IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taygeta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#411 9 years ago

Have been in this club a long time and never see myself leaving. Picked up my first JD at the start of 2011. Decent shape, but a faded cab. Sold it with the intention of getting a nicer shape one and that happened a year later. Had no prior experience with the Dredd comic when I got the pin, I just liked the look of it and it was a really cheap game (at the time, I think I got my first one for $1100). Picked up a lot of comics from craigslist and loved it, went back and have bought and read all the case files (collections). Themed the majority of my game room after Dredd, with comics lining it. Got Karl Urban to sign my two theatrical posters at a con this year.temporary-35.jpgtemporary-35.jpg

temporary-34.jpgtemporary-34.jpgtemporary-33.jpgtemporary-33.jpgtemporary-32.jpgtemporary-32.jpgtemporary-31.jpgtemporary-31.jpgtemporary-30.jpgtemporary-30.jpgtemporary-29.jpgtemporary-29.jpg

7 months later
#566 9 years ago

Does the immortal pinside joke "JD is a $1400 game folks" need to be updated to $1800 if it has a colorDMD in it?jdmfw.jpgjdmfw.jpg

Just installed mine and it looks awesome. Took long enough for a game I own to get the ColorDMD treatment.

#572 9 years ago
Quoted from Sniperone:

I am thinking hard about color DMD. I figure it might raise the value as much as $200 - $250. As standard DMD Have a fairly short lifetime and the color LCD should last longer. The rub is that there will be nice LED displays ready soon for $300 or so and they will be awesome too. Now if color DMD folks used rgb LED or even OLED then that would push it over the top for me

Unless you are routing your games, a standard DMD in a home environment will last an absurdly long time. Had the same one in my Jackbot for 5 years and it shows no signs of going out. And it's a pin I play very frequently.

That said the ColorDMD is an awesome upgrade. Completely worth the money imo. If you don't feel that it will add value when you go to sell the games, rip it out and save it for another game. More and more games are being added every month with colorized roms. JD is my first supported ColorDMD game and I plan on buying one for every game I own as they become available. Fingers crossed for Shadow this year.

8 years later
#4735 5 months ago

Anyone redone their JD cabinet with a set from RetroRefurb? I really like the alternate red artwork, just hoping someone has feedback as far as the quality/clarity of the decals

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/judge-dredd-red-alternate-pinball-cabinet-decals/

2 weeks later
#4751 4 months ago
Quoted from roffels:

Just waiting on a chip puller to install the dead world prototype rom, and I need to do something to brighten it up.
[quoted image]

The most recent JD I got had some aftermarket spotlights installed on the slings to light up the middle playfield and it makes a big difference. Mirror blades help light the game up as well.

My first JD with stock incandescents is one of the darkest games I can remember playing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taygeta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=Taygeta and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.