IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buellxb12r.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3319 4 years ago

Just picked up a JD over the weekend and had a couple questions.

One being about the right ramp. I've noticed when you nail the right ramp that the ball can really sail through fast and ends up jumping off the rail on it's way to the right flipper. There's nothing to really slow it down, and bending the rail to more of an incline doesn't seem like it will help. Should there be a ball flap or something to slow the ball down or does this happen on all JD machines?

Another question is about the sniper tower coil, it randomly keeps firing sometimes after playing for a bit. I'm thinking the coil either gets hot, and needs replaced, or the opto is misfiring and needs cleaned/adjusted. I'll be testing it further in the next couple days, just wasn't sure if it's a common problem or not.

#3335 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I have the same fly off issue on mine. It can be really annoying, especially when the ball sails directly into the outlane.
As for the sniper popper, it’s probably the opto there is starting to flake out. Just had the same thing happen, so I replaced the opto emitter and receiver and it’s all good now.

Yes the ball flying off and draining has happened way too many times already for just getting the machine this past weekend. I'm going to check to see if what "luckymoey" suggested will help solve the problem.

I'll try cleaning the opto first to see if that helps the sniper tower problem.

#3339 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

The attachment point for the ramp to sling is broken on many JD’s which effects the geometry of the ramp causing the ball to fly off. Cliffy makes a repair kit that works sometimes. People also use a couple washers to hold it to the attachment point. A picture would help.
Doubt the sniper coil is bad. Sounds like a switch issue. Take it apart to inspect and clean. Windex on q-tip for opto then dry with other end of q-tip.

Attached two pictures to see if what you are referring to is broken or not. I couldn't see anything specifically that would be missing/broken. Played a few more games last night and had several balls fly off the rail and drain.

JD Pic1 (resized).jpgJD Pic1 (resized).jpgJD Pic2 (resized).jpgJD Pic2 (resized).jpg
#3341 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Your plastic ramp attachment tab looks great. Most are broken off or cracked. The only thing I see that could be contributing to the problem is your wire form is secured under the sling shot plastic when it should be on top of the plastic. Beyond that, you may need to just gently push up or down on the plastic ramp portion to adjust the angle of the wire form until it's dialed in.

Ok great, thanks for the tip. I'll try what you said and hopefully that will help.

2 weeks later
#3377 4 years ago

Can someone do me a favor and take a picture of their connector that hooks into the ball trough? Someone did a hack job on mine and it doesn't work properly. So I'm going to repin a new connector on and want to make sure all the wires are correct. I just need the picture of the connector closest to the front of the machine. Thanks in advance!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 85.00
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buellxb12r.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=buellxb12r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.