IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2201 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Yeah checked the shooter lane switch with either Rom installed and works in test mode on both. You're right though, if the trough plug/s were an issue then changing Rom wouldn't make a difference, they still would play up. Just ran a full switch/opto test again, first with the normal Rom installed and then with the Dead World Rom installed, results were the same with both Roms.....yet the problem still exists with the Deadworld Rom in multi ball
Super game is still ok but after multi ball is started in regular game the problem arises. In regular game it starts with just the one ball (as per normal), knock the targets down in sequence to start the ball lock mode (as per normal), roll 3 balls into the ring and the machine shoots the 4th ball whilst the crane starts to unload the ring (as per normal) (NOTE* i have checked the crane ball drop manually in switch test just to check that the ball is actually triggering the opto and yup, works), when all 4 balls are in play and you lose 3 it ends BIP (NOT normal). When you start the next BIP the machine throws out several balls into the shooter lane just like it would with a trough opto error
At this stage i can't think of anything else to do but perhaps get some after market trough boards and see if that changes anything, if the Rom can't go bad there's no point in buying another Dead World Mod ( for another L1AT Rom). I've had this machine for a few years now, even bought another project machine, restored and fixed that one up and sold it. This is the weirdest, seemingly unexplainable issue i have encountered so far

I'll note that my Dredd has been doing 100% exactly as you've noted in your posts (since I installed the Deadworld mod with L1AT). I figured it was an opto/trough issue that I'd delve into at some point, but now I'm wondering otherwise. Hmmm.

4 months later
#2361 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

SO, I finally figured out the opto/crane/trough/multiball problem so many of us have been having ( mancave most recently). Or, if nothing else, I got us another step closer to figuring it out.
Initially, I thought it must be the troughs, so I fixed, then replaced those. No dice.
Then, months ago, I (thought I) solved my problem by re-soldering the crane opto connections, but I think what actually happened is I must have physically moved the optos further out, causing them to trigger fully.
Recently, it has been having the problem again (multiball ending early, next ball firing out too many balls, etc), and, fed up, I spent a lot of time fiddling with it and came up with the solution of physically moving the optos further out to cause them to trigger sooner. I think the issue is that the optos do not fully trigger when the ball is passing through (despite them successfully triggering in tests), thus causing it not to register. I have no idea why this works, but it works.
TL;DR: If your JD ends multiballs early and then kicks out too many balls, it may be time for you to put a ring on it (or 40, in my case...10 small washers on each screw, and longer screws).

Thanks for this suggestion. It may very well be the fix for my deadworld mod as well

#2363 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Excellent! Let us know if it doesn't work.

Well, seems Dredd has decided to give me a greater issue to deal with, so this one will be on hold.

Game started giving me the "Dredded" double-flip reset issue (something I was able to simply fix on my BK with new caps), but then while repeating the reset on purpose, the game stopped (didn't fully reset--read ball one on the DMD and essentially paused, no longer responding to flips) and deadworld kept spinning, then I noticed the right lower flipper was locked on...I shut off the game and turn it back on and then have no more lower left flipper function--thus, the double-flip no longer leads to a reset. Everything else working fine (including the right flipper that locked on).

Switches all test good in relation to the flipper, and all fuses "look" good at first glance. Not sure if this could be caused by bad diodes or not. If there's any chance this could be an issue on the power driver board, I do have a spare I could swap in to help diagnose. Otherwise, I presume I'd be looking at the fliptronics board. Well, pinball ownership as usual it seems

#2373 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Well, seems Dredd has decided to give me a greater issue to deal with, so this one will be on hold.
Game started giving me the "Dredded" double-flip reset issue (something I was able to simply fix on my BK with new caps), but then while repeating the reset on purpose, the game stopped (didn't fully reset--read ball one on the DMD and essentially paused, no longer responding to flips) and deadworld kept spinning, then I noticed the right lower flipper was locked on...I shut off the game and turn it back on and then have no more lower left flipper function--thus, the double-flip no longer leads to a reset. Everything else working fine (including the right flipper that locked on).
Switches all test good in relation to the flipper, and all fuses "look" good at first glance. Not sure if this could be caused by bad diodes or not. If there's any chance this could be an issue on the power driver board, I do have a spare I could swap in to help diagnose. Otherwise, I presume I'd be looking at the fliptronics board. Well, pinball ownership as usual it seems

Current update:

I pulled the lower left coil and everything seemed to check out good. I replaced the diodes anyway.

While fuse F904 looked good, I discovered it only got +50 on one side, and pulling the fuse confirmed it was bad.

I replaced that fuse and the game is back to resetting on a double flip, which shouldn't be too hard to figure out (I was mostly confused with the left flipper going dead when reproducing the reset). Not quite sure why that fuse went (no burn at all where it broke).

EDIT: Still a mystery on the fuse, but for now my reset issue seems to be fixed by merely re-seating all the driver board connections. Almost disappointing when a fix is that easy I'll have to make a trip to the hardware store next to try out the deadworld fix

#2375 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I'm a bit lost on the deadworld washer fix. What is the issue that it fixes? I know currently, my Deadworld will lock a ball and then not give me a new one.

Seems you have a different issue (do you have the plastic trough liner installed that comes with the mod?--I've read that could cause your issue). With the Deadworld mod, if the opto doesn't see all the balls being dropped off the crane, then multiball will end early, then dump extra balls into the shooter lane on the next ball. Seems the washer suggestion (perhaps in addition to bending the inlet bracket) should increase the chance that the balls are properly seen by the opto.

#2380 6 years ago

I'll post it soon, but for now if anyone is interested, I've made a thread for an interactive Sniper Tower mod (short clip and other details in the thread): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-development-thread

EDIT: It is now available here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led (as always, any interest is appreciated).

