IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
53617683536_dcd9ed6677_o (resized).jpg
dredd5 (resized).jpg
dredd4 (resized).jpg
dredd3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "Switch 32".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1826 7 years ago

For billsfanmd and parsec. O.K.O.K.O.K. I finally got to open my Judge Dread.

1) switch # 67 is on the LEFT Ramp!!! not the right ramp. you guys are playing with an added opto that was removed from production!!!!!

Note: NOT USED
2) Grey- Green
__Orange-Green

3) check lower left back side of playfield.
a) Switch #62 ( 5 inline Molex connector, grey-red...orange-red) Globe Exit
b) Switch #66 ( 4 inline Molex connector, grey-blue...orange-blue) center ramp exit
c) Switch #67 ( 6 pin Molex housing, grey-violet...orange-violet) left ramp top entrance
4) Switch #65 not used ( 4 inline Molex connector,
___grey-green...orange-green) bottom right ramp entrance.
5) Switch #32 not used ( unknown Molex connector,
___ grey-???...orange-???) bottom left ramp entrance.

you need the prototype software in order to activate that one particular switch and it may not work in self-test mode, but might make the motorcycle sound during gameplay.

#1838 7 years ago

To be clear, this switch is working and registers as #32 but I still get a #67 error.

Quoted from billsfanmd:

Vector. Thx for help. Thst sw in upper left shows up as 32 and works. So all working So how can We get game to not show a 67 error ?

15491463_10154667885831211_1495956748_o (resized).jpg15491463_10154667885831211_1495956748_o (resized).jpg

4 months later
#2151 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I think that opto is still the same number on the switch test as the one on my machine (67), go into switch test and block the opto with your finger. If it doesn't register, any broken wires? has the opto's come unplugged underneath the playfield?

ok so I went to the switch test and it says switch 32 is indeed the correct switch for the left right enter as my machine is a prototype - switch 67 says "not used" in the test. When I put my hand in between the optos for switch 32 nothing happend. I put my finger on the right side opto and moved it around a little and got a bit of a reading, I turned off the game and cleaned them a bit more, did the test again and nothing this time, even when I moved the right opto a bit. I did notice a little bit of frayed wire on the left opto - so that could be the problem, but I'm pretty confident that switch 32 is the problem. What is the best way to access the wires and the optos for this? They are in a pretty tricky spot, on the bottom of the playfeild the trough assembly and Deadworld motor are really in a the way and looks like the Deadworld and left ramp would have to be taken off to access the optos from the top. I assume there is no other way around this, but any help would be much appricated. Also thanks to all that have helped me so far!

IMG_5131 (resized).JPGIMG_5131 (resized).JPG

IMG_5134 (resized).JPGIMG_5134 (resized).JPG

IMG_5133 (resized).JPGIMG_5133 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#2186 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Check all the switches on the switch test. Optos should all be closed and the rest open.

All switches look good except switch 32 which has always shown in the wrong state. I have a feeling this is a leftover error from a switch that was never put in the game though as the manual switch diagram shows switch 32 existing in a place where there is no switch and labels it 'not used' in two other areas. I assume switch 67 is the 'real' 'LEFT RMP ENTER' switch further up the ramp.

I messed with it a bit and now the rings aren't turning consistently so now they might've gotten mis-aligned with the planet. I'll just try and rebuild the whole thing and hopefully that solves all the problems.

IMG_8540 (resized).JPGIMG_8540 (resized).JPG

FullSizeRender (1) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (1) (resized).jpg

IMG_8537 (resized).JPGIMG_8537 (resized).JPG

FullSizeRender (2) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (2) (resized).jpg

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg

3 years later
#3819 3 years ago

Well I have noticed that the problem is the switch 67 (left ramp enter) It works in switch test, but said “NOT USED”, so when I play it doesn’t, so the diverter doesn’t work either. I have read that originally it suposed to be switch 32 that makes the diverter funcional, thats why the mod board turn the 67 into 32... I don’t know how to turn 67 in 32 in other way. Any help appeciated

10 months later
#4142 2 years ago

Dear JD owners,
I have the L1AT rom, the ring, replaced both of them. Guess what happened? Nothing changed.
Oh, no, after the second virtual lock the third ball "locked" virtually too... Great.
I have checked the diverter and the left ramp optos, they are working fine! Except in the test the left ramp optos switch 67 says "not used". But it is working.
So, now I have the DW mod, but unusable...
I have read something about the switch 67/32 problem, but everywhere said that the DW mod is working fine without any further modifications.
Btw I have a normal production game (left ramp opto is halfway up on the ramp, no gunner just crosshairs on the snipertower).

