IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BeeGeeMtl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3542 4 years ago

Finally joined the club last week. Had some basic issues which we fixed, and upgraded to color DMD, but two issues remain...

1) The left flipper was very weak when I got it. Tried to fix, but nothing helped so I just ordered a brand new "flipper kit" from Pinball Life ( Flipper Rebuild Kit - Williams/Bally 08/1993-10/1998 ) and replaced it. Worked fine...for about 5 minutes but now it's back to being the same weak-ass flipper as before (doesn't get up right ramp ever, barely pushes ball). The coil was a new one, from its appearance. Any idea what the issue may be at this point??

2) The only speaker that worked when I got it was the one under the playfield. But it was almost pure bass, couldn't hear much. The 2 top speakers weren't working at all. My friend noticed a short in the left speaker (two wires sticking out, seem to have touched the inside of speaker, looked fried). Once again, I went ahead and ordered a brand new speaker set from Flipper Fidelity ( Williams/Bally Complete Replacement Speaker System for WPC93/DCS Machines ) and replaced them entirely but once again, the top speakers STILL don't work. My friend checked all the fuses and they were all in working order. When we switched the connector from the bottom speaker to the top speakers, they worked, but then the bottom one didn't work. Any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks!

#3545 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Frog:

You may have to check the TDA2030A amp transistor on the sound board. I had one that was bad on mine which was causing the sub to not work.

Checked this and it was okay.

#3546 4 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Do that. Best use an oscilloscope to trace back the audio signal path and see where it stops showing up. There are a couple of opamps for filtering before the TDA power amp though the TDA was likely fried by the short at your speakers.
As for the flipper problem: Check your Fliptronic board and the wiring from there to the coils. Sounds like your power stroke gets lost. Could be any part in the circuit for that winding, however most likely it's the TIP102.

For the speaker, we went through the entire board but couldn't find shit that was problematic.

For the flipper, my friend came over today (yes, some people are still doing that, hehe) and he checked the voltage on the 4 flippers and they all showed around 46 (they're all 50v) EXCEPT for the left flipper with the issues, which only showed it working at 30v (when game was on). It was also "warming up" to the touch, much faster/hotter than the other 3 flippers. Would you assume that means there's a SHORT in the coil for that flipper and to replace the coil at this point? (it's a blue coil)

3 weeks later
#3609 4 years ago

I'm still having problems with my left flipper. Almost no power. We replaced it with a new flipper kit. Still the same. We removed the optos and cleaned them up, still the same issue (doesn't go up right ramp at all). Someone told us to try and SWITCH SIDES for the optos but that doesn't look like it would work as they are 2 different optos and seemingly meant to be on their proper side (see pics below). Any suggestions?

IMG_3485 (resized).JPGIMG_3485 (resized).JPGIMG_3486 (resized).JPGIMG_3486 (resized).JPG
#3611 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

JD has a unique and hard to replace left flipper opto board, but you should still be able to plug in the right board to test even if you can't actually install it.

Thanks so you're suggesting we "test it" to see if the opto is the problem so that we can order a new one if that's the case, right?

2 months later
3 months later
#3766 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Always loved the look of this game. Has anyone done a custom PinSound mix which includes the Anthrax tune, and/or clips from the movie?

I too would appreciate this!

3 weeks later
#3796 3 years ago

Hey everyone! I was looking to powder-coat the JUDGE DREDD legs, what color would you guys suggest? Also, if you know of any online pictures of other JDs that have power-coat already, I've love to check them out since I'm more of a "visual" guy. Thanks!

2 months later
#3900 3 years ago

Loving my Dredd, but one part of the playfield that always bothered me was the mechanics of the Deadworld always staring you in the face, not very pretty (left orbit shot, right where the balls are picked up/magnetized). Can anyone point me in the direction of a cool MOD to place in front of those mechanics? I thought a MEGACITY ONE sign would be amazing right there. Anyone have something else blocking that stuff? Thanks!

IMG_4620 (resized).JPGIMG_4620 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BeeGeeMtl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tu=BeeGeeMtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.