IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigballa81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#231 10 years ago

Has anyone tried spray painting their Judge Dredd legs with gold spray paint? Or would this be totally dumb to do?

11 months later
#588 9 years ago

having the same problem. Fiddled with it for hours last night - got a buddy coming tomorrow to help me with it. Fingers crossed. The crane/deadworld seems to be the Bermuda Triangle of pinball repair.

3 months later
#751 8 years ago

Anyone have a working Deadworld gearbox? My friend is in need of one.

2 weeks later
#757 8 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

here is one on epay...
ebay.com link » Judge Dredd Pinball Planet Gearbox

Thanks gabegabegabe, my buddy bought this one.

1 year later
#1636 7 years ago

I posted this yesterday on the main forum but I thought I would ask in here to see if ya'll Dredd heads know - I tried using the old google machine - but didn't really come up with much. Are all of the Dredd Pinball characters that are in the game in the comics too? I know the Dark Judges, Judge Anderson, Walter the Wobot, and Mean Machine are all in the comics but what about Anita Mann, the Bad Impersonator, the Battle Tank, and the machine gun dude and other dude who wants to eat the chicken in the safe cracker mode? I got a feeling a lot of them were just made up for the pinball, but it would interesting to know if anyone has the inside scoop on this.

#1638 7 years ago

maybe the Battle Tank is supposed to kinda be like General Blood N' Guts from the cursed earth series...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 week later
#1651 7 years ago

Just got my new color DMD for Dredd and it looks real nice...but right after I installed it I'm having an issue with my upper left flipper being weak, but only when Deadworld is running. It seems like it's just not getting enough power when Deadworld is on. I do have the Deadworld mod, the crane mod and it's all LEDs. Anyone have some suggestions on how to fix this?

#1653 7 years ago

Thanks, I cleaned the opto and the flipper doesn't seem as bad, but it's still pretty weak when Deadworld is on, any other possible solutions?

6 months later
#2099 7 years ago

anyone use double sided tape to secure the eagle topper? I just have my topper sitting on the top of my machine without anything, not a very good idea. When I did a nutty nudge the topper fell on the glass, luckily it didn't break it.

#2101 7 years ago

I suppose you would have to unscrew and take off the topper every time you wanted to take a look under he play field if you were to attach with the bracket. Was thinking with the tape it would make things easier, but tape is probably kind of janky.

#2103 7 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

I did 3m mounting tape. I have the hollow shiny eagle so it doesn't weigh much and stays put. I know there are some plaster toppers made where I wouldn't suggest using the tape.

OK cool - I have the shiny hollow one too. Ill give the 3M mounting tape a try. Thanks!

#2105 7 years ago

Wondering if a kind soul can help me out with a new issue I'm having. I was adjusting the LED light strip that sits on the middle of the wire ramp, turn on the machine and all of a sudden my flippers don't work, color DMD is off, and the ball poppers are start popping off and also balls start automatically launching. I took a little video, have no idea where to even start troubleshooting...any help would be great.

#2107 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Most likely a blown fuse. Sounds like the 12V is out so check fuse F115 and F116.

OK thanks for the tip! I'll check it out tomorrow when i'm back at home. Thanks again!

1 week later
#2144 7 years ago

I have been having a real tough time with my dredd lately. I have Deadworld mod, and none of the balls are going on to the planet rings when I lock balls. Any hot tips? Maybe a divter problem?

#2146 7 years ago

Yeah I have the correct rom installed as my Deadworld mod was working just fine a few days ago. I read on other threads that I may have to clean the Deadworld opto maybe the crane opto. Anyone know what these look like?

#2147 7 years ago

Obvious question but do you have the correct rom installed? L1AT?

Yeah I have the correct rom installed as my Deadworld mod was working just fine a few days ago. I read on other threads that I may have to clean the Deadworld optos or maybe the crane opto. Anyone know where these are/what they look like?

#2149 7 years ago

Obvious question but do you have the correct rom installed? L1AT?

Ok so upon further investigation it turns out I have the prototype Dredd, which means I have an opto at the start of my ramp and I'm 99% sure this opto is not working. Is this something I should replace? I tried cleaning it by using a qtip and some alcohol and cleaning the the little holes on both sides of the ramp. Has anyone replaced these. Looks kinda hard. Here's a pic of where the optos are...

