IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Devilsmuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2120 7 years ago

Love my Dredd!

Judge Death pic (resized).jpgJudge Death pic (resized).jpg

2 years later
#3431 4 years ago

Welcome and congrats- lookin good.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

In the club! LEDs, ColorDMD, Deadworld Mod and Topper.
[quoted image]

2 weeks later
#3444 4 years ago

I just completed my Cooling Tower mod. Thanks to all those before me : Soapman, Mancave, phillymadison, Cheese_wizardPQ, Rockrandand Ragefactory I made a 3D file and printed mine using translucent red PLA. I cut a mask for the numbers and primed, had to really apply it think to make it block light. I then airbrushed color to match the gray of the original 2D plastics. I put a warm single SMD LED bulb in each. The wall of the 3d print are thick so I could predrill and use screws. I used very fine screws to fasten the towers to the playfield plastic. I have them wired to the GI, but might switch them to 12v leds and a flasher circuit later.

JD Cooling Tower3 (resized).jpgJD Cooling Tower3 (resized).jpgJD Cooling Tower 2 (resized).jpgJD Cooling Tower 2 (resized).jpgJD Coolling Towers 1 (resized).jpgJD Coolling Towers 1 (resized).jpgJD Cooling Towers4 (resized).jpgJD Cooling Towers4 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3529 4 years ago

I might make my design available for sale once I redo the towers in Fusion360 to make a few more design changes to make it more user friendly. I don't plan on having anything for at least a few weeks though.

IMG_20200119_152447 (resized).jpgIMG_20200119_152447 (resized).jpgIMG_20200119_152603 (resized).jpgIMG_20200119_152603 (resized).jpg
#3532 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Awesome towers! Possible to change that red to bright Green?

Yes bright green will definitely be a possibility.

2 weeks later
#3554 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

15 years for crane mod but no Deadworld mod.

I never thought we needed a mod for Deadworld except to make it a little sturdier so that the threads didnt strip out or slip when you are putting back together.

1 week later
#3593 4 years ago

Hey I just wanted to let people know, as there was some interest when I last posted some pics of my cooling towers. I have redesigned them for the better. They take a long time to print and the finishing process is quite time consuming but installation is pretty easy and the glow is awesome. Hope you like them. They are up in the market.
Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1134-devilsmuse-arcade/03628-judge-dredd-lighted-cooling-towers

Cooling Tower closeup insatll green (resized).jpgCooling Tower closeup insatll green (resized).jpg
#3598 4 years ago
Quoted from ChiTownPinHead:

What happens when you hook into the "meltdown" bulb with leds? They should flicker the whole time instead of when the meltdown bulb is lit. Correct?

ChiTownPinHead, you are correct when LEDS ( non ghosting) are connected to the meltdown insert they flicker constantly with an occasional "ON" then flicker again. So incandescents are the only easy way to get around this.

2 weeks later
#3644 4 years ago
Quoted from ggravesfamily:

lower right flipper coil - can someone send me a pic of the 3 soldered wires, I have to install flipper coil and want to ensure wires are correct

Here you go . Hope it helps. Also note there is no diode on this coil so yours shouldn't either.
IMG_20200425_092821 (resized).jpgIMG_20200425_092821 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3660 3 years ago

I bought my JD in 1994, it was pulled from a route. Is in mint condition .My eagle has metal flakes , I am pretty sure it's original. His photos look just like mine does.

3 weeks later
#3677 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

devilsmuse, thank you for these awesome towers! One thing I didn't notice from the pictures was that the numbers protrude from the tower, such a great detail! There's a couple of other hand painted details I appreciated as well. There's a subtle shadow under the top rim of the tower, the hand painted cracks compliment the comic book drawings of the artwork. Well done!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Killborn, thanks so much for your feedback. I love seeing your Towers in the "wild". Yes the hardest part of making this mod are the raised numbers but I think its all worth it in the end when you turn JD on. You've got a really nice machine there. I got to say I'm liking your blue Deadworld dome. You have inspired me to look into doing that for my Judge Dredd....Play on

4 months later
#3793 3 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Im curious .
Are all dredd owners running blue williams coils FL-11629 on lower flippers ?
If not what are you using ?
I've done flipper kits / bushings / coils .. My right flipper just never seems likes its hitting full strength...

FL-11629 are what I have on my game. Right flipper to left ramp shot can be a finnicky shot if you don't hit the ramp just right it sometimes falls back down onto the playfield.

2 months later
#3874 3 years ago

j-9 and j-11 are not used on that connector you are holding.

Quoted from durgee7:

Hey Guys,
Can anyone confirm if a Gray-Yellow wire for J1-11 (at 7 ball Trough Photo Transistor PCB Assembly) is required? The manual shows a Gray-Yellow wire for 12V from Power Driver Board J118-2. Just wondering if this is having a negative effect on the ball trough. My new board and IR LED'S arrive this Thursday.
Thank you!
[quoted image][quoted image]

2 months later
#3933 3 years ago
Quoted from Preacher:

H!
I wrote a question in a new thread but got very little response. So I’m bluntly posting it again here, hoping that the other post just drown .
I should of course post it here from the start.
Hi!
When I position the playfield against the backbox it rests directly against the Caution, Emergency Vehicle Exit plastics. Its looks like there is just a matter of time until it snaps. Is it supposed to do that?
The plastic itself looks weird. Its positioned much higher up then the left counterpart (missile launch) which sits snug againts the playfield. The right Vehicle exit is elevated on longer screws for some reason. Anyone knows why? this elevated position is what cause it to rest on the backbox when the playfield is upright.
Anyone who has a solution for this? Im at a point when I am prone to remove the plastics everytime I lift the playfield.
/J

