IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3500 4 years ago

I went with LED in my JD since I prefer the original DMD look vs the smoothing effect on the lcd version.

InShot_20200224_162702894 (resized).jpgInShot_20200224_162702894 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3534 4 years ago

Since I've purchased my Judge Dredd I've slowly been adding mods such as a ColorDMD LED display, Pinsound+ sound board, speakers and subwoofer, Pinnovators PinPAC8 coin door panel, Medisinyl's Sniper Tower mod, Comet LED bulbs, LED illuminated star post kits, Britebuttons LED illuminated flipper buttons, Titan rubbers, shiney gold Eagle replacement topper, Pingulp beverage holders and upgraded glass with Invisaglass. I also purchased but still have to install mirror sideblades, target decals, Pinsound's Motion Control shaker motor kit, Pinstadium's Fusion with Hover lighting kit and Ragefactory's Cooling Tower mod. I may have gone a bit overboard with this project but I'm learning a lot and having a great time. Judge Dredd has truly been a surprisingly awesome choice for my first pin!

InShot_20200304_125148903 (resized).jpgInShot_20200304_125148903 (resized).jpg
#3536 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

That’s a great looking JD. You can reuse most of the mods if you ever decide to sell. Always wondered how Pinsound would be in JD. Have on my TZ and may try moving over. Have you considered adding Pinwoofer amps? They work with Pinsound and make a big difference.

Thank you! I'll look into the Pinwoofer amp but so far I barely crank the volume over 5 when I'm not using the headphones. I've been flipping between the original Dredd soundtrack and the Metallica version and really enjoy both.

#3538 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Frog:

I just literally bought it off the marketplace a few days ago, but it doesn't look like it's on there anymore. It looks like I may have gotten the last one?
[quoted image]

I think Ragefactory's shop is only open when he has time to make the mods. I recently snapped one up for myself and it looks pretty cool but I'd be down for a Tower set in green by DevilsMuse if they become available. Those lit number cutouts are awesome!

InShot_20200309_095704687 (resized).jpgInShot_20200309_095704687 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#3597 4 years ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

Hey I just wanted to let people know, as there was some interest when I last posted some pics of my cooling towers. I have redesigned them for the better. They take a long time to print and the finishing process is quite time consuming but installation is pretty easy and the glow is awesome. Hope you like them. They are up in the market.
Thanks
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1134-devilsmuse-arcade/03628-judge-dredd-lighted-cooling-towers[quoted image]

What happens when you hook into the "meltdown" bulb with leds? They should flicker the whole time instead of when the meltdown bulb is lit. Correct?

#3600 4 years ago
Quoted from ragefactory:

Hi, better connect 2 wires each light under the lock, to have a cool effect.
Lock 1 to tower 1, lock 2 to tower 2 etc..
Check the attached image
thanks
[quoted image]

I thought about doing exactly that when I installed mine but having them flicker all the time has grown on me after soldering to the meltdown socket.

#3602 4 years ago

My Dredd us coming along. Star post lighting, clear rubbers, Sniper Tower and Nuclear Cooling Towers mods. Next are shaker motor and Pinstadium lights.

20200408_110625 (resized).jpg20200408_110625 (resized).jpg
#3615 4 years ago

Tinkering around today installing my Pinstadium lights. Here's the comparison shot.

20200411_123836 (resized).jpg20200411_123836 (resized).jpg
#3618 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Are Pinstadium lights really needed for DM? There is nothing going on at the top of the game, like lanes or bumpers, so lighting is cosmetic. The center of the playfield is pretty well lit. I would rather add a spotlight or two for an area like the sniper tower and the inside ramp shot.
My comment is not meant to be critical of your choice rather suggest how light could be added far more cost effectively - $10 vs nearly $300. The extra dough could be used for sniper tower mod, crane mod, lit targets, ROM upgrades and you would STILL have some money in your pocket. Or spend a few more bucks over the Pinstadium and get Color DMD which looks spectacular with Dredd.

I already added the mods you mentioned. I bought the "Fusion" set of Pinstadiums so they do add to the experience. I'm waiting to wire up the Fusion feature and shaker motor so they fire off at the same time.

#3620 4 years ago

Added an operator to the Sniper Tower.

20200412_194956 (resized).jpg20200412_194956 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3638 3 years ago
Quoted from ChiTownPinHead:

I already added the mods you mentioned. I bought the "Fusion" set of Pinstadiums so they do add to the experience. I'm waiting to wire up the Fusion feature and shaker motor so they fire off at the same time.

Annnnd I pulled the Pinstadiums! Lights were nice but couldn't keep them from falling and I'm concerned they're going to end up melting the plastics because they run HOT!

#3642 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I have not installed them in my JD yet (but have them for when I get my JD back). I have put pinstadiums in my other pins and had that occasional problem on my WOZ with the magnamounts coming undone and them falling. I installed the Hover kit on my pinstadiums and problem solved. Plus, I no longer need to take off the pinstadiums when lifting the playfield. Personally, I feel that the kit should come with the hovers, but he sells them separately. Adds a bit more to the total cost, but it solves a couple of problems with the Hovers installed.

I also bought the hovers and didn't find area to mount them to be sufficient due to the ramps. I'll just add some spot lights and call it a day.

1 year later
#4049 2 years ago

So... my Dredd has started acting up. The right flipper is double flipping and not staying up to cradle the ball. I cleaned everything, checked for broken wires, resoldered the coil wires and it still hasn't resolved. Just ordered a new fliptronics board from Pinball Life to see if that fixes the problem. Am I missing anything? If the new board doesn't work it might be time to call in a professional.

#4051 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Sounds like a flipper opto board problem to me.

I should have just added it to my cart. Damn...

#4052 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Sounds like a flipper opto board problem to me.

Just ordered. Thanks Brother!

#4060 2 years ago
Quoted from ChiTownPinHead:

So... my Dredd has started acting up. The right flipper is double flipping and not staying up to cradle the ball. I cleaned everything, checked for broken wires, resoldered the coil wires and it still hasn't resolved. Just ordered a new fliptronics board from Pinball Life to see if that fixes the problem. Am I missing anything? If the new board doesn't work it might be time to call in a professional.

Well, it wasnt the fliptronics board. Waiting on the opto board, and last I guess Its a coil replacement.

#4062 2 years ago
Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

I had the exact issue you described in the upper left flipper. It ended up being the coil. I replaced the coil and rebuilt the flipper and it has worked great since.

Coils are ordered. Hopefully it works for me!

#4063 2 years ago
Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

I had the exact issue you described in the upper left flipper. It ended up being the coil. I replaced the coil and rebuilt the flipper and it has worked great since.

Replaced the coil and double flipping problem resolved! Wish I had just done this first. Thanks everyone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=chitownpinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.