IMG_5130 (resized).JPGIMG_5130 (resized).JPG

#2151 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I think that opto is still the same number on the switch test as the one on my machine (67), go into switch test and block the opto with your finger. If it doesn't register, any broken wires? has the opto's come unplugged underneath the playfield?

ok so I went to the switch test and it says switch 32 is indeed the correct switch for the left right enter as my machine is a prototype - switch 67 says "not used" in the test. When I put my hand in between the optos for switch 32 nothing happend. I put my finger on the right side opto and moved it around a little and got a bit of a reading, I turned off the game and cleaned them a bit more, did the test again and nothing this time, even when I moved the right opto a bit. I did notice a little bit of frayed wire on the left opto - so that could be the problem, but I'm pretty confident that switch 32 is the problem. What is the best way to access the wires and the optos for this? They are in a pretty tricky spot, on the bottom of the playfeild the trough assembly and Deadworld motor are really in a the way and looks like the Deadworld and left ramp would have to be taken off to access the optos from the top. I assume there is no other way around this, but any help would be much appricated. Also thanks to all that have helped me so far!

IMG_5131 (resized).JPGIMG_5131 (resized).JPG

IMG_5134 (resized).JPGIMG_5134 (resized).JPG

IMG_5133 (resized).JPGIMG_5133 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#2166 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

On my machine where the entrance opto's are mounted further up the ramp they are attached to a metal bracket which is riveted to the ramp. It looks like the opto's on yours are attached the same way so yep you will need to take the plastic rings off the deadworld (easy, quick job) and then remove the ramp to access the opto's. It's a bit hard to see in the pic but i would think the opto's are screwed onto the bracket the same way (screws go from underneath, through the bracket and into the plastic of the opto support) You might not need to take the ramp right off the machine mind you, may be able to lift it up enough to unscrew the 4 screws holding the opto's onto the bracket. Once unscrewed they should be wired into a plug that you can detach from underneath the playfield and then pull the small harness out for inspection. It could be possible one of the opto's is bad also but they aren't difficult or expensive to replace.

Thanks again for your help on this. Turns out it was the optos, took the whole ramp off and replaced them, now working again.

#2170 6 years ago

just ordered the bracket from Marco to mount my eagle topper. What is involved with installing this - do you need a power drill? Does it come with instructions? Just trying to prepare myself. Thanks!

3 weeks later
#2190 6 years ago

I just got my bracket in the mail for my eagle topper. I just realized that since I have an early sample game my Dredd doesn't have the same square cut out things where the talons would sit on like the normal production games have. Do the regular production games have holes drilled in on the top of the back box already for the topper? Also if I mount the topper with the talons sticking out would it be ok to have the play field lean up against the talons sticking out or would that damage it?

3 weeks later
#2216 6 years ago

Hi looking for some help here - couldn't really find this part online yet as all suppliers seem to be out of stock, but i'm looking for a JUDGE DREDD (BALLY) CRANE CAM Part Number: 03-8998

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8998

Anyone have any hot leads on where I could find this part?

#2218 6 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Sadly, I do not think that part is going to be reproduced. Maybe in the
future, but I doubt it. It is a bad design. If you still have yours..... I assume
that the top collar area is broken due to over tightening. If so, and the plastic is still there, then you could have a collar sleeve made to slip over the part that is cracked/broken and epoxied into place.

The main issue is that the set screw won't tighten as it appears to be stripped, when I take the screw out of the plastic the hole is pretty big. Do you think I may need to buy a bigger set screw?

#2220 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Try putting a tap through the thread first (the same size and pitch as the thread), this might fix it. I'm not sure what size that thread is off the top of my head. You might be able to go to the next size thread up but i don't think that metal collar insert has too much extra room to do that.

sorry i'm not sure what you mean by "try putting a tap through the thread first"

#2226 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

True, also could possible use thread tape like plumbers do.

OK thanks - do you mean teflon tape? Also what are peoples thoughts on just using a bigger set screw? Thanks for the help!

#2228 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Yep, PTFE tape, Plumbers tape, Teflon tape, different names, same beast

ok cool - got some of that tape, I'll try to give it a whirl tonight. Thanks again!