Preacher that is exactly the way my machine has been since day one. Yes just be careful when you lift the playfeild up and very slowly , carefully let it come to rest on the head. The plastic will bend a bit from the weight but after owning this machine for nearly 27 years , I have never broken that plastic

4 weeks later
#4009 3 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

So has anyone NOT dialed in their Deadworld? Ive monkeyed with mine for three straight days and there seems to be slop in every direction and the ball can't stop being dragged across the disk and dropping or being hit by the dead world disk before it moves out of the way and starts spinning again. It shouldn't be this difficult.

I don't mean to be condescending when I ask, but this happened to me. I was monkeying with trying to get the crain to pick up the ball and not drag it across the ring etc just like what you are experiencing. Is your coin door closed or do you have that clip installed that enables the high power for coils and motors during testing? I did not and I was cursing up a storm making adjustments after adjust and no good results Until I used the clip and it worked perfectly.
Just asking

#4011 3 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

Not condescending at all! The door is open. I will attempt it again tomorrow. Im on the verge of just selling the game if I can't get this to work. Correct me if Im wrong, but if the optos dont sense the ball being dropped, it continues to think its in multi-ball correct?

Ibis I am not an expert but if the optos never get triggered by the ball dropping and it thinks there is a ball , it will keep cycling until it finds one.. You could test this by interrupting the beam of the opto that is triggered by a ball dropping.

What I was originally referring to was the yellow clip that you manually attached to the top button that is depressed by the coin door closed. The top button interrupts the high voltage to the game when the coin door is open so you need to use the clip to keep it depressed to insure high power to the coils. Without the high power the magnet will never have enough power to pick up the ball instead it just randomly drags it around. And yes my globe has a little play in it as if there is slippage but its only about 1/8" to 1/2" measuring from a balls position on the ring.

IMG_20210331_211522 (resized).jpgIMG_20210331_211522 (resized).jpgIMG_20210331_211605 (resized).jpgIMG_20210331_211605 (resized).jpg
10 months later
#4292 2 years ago
Quoted from Harrumph:

I don't think it automatically kicks out a new ball for ball search, at least on mine it doesn't. I've had the ball get stuck in the subway trough before I leveled it properly, and it would just keep kicking looking for the ball.
The balls do stay on Deadworld with the mod installed, it remembers how many are on there and does a virtual lock until it gets to an open spot. It will clear them out if you restart the machine, but I prefer to just run a super game as a more fun method to clear it.

Yup I do the same . OCD I guess but I always play a Super game to clear up the ring before I shut down the game

1 month later
#4313 2 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

Thanks, I will keep that in mind.
I discovered the globe moves slowly whenever the magnet is on. The magnet is weak because it loses power to the globe motor. That's obviously a bad connection somewhere since my friend confirmed it does not happen on his machine. I will continue to look for the electric problem tonight.

Also you may have aready done this , but check and make sure you use that coin door clip that presses and keeps the high power button down as if the coin door is closed and allows the high power going to the coils and motors. Without it installed the crane magnet and globe motor will not have enough power to function properly. Good luck.

If this isn't something you have covered already go to my post #4011, where I posted a picture of the clip I am referring too.

8 months later
#4512 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

The crane needs to be adjusted too. Currently it will just bump into the side of the cabinet. At least I know it moves.

Also ( from experience) make sure with the door open the High Power circuit is active by using the interlock thing is installed. I cant remember what exactly its called but unless the high power circuit is active the crane will bump into the planet or the ball its carrying will fall off with the lightest touch of the ring.No matter how you adjust it. I monkeyed around with the thing for hours before I realized the interlock was not installed, Doh!

2 months later
#4598 1 year ago
Quoted from trolldownstairs:

Welp, leaving the club (ish). Had to make roome for Twilight Zone, and my father in law said he would like to have JD. As such, I'll still get to visit it
[quoted image]

Well congrats.Keeping it in the family !! That's a great way to make room for another wide-body!

5 months later
#4695 7 months ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

The cooling towers made by Devilsmuse are amazing. They’re well made and fill the space perfectly. Thanks again!
[quoted image]

Wow didn't take you long to install ! Looks awesome.

3 weeks later
#4704 6 months ago

As I remember there is an opto used to operate the crane motor . Its in the black plastic "flywheel" under the playfield. The opto is interrupted by a notch in the flywheel as it is rotating and passes through .

Quoted from Shaker:

It's not cheap ($420), but Marcospec has the improved Judge Dredd Planet Motor back in stock.
- Mark

Downvote for the price but upvote for posting

2 months later
#4761 4 months ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Crane question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. Sometimes the crane does not drop the ball correctly into the playfield. Every so often I have to raise the crane arm and adjust the lifter screw up a bit. It will play fine for a lot of games, but then I will have to adjust the screw again. Any tips on how keep the screw in place, or is this something that will just have to be adjusted every so often?
[quoted image]

I have had the same thing happen to me. Once I got the crane level adjusted correctly , I put some lock-tight on the threads and nut. Havent had to bother with it since

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Devilsmuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=Devilsmuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.