IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Harvs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#302 10 years ago

New Dredd owner here!! LOVE THE GAME!!

This is my first pin, and have a few questions. Had a few drunken buddies over recently and noticed a few things. *(I recently rebuilt the flippers, LED'd the entire machine, replaced a gear on the Deadworld shaft, and did a basic clean-up of the PF).

Q1 - After playing a few (6 or so) games in a row, I noticed the flippers lose some power, not limp or unable to make it up ramps (almost unable), they just get about 1/3 weaker., I especially notice the upper left flipper because it has a hard time looping the ball around the upper PF. The coils are warm, but not overly hot or anything. - I could fry an egg on the power supply though.., Normal? Hungry?

Q2 - Is there a write-up or vid to see exactly how the chains/missions should work while the Deadworld is activated to lock balls? Like, if I am trying to complete the 'pursuit' or 'manhunt' while that is running, it simply diverts and locks the ball rather then stay on that particular chain/mission. So basically I can not finish the chain/mission 'IF' the Deadworld is on. If its off, all plays normally.

Q3 - Is there a secret place to find JD parts/plastics etc? Does becoming a JD member allow me to know the secret? - I've called places, searched the web, offered a kidney to a fellow JD owner, no luck.. I have a few cracked plastics that I would like to replace along with a ramp or 2.

Q4 - What angle do you set your JD at? 6.5? And do you use the 'pinguy' app? I wanna dial this beast in and just want to verify what I have read.

Sorry if my Pin lingo is a bit off, new to the Pin hobby/lifestyle!

Cheers!
Harvs

JD3.JPGJD3.JPG JDa.JPGJDa.JPG
#307 10 years ago

Wow, a lot of info.

Nosro - I did read up and watch a few vids on how a EOS should work on this. Basically it should make contact at the end to reduce the power to just hold the ball. I slightly bent the new ones to do so. The coils themselves don't heat up like the power supply in the cabinet. Could an old power supply lose power or be inefficient once heated from play? Are they available if so?

GOV- Strategy is the way to avoid that then. I was just curious if that was the proper way it should work. Thanks again!

O-Din- I have what looks to be an original flipper opto on the left (metal), and a plastic on the right. I did use a Q-tip with a little windex and gently cleaned them. Surprisingly, they were very clean, just a little dust on the Q-tip when finished. - Thanks

Viper - Will read up on the links. Thanks! - I guess I will be flying to Australia asap to hunt down some plastics. I do have a spare 'Stake Out' ramp in good clean condition, a 'Black Out' ramp and a few others that came with the machine, I guess they are worth their weight in gold! Ha.. I am going to divert my savings to JD plastics and ramps rather then a 401k. My 'Air Raid' ramp has a crack that is taped together, and my plastics by the upper left flipper are shatty.

Thanks again Viper / fellas.
Harvs

#309 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I have a pretty decent EXTRA Air Raid ramp with one tiny crack by the underneath mounting hole that goes through the flap on the entrance. Shouldn't affect anything. If anybody is interested.

I'll PM ya in a sec.

#328 10 years ago

I know there are a few choices on apron info cards, but I whipped this one up at lunch to match the other that I found here. (Thanks to whomever made the "I am the Law!" card.) - I am also making another set to kinda match the apron itself.. Not sure how good that will look, but worth a lunch break or two.

I will add the high-res JPG file. - It's print ready, and includes both cards. (I haven't uploaded a file here yet, so let me know if there are any size issues.)

Harvs

JDinfo.JPGJDinfo.JPG JDinfoc.jpgJDinfoc.jpg
#332 10 years ago

I was asked if I could add a few more apron cards. Here are 2 others that match the color gradient, yet one that is more like the original. - This file is sized and ready for print.. (Any sizing issues after upload lmk. Or if you want a PSD/photoshop file so you can manipulate it, PM me.)

Again, thanks to the person that made the 'I AM THE LAW' card.

Cheers,
Harvs

JDopt.jpgJDopt.jpg
1 month later
#368 9 years ago
Quoted from StrangelovePhD:

What does the question mark target on the left hand side do?

I'm sure a Guru will answer in more detail.. But hit it while during 'missions' and it'll complete them or add to them.. Like, it will complete all 3 reactors during 'Meltdown' or it'll add another lit letter (normally 2. Will make 3 light.) during 'Impersonator'..

I'm not sure what it does for all of them, I plan on finding out once my JD is back from a shop job.

Harvs

1 week later
#385 9 years ago

I used a spare flipper button part/thingy I had to make them feel the same.. I know it's kinda dogsh!t, but it took me about half a brew to get dialed in..

JDf.JPGJDf.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Harvs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=Harvs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.