#4143 2 years ago
Quoted from denzo:

Dear JD owners,
I have the L1AT rom, the ring, replaced both of them. Guess what happened? Nothing changed.
Oh, no, after the second virtual lock the third ball "locked" virtually too... Great.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"490bd55705ad5e0660d6f8d571aa97e946ca52aa-1631953612-1800"};
//]]>

I have checked the diverter and the left ramp optos, they are working fine! Except in the test the left ramp optos switch 67 says "not used". But it is working.
So, now I have the DW mod, but unusable...
I have read something about the switch 67/32 problem, but everywhere said that the DW mod is working fine without any further modifications.
Btw I have a normal production game (left ramp opto is halfway up on the ramp, no gunner just crosshairs on the snipertower).

http://www.iobium.com/judge_dredd_locking_ring_mod.htm

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tq=Switch+32&tu=

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tq=Switch+67&tu=

#4144 2 years ago
Quoted from Automata90:

Well I have noticed that the problem is the switch 67 (left ramp enter) It works in switch test, but said “NOT USED”, so when I play it doesn’t, so the diverter doesn’t work either. I have read that originally it suposed to be switch 32 that makes the diverter funcional, thats why the mod board turn the 67 into 32... I don’t know how to turn 67 in 32 in other way. Any help appeciated

Quoted from KoP:

You don't need an additional board but you do need a different game ROM: L1AT.

I am in the same situation as in Automata90.
No solution. Could someone - who has a NORMAL production machine - confirm, that the DW mod only works with an additional opto board?
If it is the case than it is not true that a L1AT rom and a modificated ring is enough for a proper - originally planned - working Deadworld.
It seems, that the L1AT rom programmed for a prototype machine, which had a switch 32 - at the start of the left ramp - that activate the diverter. Later (normal production) machines has switch 67 (halfway up on the left ramp) which is activated the diverter after the second virtual lock ball, instead of switch 32.

Deny it if it is not true.

1 month later
#4191 2 years ago
Quoted from KoP:

That's an unusual switch error on a normal production machine.
In switch test, if you test the left ramp entry switch, what switch name/number is displayed on the DMD?
Does the diverter work in coil test?

Switch 67
As you see on my photos, it says "not used". But switch 32 is the left ramp enter.
Which switch is not exists on my machine...
The diverter is working fine.
So, it seems that the software is "not compatible" with my machine.
The switch 32/67 dilemma...
The software is waiting to switch 32 to activate the diverter but there is no switch 32, instead there is 67. Which is activate the diverter in later roms. Catch 22.
IMG_20211029_170511 (resized).jpgIMG_20211029_170511 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211029_170539 (resized).jpgIMG_20211029_170539 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211029_170733 (resized).jpgIMG_20211029_170733 (resized).jpg

1 year later
#4550 1 year ago

KoP I finally had a chance to pull the glass and do a switch test. It's coming up as switch 32. Haven't tried the M1A yet. I'd love to know whats in the changelog as well. The proto L1 rom however seems to work as intended on my game. The only issue I've had is it ejecting 2 balls into the shooter lane occasionally after a lock. It's only happening once in awhile so thinking it's dirty/dying trough opto thing? I feel like multi ball would also launch an extra ball once in awhile while using the previous rom (L6).

Here is a pic of my opto placement for reference.
20230204_100810 (resized).jpg20230204_100810 (resized).jpg

#4552 1 year ago
Quoted from themotherbrain:

KoP I finally had a chance to pull the glass and do a switch test. It's coming up as switch 32. Haven't tried the M1A yet. I'd love to know whats in the changelog as well. The proto L1 rom however seems to work as intended on my game. The only issue I've had is it ejecting 2 balls into the shooter lane occasionally after a lock. It's only happening once in awhile so thinking it's dirty/dying trough opto thing? I feel like multi ball would also launch an extra ball once in awhile while using the previous rom (L6).
Here is a pic of my opto placement for reference.
[quoted image]

If it's switch 32 you have a sample/early production game. L1 will work, but L1AT and L-1D not.
L1/L1AT and L-1D are very picky about the opto's, much more so than L-6/L-7. It doesn't have to be a trough opto, but is the best place to start.
For more info, contact me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "Switch 32".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only?tq=Switch+32&tu= and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.