IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baron_vonloppnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3109 4 years ago

Just picked up my first ever pin 4 days ago -- a JD of course! Lovin' it -- so many shots and digging the wide body flow. It plays awesome with zero issues. I also just got the dead world mod from pinbits, and it didn't come with any instructions. I did a quick search and couldn't find any decent instructions out there. Can anyone point me to some guidance? I have zero experience working on pins, but I'm also not a total idiot either. Thx!

#3111 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Simply swap the disc you get for the one in the game, moving the stand-offs to the new ring. Install the new ROM, turn the game on and pray. Go to the crane/Dead World tests and tune if needed using this guide:
http://www.iobium.com/tuning_judge_dredd_for_the_locki.htm
I recommend first tightening everything up if it doesn't work right straight away.

OK....maybe I am an idiot. Where does the ROM get installed? From what I can tell, I believe it is in the U6 slot (currently occupied by the "Game PROM Assembly") of the WPC CPU Board Assembly located behind the backglass / light board. Can you confirm? Again, I am new to this and don't want to start yanking things off of the CPU Board unless I am sure that's the way to go. Also, is there a "right side up"? Looks like it could fit one of two ways...

Thx!

#3113 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

This?[quoted image][quoted image]

Hi Davi - I too am looking for the outlane divider that you show in your pic in post #3085 - left side only. I just noticed that one of the tiny brackets that feature the screw hole is not there, causing the ball to bounce a little as it comes into the flipper. Would be easiest to replace it rather than rig something up or try to weld something. Feel free to reply to me privately if you have something you can still sell.

3 months later
#3241 4 years ago

SEEKING ADVICE -- The Right Popper that pops ball out after hitting the Sniper Tower suddenly stopped working when I installed a replacement opto board for the planet interrupter ring (I've been dealing with other issues to get the Deadworld mod & crane fully operational). I'm guessing something came loose or broke when I raised and lowered the playfield. Now, when a ball enters the Sniper Tower it gets stuck below the playfield and doesn't pop out, effectively killing the play. I've done a little tinkering but am stuck and cannot find a replacement assy (part A-15769) on line. I'm seeking advice before trying anything more radical. Here's what I know:

* The opto seems operational, as when I run Test Mode, it clearly switches on to off when I pass something into the Sniper Tower and through the sensor path just above the right popper

* When I pass something through the opto of the left popper (subway exit), the opto also is operational, and there is a voltage spike measured when I place multimeter leads at the two wire junctions (where the wires attach to the assembly) of the popper assembly when the opto is activated.

* However, there is NO voltage spike measured on the right popper assembly wire junctions when I place leads on them and activate the opto.

* When I run the switch test, the globe twitches when the left popper switch is tested. The globe does nothing (no response) when the right popper switch is tested -- there is zero response seen on the playfield.

* A previous owner soldered one of the right popper wire junctions -- the job appears to be intact, but there is a blob of solder masking the actual connection.

Please pass along any advice you may have to further diagnose -- the pin is pretty much un-playable (and certainly un-fun) without a functioning Sniper Tower. If you have a replacement A-15769, I might be interested in that too.

1 week later
#3245 4 years ago

OK - update on post #3241. I know a few other clues to my "right popper" issue... (1) It isn't just the right popper that isn't working. Other things not working include a non-working diverter that pushes locked ball 3 into the planet, many lights including the "D" of the drop targets, the "PURSUIT" light in the chain, the "MISDEMEANOR" light just below that, add-on stadium lights and add-on LED lights back by trough. I swear the crane magnet isn't as powerful too during the test. (2) I removed all fuses from the power board, tested for resistance with multimeter, and all tested good. (3) After re-installing all fuses and turning the game back on, EVERYTHING started working again......(4) But, 5 plays later all malfunctions simultaneously re-appeared and have stayed.

Can a partially faulty fuse cause multiple random intermittent issues to appear/disappear? Is there something else on the power board I should be checking, or elsewhere? These different malfunctions simultaneously coming and going may be a clue. This is so flippin weird......has something like this happened to any of you?

#3250 4 years ago

gunstarhero, thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what testing a 12v means (pardon my ignorance). Can you elaborate a little? Feel free to reply privately to me if you wish to avoid diluting this thread. Thx!

Quoted from gunstarhero:

Did you test your 12v? When my STTNG was going all nuts it was the cap at C2 had failed and leaked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 37.50
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baron_vonloppnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=baron_vonloppnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.