IMG_1882 (resized).JPG
IMG_1879 (resized).JPG
IMG_1880 (resized).JPG
IMG_1881 (resized).JPG
IMG_4885 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4884 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4883 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1874 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arolden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2590 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Has anyone ever used any LED strips around/behind the topper? All my machines have toppers that light up, and I don't want to leave JD out

Yeah. I used a strip of LEDs which also slots in under the legs of the eagle.

20180204_070825973_iOS (resized).jpg20180204_070825973_iOS (resized).jpg

20180204_162017000_iOS (resized).jpg20180204_162017000_iOS (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#2654 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Still having some issues with my left ramp registering shots that it shouldn't. I did some testing, and I think the left ramp exit is loose/rattling causing the opto for left ramp exit to trigger.
My ramp isn't currently connected to the bracket, but my question is, what piece is supposed to be holding the ramp to that bracket? I'm assuming some sort of spacer? Can someone take a picture of what it should look like?
I tried a zip tie quick, and it was too tight. Pulled the ramp to the cabinet, and the left ramp opto was constantly triggering. So, I'm thinking I have to secure the ramp, adjust the left ramp exit opto, or both.

That's interesting. That hole's not meant to be there.

Make sure the optos are facing each other square on.

1 year later
#3434 4 years ago

Hi guys.

I'm updating the ROMs in my JD and noticed that it is running L2 sound ROMs at U2 and U3. Not L1 or L3, but L2. I have not seen anyone mention this sound ROM revision before. Does anyone know anything about it, or does anyone else have it in their game? I verified that the code is different compared to the L3 ROM.

#3439 4 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Hi guys.
I'm updating the ROMs in my JD and noticed that it is running L2 sound ROMs at U2 and U3. Not L1 or L3, but L2. I have not seen anyone mention this sound ROM revision before. Does anyone know anything about it, or does anyone else have it in their game? I verified that the code is different compared to the L3 ROM.

Just an update on this. The datestamp on my L2 ROMs (12 October) is one day before the datestamp on the L3 ROMs on IPDB (13 October). I am guessing nobody has ever seen this ROM revision before, so I will try and have it uploaded to IPDB.

However, after updating U2 and U3 on the sound board with the L3 ROMs from IPDB, there's a problem. When the game boots up it reads these ROMs as version P1! Anyone else have this issue before? Are the ROMs on IPDB just incorrectly labelled?

#3449 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Frog:

Greetings fellow Judges! Just picked up my second game yesterday and starting to learn how this newer (to me) game is all put together. I plan on starting to tear this thing down so I can get all the dirt and grime cleaned up, working out the small issues my game has to get it sorted 100% and then on to upgrades and customization! The game itself is in really nice shape. The playfield is a solid 9/10 with only couple of slight issues and the cabinet is a good 8/10.
A couple of questions I have: Is the sound kind on these machines normally flat? It doesn't sound like the bottom speaker is putting out a lot of audio. Also, are there any common issues I should scout for to see if they need to be remediated on my machine? I just printed a hard copy of the manual today and got it spiral bound, so I'm starting to go through it, but tips from the community are always appreciated!
[quoted image]

One mod that should be done on all DCS sound boards is removal of unnecessary capacitors. See here: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop#Scratchy_Audio_or_mumbled_speech

#3456 4 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Just an update on this. The datestamp on my L2 ROMs (12 October) is one day before the datestamp on the L3 ROMs on IPDB (13 October). I am guessing nobody has ever seen this ROM revision before, so I will try and have it uploaded to IPDB.
However, after updating U2 and U3 on the sound board with the L3 ROMs from IPDB, there's a problem. When the game boots up it reads these ROMs as version P1! Anyone else have this issue before? Are the ROMs on IPDB just incorrectly labelled?

I still haven't been able to figure this out. My original L2 sound ROMs work fine but L3 ROMs from Pinwiki first read as P1, and now they just give me a sound board interface error. Anyone else had any issues with these ROM files? Or does nobody actually run L3?

1 month later
#3523 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I’ve never understood this line of reasoning. DMD pinball machines were NOT designed to have just a 3-5 year shelf life. Remember, when you walked into an arcade back in the day, there would commonly be SS and even some EM machines in the arcades. When Dredd was released, it could very easily go on location and sit next to a Bally SS from the early 80s.
Ops, for the most part, were just cheap bastards. Whatever could done quickly and for a little money as possible was the normal solution.

Not so sure about that. A friend of mine worked for a large distributor in the 80s and 90s. Technicians would visit them directly from Bally and tell them to get rid of their three-year-old games as they weren't designed to be operated for longer than that. And that was direct from a Bally representative!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus
(Alt) Translites
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arolden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=arolden and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.