tell that the "upgrade" was made to the pursuit plastics...

Could you post a pic??

#2502 6 years ago

OK that makes sense. I couldn't picture WHERE you put the lexan pieces.

#2504 6 years ago

I'm probably going to steal that since I like how it hides the bulbs.

2 weeks later
#2551 6 years ago

I need to get those stickers. Looks great.

1 month later
#2672 6 years ago
Quoted from CoachMikej:

I have a JD that I just picked up for the cabinet and it has the 10 lamp board on it. I haven't started to strip and test the board yet but I can if you want it.

Does it have the weird board under the deadworld? I'd buy that from you.

#2684 5 years ago

I'll put it out to anyone else. I need the weird deadworld light pcb that's about 1/4 flashers 3/4 regular wedges.

1 month later
#2801 5 years ago

Great mod. I need to get one.
I made some stadium style lights as a test run out of those walmart light strips. While they don't offer full coverage, I think they turned out great for 15.Pics once I clean up the mounting.

3 months later
#2846 5 years ago

Anyone have the subway switches not score intermittently? I think it’s just a weird thing with how the holes are cut into the subway.

2 months later
#2904 5 years ago

Mine has a real lean too. It looks a little weird but it makes sense.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 85.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cocomonkeh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.