IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beardorew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1273 8 years ago

Hey everyone. I just recently joined the club. This game can be seriously brutal – especially compared the the WCS I sold to get it – but I'm loving it.

I was wondering what you can hit from the upper right mini flipper. I can only hit the small loop, and occasionally get it half way up the blackout ramp. Is this normal?

#1276 8 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

You should be able to hit the small loop, the blackout ramp, and the sniper tower. If it never makes it up the blackout ramp you may need to do a flipper rebuild. You'll need to align the flipper carefully to get the action you want out of it as well. I like mine so that when you hold the flipper up and the ball comes around the loop it will go right into another loop, not sure if this is the intended setup though.

Thanks. I lifted up the playfield and turns out the flipper was adjusted so it already had half the plunger in the coil and wasn't getting the full range of motion. Fixed that and was able to hit the other stuff up top.

1 week later
#1315 8 years ago

I've got a strange error going on with my Dredd currently. I believe the back right opto on the left ramp is triggering on its own – the game starts a mode immediately and keeps giving credit for making the ramp when I'm just cradled up.

I checked the switched in the test menu and it appears to be working normally – only triggering when i interrupt it.

Anyone have any ideas of what might be going on? Thanks.

3 months later
#1574 7 years ago

Wondering if anyone else has run into this…If I'm in multiball and cradling the left flipper and a ball goes into the left launch lane when the coil fires to autolaunch the ball out my left flipper will pulse and will sometimes completely drop. Is this normal or do i have something odd happening?

#1579 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Does it happen if you hold the left flipper and just bang hard on the left side of the cabinet?
I'm wondering if your flipper opto mech is a little funky and, since it's so close to the solenoid that fires the left auto launch, might cause it to briefly toggle.

I'll have to try it out tomorrow. I did notice last night when I was playing that the strength of the "pulse" is really varied so that may be how strongly its being affected by the solenoid firing each time.

#1592 7 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Does it happen if you hold the left flipper and just bang hard on the left side of the cabinet?
I'm wondering if your flipper opto mech is a little funky and, since it's so close to the solenoid that fires the left auto launch, might cause it to briefly toggle.

Couldn't get the problem to duplicate by banging the side of the cabinet, but after looking at the flipper board and pictures of the left side in this thread i realized that it was a replacement board hacked into place. A previous owner apparently replaced it by removing the entire old left opto assembly and putting in a normal one and cutting the board and rotating it in order to get it to fit. Ordered a replacement from GLM.

2 weeks later
#1627 7 years ago

I just got a new left flipper board from GLM, but I'm having a really hard time getting it to work properly with the interference from the left launch coil. I'll have it set perfect and 1 or 2 games later its out of sorts even when I tape it. Any tips to get it working properly?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beardorew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=beardorew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.