Dredd3 (resized).jpgDredd3 (resized).jpg
Dredd2 (resized).jpgDredd2 (resized).jpg

#2391 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

5 mins to install. Great interactive mod!

Hopefully it goes as smooth for everyone else

For those that wanted to see other colors in action, I just uploaded blue and yellow:

3 months later
#2526 6 years ago
Quoted from Kas24:

Sniper Tower and Dead world mods. I love them both! They really add to the game.

Quoted from Kas24:

Great mod!! Nice job. I love mine.

Just seeing these now. Always thrilled to see positive feedback on my mods, and I appreciate the recommendation Thank you.

2 months later
#2728 5 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Who is the individual that makes it then? I don't mind paying and have someone else make it

I appreciate the interest. I developed and make the Sniper Tower mod. Several imteractive window insert colors to choose from. Hand painted, wired, etc. (comes with paper instructions--takes just minutes to install) : https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led

1 month later
#2802 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Just installed the interactive JD Sniper mod from Medisinyl. Took 2 minutes to install and it looks aaammmazing!!!
Thanks Greg!!!

Thank you Chip! The orange looks awesome, and thus far, you're the only one to request that color--the vast majority have been yellow or white.

4 months later
#2882 5 years ago

Just a heads up that the Sniper Tower mod is on sale for the first time. Down to $69.99 until Sunday night. May be a bit of a delay on shipping as I've sold out of the ones I had parts on hand for, but it shouldn't be too long of a wait. Thanks again to the those that have supported this mod over the last year

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led

2 weeks later
#2888 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

+1!!! This mod is awesome.
I installed this mod earlier this year with orange sniper light. I couldn't imagine the game without it now. Looks perfect. Easy install. Badass addition.
Thanks again medisinyl !!

I appreciate the positive feedback!

Just added a Christmas charity auction to eBay for a "1 of 1" gold brick (Die Hard 3) edition of this mod. 100% of the proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. ebay.com link: Judge Dredd Sniper Tower Pinball Mod Limited 1 of 1 Charity auction (STARTING AT $0.01)

I've also added a "Die Hard" edition of the red brick mod for anyone that would like the enhanced RGB lighting, chrome window, sharper insert image (and the optional addition of the Quasar bulb [under the fence] to any version). https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led

20181213_152211 (resized).jpg20181213_152211 (resized).jpg20181213_152220 (resized).jpg20181213_152220 (resized).jpg20181213_152239 (resized).jpg20181213_152239 (resized).jpg20181213_152647 (resized).jpg20181213_152647 (resized).jpg20181213_152711 (resized).jpg20181213_152711 (resized).jpg

63231 (resized).jpg63231 (resized).jpg

#2889 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I appreciate the positive feedback!
Just added a Christmas charity auction to eBay for a "1 of 1" gold brick (Die Hard 3) edition of this mod. 100% of the proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. ebay.com link » Judge Dredd Sniper Tower Pinball Mod Limited 1 Of 1 Charity Auction (STARTING AT $0.01)
I've also added a "Die Hard" edition of the red brick mod for anyone that would like the enhanced RGB lighting, chrome window, sharper insert image (and the optional addition of the Quasar bulb [under the fence] to any version). https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Charity Auction ends in about 17 hours (100% goes to ACS). Thanks again to those that have bid thus far, and good luck if you're aiming to win

Just made a quick video to show how the new (red brick) version looks (and what to expect for the gold version). Starts in attract mode. Perfect for anyone that couldn't decide on a color

1 month later
#2952 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

congrats!
Would score a sniper tower mod. Easy install, well constructed and looks awesome, IMO. Fella that makes them delivers it fast to you with your choice of color and follows this thread ( medisinyl ).
Other than that, some side blade art from Pingraffix, and with the above, sounds like you'll have a hell of a game!

Glad you're enjoying the mod, and I appreciate the suggestion

Adding the link here to make it a bit easier in case there's interest.

Shop link: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led

Mod thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-development-thread

10 months later
#3438 4 years ago

Just a fair heads up here for visibility.

I've called a last run on my Sniper Tower mod that I recently pulled from the shop (details in post #62: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-development-thread/page/2#post-5410988 ).

Seems like there's enough interest to make one last run to give a fair shot to those that want in before permanently discontinuing it (will make 1-3 extra over actual interest, and that will be it once those are gone). Just post interest in the mod thread and I'll get you on the list. Thanks again to everyone that helped support this mod and gave positive feedback over the last couple years it's been around

#3446 4 years ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

I just completed my Cooling Tower mod. Thanks to all those before me : Soapman, Mancave, phillymadison, Cheese_wizardPQ, Rockrandand Ragefactory I made a 3D file and printed mine using translucent red PLA. I cut a mask for the numbers and primed, had to really apply it think to make it block light. I then airbrushed color to match the gray of the original 2D plastics. I put a warm single SMD LED bulb in each. The wall of the 3d print are thick so I could predrill and use screws. I used very fine screws to fasten the towers to the playfield plastic. I have them wired to the GI, but might switch them to 12v leds and a flasher circuit later.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look amazing. Makes me wish I still had my JD

1 month later
#3497 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Frog:

For those of you that have a colorDMD in your machine, did you choose the LCD or LED version, and why? I'm going to get one here soon for my Dredd, but I'm not sure which one I want to get. I've seen both and LED works well for some games and LCD for others. Can you post some pics?

I highly recommend LCD for Judge Dredd. I went LED when I had mine, based on how much I like it in Dracula, but I believe the high res smoothing on the LCD is the way to go for the JD comic style.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=Medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.