IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#769 8 years ago

Been in this club for a while, but seems there are 2 JD clubs

#789 8 years ago

There's some guys on vp universe making their own for a fraction of the cost, maybe we could do the same?

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/1669-shaker-motor-stern-and-others/

I know, I have at least 4 pins that I'd like shakers in, but $$$

#793 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I would like to put in 8 shakers in my pins, if I could do it $100 a pop.

8 shakers in one pin!
Heck yeah!!!

1 week later
#809 8 years ago
#812 8 years ago

They sure look like it, I saw someone do them with gray too, they looked great

#854 8 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

I checked with my art guy and he is in a good mood today so he has giving me the file to give to you all..
NUKE TOWERS (1).pdf

The File is damaged per adobe acrobat

2 weeks later
#880 8 years ago

I'm looking for a mustard Topper, I'll paint one no problem, Marco is out of them, any other sources?

#893 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

AUD is down right now. In some cases, you are better off buying parts from Australia. $1USD = $1.35AUD
Reminds me, when I lived in Sydney when $1USD was $2USD. It made them $60 cases of Tooheys New beer go down faster. lol

I just knew you were going to say that

1 week later
#921 8 years ago
Quoted from bartron:

406914683_33f981ac4d_m.jpg
removed pcb and replaced with neon tube tapped power off of the powerboard , then moved the flasher element to under the crane arm.

2171661045_da6acb3ab2_m.jpg

Should we call this "dead underworld "?

#931 8 years ago

Simply awesome

#933 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Also note to get the green glow effect I spray painted the inside with gray primer then scratched away where I wanted the green to show through. The towers are pretty translucent and light up like a lightbulb otherwise

I'd like to pursue this mod too, do you have any extra parts to sell?

#938 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Thanks for the kind words!
I had to cut the decals into multiple parts and piece them back together on the tower to minimize wrinkling, they don't stretch very much at all. Also used Microset and Microsol solutions during application. Microset makes them stick better. Microsol softens them so you can push out wrinkles, etc
Here's a link to some more photos and a video
https://rcdphotos.smugmug.com/JD-towers/n-WRbKQR

So cool, great job!

#946 8 years ago

Mine does that for 5 minutes when the game first turns on, then clears itself up

#949 8 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Got them this week, installed em yesterday along with some replacement plastics. Looks absolutely awesome! Some of them are a little tight to fit in there because the red acryl is thicker than the clear one, esp the subway cover with the small rail. The few GI bulbs under the plastics are enough to make everything glow orange nicely.
Highly recommended!

Pics?!?

3 weeks later
#963 8 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Here you go. Didn't have the camera with me, so just some bad cell phone pics. But you get the idea..

IMG_20150823_243157_386.jpg IMG_20150823_243026_471-1.jpg IMG_20150823_243015_043.jpg

Ooooooo red, very cool

2 weeks later
#987 8 years ago

I love my JD , but sadly I need room... Anyone know someone who wants in the club?

Mines very nice I have it listed in the market, I'm sure I'll take offers

15 years for flatulentcy!

2 months later
2 weeks later
#1076 8 years ago

It hasn't been very long, but I am hard-core missing Judge Dredd from my collection, why don't earth did you guys let me sell it, lol

#1079 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

It's the only game I've ever wanted to buy back.. and I did. Go get it!

I'm working out a deal right now to get it back... Bye bye sharkeys shootout

#1081 8 years ago

Ha! If only space grew on trees

#1083 8 years ago

Dude, money grows on trees, where have you been?

#1087 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is not your momma's pin!
losangeles.craigslist.org link

Only $1!?! Yes

#1096 8 years ago

I'm back in !

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1101 8 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

Now when is the Deadworld mod patch coming out?

Dude no kidding

#1116 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Now that's pretty sweet.

Ditto... Is there a comic book picture for reference?

1 week later
#1129 8 years ago

does anyone have an extra, nice plastic that the Nuke towers rivet to? Mine is broken in several places

#1131 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Might as well post this here! I created a new soundtrack for JD using the PinSound board, you can check it out here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone/page/13#post-2885057

That's so awesome , I'll put it in mine as soon as you perfect it, I don't have a pin sound board, but I'll get one when its time

#1132 8 years ago

Finally did it... Still need a new plastic, but this will suffice for now

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1156 8 years ago
Quoted from Volgon:

Just bought Judge Dredd on Friday. The housemates and I played it non-stop...48 hours later the flippers were almost black.
After a detailed cleaning, I noticed one of the ramps screws was not seated all the way. Yikes! Holy ball damage Batman! Fixed that and a couple of other minor things. Ramps are great and all four flippers are strong. Playfield is awesome, although, there is a minor ball-line groove on the left orbit.
The lower playfield is way too dark for where the machine lives (see picture). Maybe two spot lights is what it needs?
The 6-ball multiball is awesome, but this must wreck havoc on the balls. How often do your balls need replacing?
Is there supposed to be a black rubber bumper on the left post (see other picture, lower middle, naked post)?
This is my third machine, but first keeper.
Thank you,
Volgon
"They call him Judge, his last name is Dredd
So break the law, and you wind up dead
Truth and justice are what he's fightin' for
Judge Dredd the man, he is the law"
-Anthrax, I Am The Law, 1987

Dredd_004_(resized).JPGDredd_024_(resized).JPGDredd_011_(resized).JPG

Yes there's supposed to be rubber there

#1161 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I have no problem entering initials on my JD, is it perhaps a software issue if you are running a version that has the issue.

I have an issue with the high score initial screen, the previous owner set the scores so high I cannot access the initial screen, lol

#1173 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I thought I sent you the Tron?

That's definitely true... I finally crushed it during lunch the other day (tron)

Quoted from wizard_mode:

This looks awesome. Is this a mod kit that can be purchased?

Go back several pages in this thread, a fellow posted a how to

#1188 8 years ago
Quoted from ArseFez:

I'm about to pick up a JD and pretty damn excited!
Aside from the dead world motor are there any other problem spots to look out for when buying one?

you might want to clear your schedule, you're going to develop a problem of trying to stop playing, screw pop bumpers... who needs them!

#1192 8 years ago

It's definitely not like any thing else, constant attempts at flow, no popbumpers to randomize the ball

Sometimes I challenge myself to just keep the ball on the upper half of the playfield doing loops with the upper left flipper and the upper right flipper

Defeating the tank... Best dots ever

#1195 8 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

I like the feel of hitting the sniper tower the best, especially the two shots on the sniper mode. It's such a long shot, and the ball just hits it so solidly, then the way the vuk pops it up into the wireframe, such a rewarding feel to the shot. I enjoy a lot of the modes, they each have their own feel with unique graphics, music, and gameplay ideas, and there are so many of them. The main focus is to keep hitting the lit crime scenes to collect extra balls, so I like how it constantly dictates which shots you need to hit to keep that going. Once you really get good at it you can have really long games where it feels like you can hit every shot, and the shots all link together really nicely. It's awesome, you'll love it!

definitelty

2 weeks later
#1224 8 years ago

I need the topper bracket, anyone have ideas?

#1226 8 years ago

I got the mustard Hollow one from pps

#1232 8 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

I have mirror blades on mine and they really do add a bit of extra light to a dark game.

Good call

Quoted from wizard_mode:

I have the same issue. Im going to get some of that metal strip material with holes pre punched. You can cut to length and bend it. I think it will work just fine...

Good idea, I have some of that, I'll give it a whirl

#1235 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

My JD has arrived in Calgary from Phoenix yesterday. Have not seen the game in person and have never played it before. I will give my first thoughts and review here once I get it. I hope it is a keeper! Can't wait to get my mystery pin...

Given you're current lineup, I believe you will like it.

2 months later
#1306 7 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

No, i'm planning to make a 3d mesh from pictures, not to scan directly.
I don't have another JD owner close so i'm asking there.
Dont you Mind to help me ?

Hate to say it... But the eagle topper is fairly complicated... I had to just pony up and buy a yellow one and paint it gold and clear coat it.

Maybe you could go the route I was going to go... There's a JD gun model on eBay it's awesome, put a pistol rack on the head, and put the gun on it... Bad ass one of a kind topper

#1310 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Where did you find a topper? They pop up rarely & then gone instantly

PPS had them a few months ago

#1319 7 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

indeed, strange.
basically, it's the yellow-mustard one, from planetarypinball..
don't know if it worth the cost

I bought that one and painted it gold and clear coated it, turned out ok, just like I wanted it at least, its not chrome gold, but it blends nice

#1335 7 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Does anybody know what kind of bulb this is? The ones with the blue base.

image_(resized).jpeg

Looks like a frosted 44/47 blue led
You can get them from several pinball led sources

#1344 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Ill post when done.

What system are you using to accomplish that?

2 months later
#1443 7 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

I love my dredd. I hope it never leaves my collection

Mine left, then it came back 6 months later, had a guy practically beg me to sell it to him a week ago. I wouldn't budge, JD feels like a rite of passage in the hobby.

