IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butch2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#187 10 years ago

I'm in!! I got mine not long ago. I definitely see it staying for a while.

IMAG1610.jpgIMAG1610.jpg
IMAG1465.jpgIMAG1465.jpg

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

I really like the colors on the right side of your backglass. Do you remember what color bulbs you used?

thank you, it's just easier if I take a picture

1389658366590.jpg1389658366590.jpg
#199 10 years ago

I used all comet LED's. Art is great to work with and the price is right

1 month later
#283 10 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I know asking a bunch of JD owners isn't probably the best place to ask this, but what can I realistically expect to spend for a nice JD on the East Coast? I bought my first pin (STTNG) a couple years ago and now I am ready for a second. JD is towards the top of my list. Is this still in the 2k range or have prices skyrocketed like so many others?

If it needs work you can probably get it between 1700-2000. If it's plug & play 2100-2800 depending on cabinet condition (playfields held up very well on these). How much fade there is/topper/broken right ramp (common) if it has LED's ect...I haven't personally seen any go for over 3G yet...

2 weeks later
#334 10 years ago

Ok, I pick up a nicer Dredd then what I had. I noticed on the dead world planet orange ring the new one had holes in it to hold the ball where my old one had slots. Which one is correct? Does it matter? I figured this would be the place to ask.

#336 10 years ago

So, could I have a prototype or sample game? Besides the different ring, how could I tell? I was going to update the ROM because it was running the original version and giving me an error, but now I'm thinking I have to either live with the error or get a different ring.

#338 10 years ago

If I upgrade the ROM it won't work with the ring that's on there. I tried switching the ring to my other machine & the crane doesn't grab the ball out of the hole.

#341 10 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

added a red ring to my dead world, much happier with it then the pinkish florescent red it originally had

IMG_20140326_205730.jpg 332 KB

where did you get that? Looks cool... Mine is orangeish.

1 year later
#836 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I want a Dredd. A really nice one. Someone sell me one. Or trade me for my super super nice TSPP and a little coin. Or throw something else in. Or something. Come on. Do it.

I'll have one ready to sell hopefully soon. 3/4 nice, I'm just not thrilled with the touchups on 1 side of the head. The rest looks good. Needs some light work at the moment, cleaning & LED's. Just no time to work on it at the moment. I can ship. The right ramp is even good where it is always broken. No topper. PM me if interested as-is. I can give you more details..

5 months later
#1067 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Toppers are back up as available, so maybe they found a few more in stock? Grab one quick if you need one!
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=GS-1322&Product_Code=PPS-03-8936

Out of stock again

1 month later
#1137 8 years ago

Where did you get the decals? I was looking for some awhile back..

4 weeks later
#1216 8 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

I didn't mean the letters. The 4 Judges names flash when you are trying to defeat them during multi ball. When their name flashes the corresponding judge on the back glass also flashes. So when you test say judge fear his name isn't flashing (for you cause you said it's broke) but is he flashing on the back glass?

Sounds like either the bulbs may be burned out or a connector may be burnt in the back box or not making good contact

2 months later
#1309 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I had to just pony up and buy a yellow one and paint it gold and clear coat it.

Where did you find a topper? They pop up rarely & then gone instantly

1 week later
#1355 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Not trying to be smart here but why don't you check fuse f114 and f115 first?

Check for loose connection. That happened one time when I moved a Corvette from one location to another and the plug came loose.

3 months later
#1566 7 years ago

I think I'm leaving the club soon. Tough decision, but it's one of the games I've had the longest. It will probably be back at some point. Market ad coming soon..

#1571 7 years ago

Any thoughts on why the crane would work in test mode but not in the actual game? I do have a rotten dog board in there. Could that be the problem?

#1573 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Arm moves, but the magnet does not engage. I have also noted that the arm seems to move more before the game starts, during boot up...it seems to just keep on going until I start a game or open the menus. I've never noticed the VUK's firing during bootup either, and they fire a few times as well.

I checked the connectors and it seems like everything is tight, unless something came off in the backbox. Do you know what the corresponding connector is in the backbox?
In the solenoid test the magnet works, though I'm not sure about how strong it should be, it doesn't feel very strong.

Same issue I'm having

#1585 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

First, remember the crane magnet doesn't work with coin door open.
I'd check its connector hasn't come off under the playfield.
Also run solenoid test for magnet and see if it will pick up anything.
... Altan

Check fuse f-105. Mine was blown and the crane would not work in test mode. I was still having issues with it picking up the ball. I was running a rotten dog board and switched it with an original Williams board and now it works fine. Rottendog doesn't play well in some games it seems.

1 year later
#2577 6 years ago

I picked up a major Judge Dredd project at the Texas pinball show. I think I have all the parts to bring it back from the dead.

Probably going to try my first cabinet redecal. My question is has anybody ever seen any alternate cabinet decals? Was thinking if something cool and unusual was out there I might try it.

20180317_084053 (resized).jpg20180317_084053 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butch2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=butch2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.