#2230 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Yep, PTFE tape, Plumbers tape, Teflon tape, different names, same beast

So I tried the plumbers tape and no dice, but on closer inspection I noticed that there is no brass metal insert inside the plastic disc! Any tips on what to do next? Can you get the insert and glue it in or something?

#2234 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Ahhhh, no insert is a problem, has the insert fallen out into your cabinet? there should be an insert in it as standard. I can think of a couple of options although others may have some extra solutions. Dodgy option* - you could potentially tap a thread into the plastic itself, it's not under a huge load BUT i'm not sure it would hold properly and could crack the plastic when threading it. Better option* - you can buy metal inserts designed to go into plastic, press in types and screw in also that could do the job and i think you can get them in small enough sizes (metric and imperial). You may have to drill a slightly bigger hole in the plastic to accommodate the insert though, which means being very careful when drilling. Other option is to find a used or NOS intact cam disc. I checked around for NOS one's but no-one seems to have them (including Oz parts suppliers)

Thanks for the tips here! I checked the cabinet and didn't see the insert, when looking for the metal inserts, should I bring in the set screw in to home depot or something to see if someone can help me find the right size?

#2245 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

bigger screw always works

Are referring to the problem I am having with my crane cam part?

#2249 6 years ago

I already have an ad in the market place area of this site - but thought I would post it here as well. Looking desperately for a Judge Dredd Crane Cam Part# 03-8998. Willing to pay top dollar! See below link for a picture of the part I need. Thanks!!

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8998

4 months later
#2408 6 years ago

Thought I would post in this thread too - I have the Judge Dredd specific left flipper opto board replacement installed in my Dredd (the one with the magnet on it) and whenever the ball goes into the the left missile launch kick back the lower left flipper momentarily goes off at the same time that the ball gets kicked back into play. Anyone know of a possible fix for this? I have put electrical tape over the little magnet, but that didn't work. I have had suggestions to glue the square magnet into place, but am kind of wary to do it. Anyone try the glue with any success? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

#2410 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Do you have the instruction/installation sheet for the magnet style boards? i'm pretty sure that is explained on there. Tape on the magnet is just to hold it in place once you have found the sweet spot. Moving the magnet up/down and left/right alters the sensitivity and also effects the upper flipper going off and when. From memory my project JD did the same thing with these boards. Try turning the magnet end wise, so north to south but keeping the magnet in the same location if possible. If that doesn't help, flip the magnet over so the side facing in to the plate is on the outside. I think on my machine i have the magnets sitting at a 45 degree angle, not straight up and down, just takes some fiddling to get them right.

Dug through my apartment and finally found the instructions. They have a troubleshooting section that states flipping the magnet over if auto fire causes lower flipper to go off just like you recommend. Gonna try this out tonight hopefully. Thanks very much!

#2411 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Do you have the instruction/installation sheet for the magnet style boards? i'm pretty sure that is explained on there. Tape on the magnet is just to hold it in place once you have found the sweet spot. Moving the magnet up/down and left/right alters the sensitivity and also effects the upper flipper going off and when. From memory my project JD did the same thing with these boards. Try turning the magnet end wise, so north to south but keeping the magnet in the same location if possible. If that doesn't help, flip the magnet over so the side facing in to the plate is on the outside. I think on my machine i have the magnets sitting at a 45 degree angle, not straight up and down, just takes some fiddling to get them right.

So after flipping the magnet around and much fiddling the problem is now solved. Thanks for your help Mancave stoked to have game fully operational again.✅

6 months later
#2774 5 years ago

Was thinking about replacing all my rubbers on my Dredd as I have noticed that one of the rubbers behind the "JUDGE" drop targets has become a bit frayed. I have the rubber kit already specific to Dredd - I'm just a bit apprehensive to start taking off the ramps, etc. Is this a pretty easy job? Any pitfalls I should know about before attempting to do this? I should probably do a good cleaning of the playfield too while i'm at it. Currently use CP-100 to clean the playfield, plastics and rubbers. Is this good enough, or should I be using Novus and wax? Thanks in advance!

#2778 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Hey Soap,
The photobucket link appears broken.

Bummer - yeah looks like it’s broken - I would really like see the pictures you took soapman. The suggestion about taking pictures while tearing it down though is great though - thanks !

#2780 5 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

I guess I should have checked, sorry. It was 5 years ago. I will get it updated and post link.
Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks for updating!

