IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider accidental.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 11 years ago

One of my favourite attentions to detail is that many sound effects are created using an electric guitar. For example a shot to an unlit Sniper Tower is a nice palm-muted crunch sound effect. And if you tilt out you hear a long dirty pick slide!

#69 11 years ago

How often do you guys get air balls in JD?

Seems like about 50% of the time I hit the JUDGE targets I get an airball. And about 30% of those land on the Air Raid habitrail.

My suspicion is that air balls happen here because the drop targets drop slower than the speed of the ball. The ball rolls up over the top edge of a falling target and the rubbers behind the targets deflect this upward motion leading to an air ball.

I haven't thoroughly cleaned my JUDGE target assembly so perhaps this would alleviate the issue because they'd fall faster.

I have cleaned the assembly enough to have it operating normally as when I got it several targets were so gunked up that they weren't fully dropping. But I haven't fully disassembled it to clean it. I have an all new set of targets so I'll clean it all when I put those in.

I'll be curious to see if I get fewer air balls after I've cleaned and replaced those targets. Or perhaps it has to do with having good strong springs to pull them down. I don't have replacement springs.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

my balls rest right on the lockdown bar.

Is this how you become 'one with the machine'?

#112 11 years ago

My favourite mode is definitely Sniper. I just never get sick of hearing him scream on the way down, and going for a second shot to get the dog to piss on his body is a sweet payoff!

Hardest mode for me is probably Blackout. It doesn't take long to lose one of those two balls and there's no ball saver for it. If I manage to get a cradle separation then I can often hit the Blackout ramp 3 or 4 times from the lower left flipper. The setup of my JD usually sends Blackout ramp balls coming off the raised upper left flipper right over to the right inlanes for another shot at the Blackout ramp.

Battle Tank is great fun, it's very satisfying completing all 3 shots! I always try to bank it off the stand ups and up the Blackout ramp at least once. But it's not the best way because you've still got to get the ball up the left loop afterward. The best way, as has been said, is left loop > Blackout > standups in three successive shots.

I really like Safecracker in that as well as awarding mode points for each hit, you also spot JUDGE letters very quickly. I like to save this mode until after the first multi ball as it is a good way to quickly rack up the three sets of JUDGE required to light all the locks for the second multi ball.

And I'm really liking Pursuit mode at the moment just because I've put red and blue LED flashers on the Pursuit lights and it looks very awesome.

#115 11 years ago

I only get the dog if I also press the red buttons but only if I've hit the sniper twice. Sometimes I'll miss it if there is another animation overlapping. I'm on the latest version, L7 I think.

I actually wonder if my ROM, though it's L7, is different from other people's. My JD is a European reimport.

For regular multiball I get six balls. Super game modes all start with three balls and upon completing JUDGE I get six balls.

Usually on Pinside I read people describing super game modes as starting with two balls and regular multi ball being only four balls.

#118 11 years ago

My optos are all fine, never had any issues and I get no errors. I've talked to one other person who has the same behaviour as mine and I think his is a European reimport also.

#122 11 years ago

I'll check it out. The behaviour has never been intermittent for me.

#127 11 years ago

Deadworld ring looks very interesting in blue I must say.

#134 11 years ago

Dangit! My JD blew a fuse last night and has a short somewhere. Fun times! This will be my first short locate-and-repair. I kinda have no idea what I'm doing.

Now's a good time to do that full shop out I've been putting off

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Finally got my jd working after 3 months finally gonna tear playfield down and clean everything one simple question when I lock the 3 ball for multiball it diverts it into the deadworld and spins round with the ball on it and falls in the left ramp and onto the playfield is that what usually happens or do I have a early Rom ?????
Oh and I don't have to deadworld mod

This is what happens if the JD crane fails to grab the ball for whatever reason. Is your crane working at all? It's a finnicky toy and can be tricky to get working right.

5 months later
#160 10 years ago

I've left the club Just kissed goodbye to my Dredd today.

It was my second pinball and I brought it up from a faulty, tired, dirty, faded and damaged Euro import and sold it to a Dredd fan buying his first pin. It feels good to add value to the pinball world!

IMG_6475.jpgIMG_6475.jpg IMG_6476.jpgIMG_6476.jpg IMG_6478.jpgIMG_6478.jpg IMG_6480.jpgIMG_6480.jpg IMG_6487.jpgIMG_6487.jpg IMG_6489.jpgIMG_6489.jpg

#162 10 years ago

Yeah I'll miss it for sure. On to the next one though!

I spent ages to save up for my first pinball and our budget dictates that I can only spend money within the 'pinball fund'. Since I started I've doubled the amount of money in the fund simply by doing a good job restoring cheap machines and adding value to them. Now I've got two, and hopefully it won't be long until I can get a third, all without adding any more money to the fund since that first purchase. The tough part is that where I live there are almost no local pinballs to buy so I always have to ship, which means the fund takes a $200 hit each time I buy one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider accidental.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=accidental and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.