1 week later
#1501 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Anyone build/make their own topper mount for the topper that isn't "filled"?
I went to Home Depot just now and they didn't have any L brackets that would fit. At least none that I found.
In a perfect world I'd like a L-bracket that has a small "base" and a taller other side (vertical). And on this vertical aspect it would be nice if there was a slot running down the middle so I could put a screw anywhere. The ones I found that 1 or 2 screw holes in fixed (and wrong) places.
If I had a drill press I could easily fix that...

You could get some metal strapping that has holes pre drilled... I use that strapping for stuff all the time

2 weeks later
#1569 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I have no idea when it started, but my ball crane no longer picks up balls (at all, not even a little). Anyone have any ideas on what I should be checking out?

Do you mean the arm doesn't move?

Or that the magnet does not engage to pick up the ball?

1 month later
#1663 7 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Do want! Any chance on you making some of these?

Ditto!

2 weeks later
#1675 7 years ago

I really like cointakers retro warm led for the gi and frosted warm for backbox, they give the incandescent glow with out blinding my eyes, then I color up areas that I feel need it, kits are too expensive and take the personality out of the choices

#1686 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Yes, pretty sure we have a set of JD aluminum ramp tools. We will be digging them out next week. There is alot of stuff still to dig thru with all the IPB stuff, so we are finally able to start getting to the stuff in the back.
rick

That's great news!

4 months later
#2056 7 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Thanks Mancave ill give it a go. I tried ordering another right plastic test it with but I couldn't find one with the cooling towers already on!
I assume you also drilled the holes into back of the cooling towers as well?

Do your self a favor and create some brackets that will hold the towers, don't drill the towers.
Look back in the thread and follow the example, you'll be glad you did

1 month later
#2172 6 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

just ordered the bracket from Marco to mount my eagle topper. What is involved with installing this - do you need a power drill? Does it come with instructions? Just trying to prepare myself. Thanks!

The holes should be there already from the factory, you may need bolts and some screws, grab that stuff from the hardware store when you have all your parts

4 months later
#2322 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Unfortunately no.
I'm sure if I called them something could be arranged but that's a lot of PITA for a barely visible plastic.

apparently there is some kind of forwarding service can use???

1 month later
#2401 6 years ago
Quoted from nipper2u:

Where did you get these mods from?
Thanks again!

He most likely made them, they’re not on the market

6 months later
#2761 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Depends. Story goes that they were originally going to be shiny gold from the factory but to save costs they went with the Matte mustard gold color. I prefer the shiny gold topper to the matte one.

I got an official repro from PPS a while back. It was mustard yellow, I bought metallic gold spray paint and sprayed it, let it sit a few days and cleared it. It looks great, not chrome gold, but nice and shiny

1 year later
#3531 4 years ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

I might make my design available for sale once I redo the towers in Fusion360 to make a few more design changes to make it more user friendly. I don't plan on having anything for at least a few weeks though.[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome towers! Possible to change that red to bright Green?

6 months later
#3767 3 years ago
Quoted from prowlerman99:

OK Dredd Heads,, While going through stuff today I found a small pcb, says its' a Sound Activated LED Board for JD Topper. Have any of you ever heard of or seen one before? I have not had a JD for years so no idea where it came from. It's home made but looks to be well done.
Thanks,
[quoted image]

We need to know more about this for sure! I’m guessing it takes sound signal and sends it to lights for the topper that no one has installed

#3775 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Isn't it just a plastic ring? I wonder if it could be 3d printed? I can burn the ROM myself.

Dude, 3D printing is not the ticket for this

#3777 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

It looks simple enough you could probably cut it out of lexan and drill some holes.
I'm pretty sure there is translucent filament for 3D printers as well. I'm sure it wouldn't look as good as the Pinbits one, but if there is no other option, why not?

I bet it’s laser cut.

Anyone have the dimensions? Or a schematic for the large Dead world plastic?

11 months later
#4103 2 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

I joined the club a week ago. My machine worked fine for a week, but now it continuously launches balls. It's never ending. It's like the machine thinks the drain shield is enabled and we are in 6 ball multiball. I turn off the machine, turn it back on, choose regulation play (NOT supergame), then it starts doing this immediately. Any idea what could cause this?

Opto board on the trough, usually the culprit, may be that the wire connector came loose

1 year later
#4483 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Joined the club today!
[quoted image][quoted image]

She’s a beaut Clark!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=chosen_s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.