4 months later
#2870 5 years ago

Having issues again with the crane. Will unload balls fine for most games, but once in a while will drop the ball to early and will roll down the planet ring. Is there a way to adjust the rod up and down for the rod closest to the back box? I know you can adjust the rod in front of that by simply screwing it. Any help would be sweet.

1 week later
#2877 5 years ago

question for those Dredd owners out there with a color DMD installed - Noticed a while back that 'Life for Terrorism' crime scene animation just shows up as a black screen every time. Is this the case for everyone?

#2881 5 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

Yeah mine does that too. I'm running the 1LAT Deadworld mod ROM.

Yeah I have the deadworld mod too.

1 year later
#3353 4 years ago

sorry if this is kind of a dumb question - but very rarely a ball won't launch out of the main shooter lane for my Dredd and no ball search gets triggered - it just remains in the shooter lane lane until i turn the game off and then on - once turned on the ball gets launched from the shooter lane and I am able to start a new game again - question is - if a ball is sitting in the shooter lane should it be eventually launching during a ball search?

#3362 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardHurtz:

I would clean every opto with q-tip and alcohol if you haven't done so recently.
What ROM do you have? I have L6 and it seems a little buggier than most WPC from that era.

Thanks I’ll try the q-tip thing - how do I find out what rom I have? I know my game is a prototype, but not sure the of the rom

#3363 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There is a microswitch in the shooter lane that perhaps isn't always registering?

Thanks I’ll try and scope out the microswitch thingy

7 months later
#3698 3 years ago

Anyone know the height of Dredd including topper. I got a new place and my Dredd is in storage, want to check it will fit.

#3700 3 years ago

Thanks very much. It’s gonna fit ✅

1 year later
#4093 2 years ago

Hi I was wondering if anyone who owns the prototype version of Dredd has replaced the right ramp before with a replacement ramp. The optos and the holes for the optos for the original prototype ramp are further down the ramp closer to the entrance of the ramp and the normal production game has the holes and optos further up. Is it possible to replace? I have a new old stock replacement ramp that I was hoping to use.

Thanks!

#4095 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

What’s a prototype look like?

The differences that I know of are my boards are red, the sticker on the scoop says pick a part instead of subway entrance, the sniper tower plastic has a guy holding a gun and not just cross hairs, there are no cut outs on the top of the back box for the talons for the eagle topper and the placement of the optos for the right ramp are in a different spot.

Check out the picture - you can see the optos are in a different spot, hoping someone has replaced a right ramp for a prototype as mine is currently held together by tape.

dredd ramp opto (resized).jpgdredd ramp opto (resized).jpg
#4097 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

But it has the eagle? You just can’t fold it down without hitting the feet? Does it look like there was any way to get to the subway stuff under the deadworld? My ramp has metal protectors around your entrance optos.
[quoted image]

Yeah I have a topper on mine when you lift the playfeild up it just hits the feet. I believe I can get at the subway stuff under deadworld, I would just have to take the rings off.

#4099 2 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:Hi I was wondering if anyone who owns the prototype version of Dredd has replaced the right ramp before with a replacement ramp. The optos and the holes for the optos for the original prototype ramp are further down the ramp closer to the entrance of the ramp and the normal production game has the holes and optos further up. Is it possible to replace? I have a new old stock replacement ramp that I was hoping to use.
Thanks!

Saturday bump

#4101 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I mean worst case scenario just add wire onto the existing wires so they reach the new location. I don’t see why that wouldn’t work

That’s a good call. Thanks !

1 year later
#4523 1 year ago

Anyone buy these decals for the stand ups and drop targets? If so, how was it putting on the “meltdown” decal on the stand up by the 3 captive balls? Looks like a gnarly job!

02FF6572-77A2-4C3E-AC2D-E4375B111B0A (resized).png02FF6572-77A2-4C3E-AC2D-E4375B111B0A (resized).png
#4525 1 year ago
Quoted from Ricbec:

Where did you get those from?

Got them off of EBay

ebay.com link: itm

#4528 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I bought the same ones for my Dredd restoration. Actually I’ve put this vendor’s target decals on all my restorations if they are available. They stick really well and look great in my opinion. Only bad thing is you usually need an xacto knife to peel the backing off.
Since I am taking the whole top side off of the game, won’t be bad install. Otherwise, yep, Will kinda suck since you will have to loosen/or remove the ramps.

Do you know of a source on the internet which best shows a teardown of Dredd? Mine could probably use a bit of a deep clean anyway, then I can put the decal on after the cleaning.

#4530 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I would search for a dredd restoration here. Otherwise I can send you pics as I tear down my project now that I’ve gotten my high speed restoration complete minus the beacon motor.

I would totally appreciate some pictures

6 months later
#4662 8 months ago

I just bought a Cliffy for the subway scoop, and I’m looking for some tips on how to install. What I want to do is use JB Weld KwikWood to fill in the wear on the scoop and then put the cliffys on. Also want to clean that area a bit and put on new rubbers. What playfield components would I have to take off to properly do the scoop repair? The less I have to take off the better! Anyone have experience with this, or have any tips? Thanks!

BA985D9D-5EB9-408C-AA26-76647205D97F (resized).jpegBA985D9D-5EB9-408C-AA26-76647205D97F (resized).jpeg1AC592C7-D753-4339-8F4B-76BC81170C78 (resized).jpeg1AC592C7-D753-4339-8F4B-76BC81170C78 (resized).jpegDCEBFB6A-AE27-4E5A-8035-561B523BF971 (resized).jpegDCEBFB6A-AE27-4E5A-8035-561B523BF971 (resized).jpeg9657E61C-3376-41AB-8404-7778B70C5E27 (resized).jpeg9657E61C-3376-41AB-8404-7778B70C5E27 (resized).jpeg200773C8-44A3-4867-A8C1-615C7B404535 (resized).jpeg200773C8-44A3-4867-A8C1-615C7B404535 (resized).jpeg8BA2651B-42C3-4AAA-B79A-FB5DBC185810 (resized).jpeg8BA2651B-42C3-4AAA-B79A-FB5DBC185810 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#4760 4 months ago

Crane question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. Sometimes the crane does not drop the ball correctly into the playfield. Every so often I have to raise the crane arm and adjust the lifter screw up a bit. It will play fine for a lot of games, but then I will have to adjust the screw again. Any tips on how keep the screw in place, or is this something that will just have to be adjusted every so often?

Dredd screw (resized).PNGDredd screw (resized).PNG
#4762 4 months ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

I have had the same thing happen to me. Once I got the crane level adjusted correctly , I put some lock-tight on the threads and nut. Havent had to bother with it since

Ok thanks, I’ll maybe give it a try. I better make sure I have it adjusted correctly before I put the lock-tight on!

1 month later
#4781 3 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Yes. I am finishing that mold now. It's a big one! Mold weighs over 40 pounds!

I assume you are talking about the left ramp? Any chance you will make a prototype version? The optos are in a different spot on the prototype one.

#4783 3 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

No knowledge of a prototype version. I intend to reproduce based on the ramp I have. Attached a few photos I took to aid me with part transfer showing the location of the optos on my ramp. If you have any photos showing a different location for any of the optos in the photos below, I would be interested to see.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like the only opto that is in a different spot is the one at the entrance of the left ramp.

DC74E6EF-3325-4B18-888D-BCD7A4C9A260 (resized).jpegDC74E6EF-3325-4B18-888D-BCD7A4C9A260 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4790 75 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks for taking the time to check this out. If you can measure the distance from the top edge of the entrance flap to the edge of the plate under the ramp that holds the opto piece, I could make that version up if buyer specifies they have the prototype placement and want it. I also assume this is an alternate placement for the opto shown at the upper left corner in my photo.
[quoted image]

Sorry I took so much long to reply. Distance from top edge of the entrance ramp is about
3 3/8”. I added pics. And yes this is the alternate placement for the opto shown in the picture you provided. Thanks for attempting to make this ramp. I hope you succeed! I’d be interested in buying.

C9FD98AF-1896-43A6-8651-077D2C82ECCF (resized).jpegC9FD98AF-1896-43A6-8651-077D2C82ECCF (resized).jpegCBBD6EB4-2467-4306-AF9F-DF70FD3656A6 (resized).jpegCBBD6EB4-2467-4306-AF9F-DF70FD3656A6 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 85.00
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigballa81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=bigballa81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.