IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
20240330_122726 (resized).jpg
20240330_122733 (resized).jpg
There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 98.
#4501 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Played super game and it started me with 3.

It's been a few years since i've played my Dredd cause it's been in bits awaiting restore but isn't Supergame meant to be 4 balls straight up and then it adds the other 2 once you drop all the drop targets??

Edit* Correction it's supposed to be 2 balls at the start and then goes to 4 after knocking the drop targets down.

#4502 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I played tonight and no luck. First game multiball was 5 balls. Played super game and it started me with 3. Got the 6 ball each of the super games then went back to the regular game and multiball was still a 5 ball.
Trough switches all work in the switch test.
I have the plastic insert from pinball life in the trough, when I first got the game I would occasionally get two balls served in the shooter lane and it would do that all game unless I turned it off and back on, it would also occasionally loose track of the number of balls and end a multiball early haven’t had either problem since I put in the insert, but the 1 extra ball during multiballs problem hasn’t changed. I would say 80% of the time my regular multiball is 5 ball and super game starts out with 3 and then the other 20% it’s 4 and 2.

I haven't seen that behavior in my JD. I assume we are both running L1-AT.

Sure sounds like a switch error in either the trough or shooter lane. It's possible there is a switch that still works, but is sticky. Its' delayed response is enough to cause the machine to serve another ball. There could also be a switch lever that is just on the edge of proper adjustment, so the switch is not always triggered by the ball.

This is a reach, but a friend had a similar issue on his Theater if Magic: At some point, a ball went missing, and was replaced. Years later, it worked it's way free from where ever it was jammed, and all of a sudden he had too many balls installed. Naturally, it started serving extra balls.

1 week later
#4503 1 year ago

I just got this cool pin in my house and I’m doing a nice restoration with new decals, powder coat etc etc. However the big ramp is cracked out on the right side and has been “fixed” using a pencil and some tape lol. Normal searches from Marco and other sites show no stock, is there a pinsider making reproduction ramps for this cool wide body pin?

#4504 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I just got this cool pin in my house and I’m doing a nice restoration with new decals, powder coat etc etc. However the big ramp is cracked out on the right side and has been “fixed” using a pencil and some tape lol. Normal searches from Marco and other sites show no stock, is there a pinsider making reproduction ramps for this cool wide body pin?

The chance is low.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/97#post-7241628

#4505 1 year ago

There is also rampomatic. He makes different sets of ramps and does good work.

#4506 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

There is also rampomatic. He makes different sets of ramps and does good work.

Here is the summary of JD ramps:

Original tools are at Larry and pin-pimp:

Larry:
Main ramp (left ramp)
Black Out ramp
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/84#post-5912645

pin-pimp:
Air Raid ramp
Stake Out ramp
Subway 1 (2 parts)
Subway 2
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/83#post-5910766

JodyG (Rampomatic) was also in the discussion. He needs a good donor ramp.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/82#post-5788299

#4507 1 year ago

has anyone had issues with the unmodded Dead World (with the slots) hanging up and getting caught on the bracket that holds up the police lights at the entry to the ramp? Mine seems to catch on one of the slots. Not sure if my disk ir warped or not. Just wanted to see if there is anything specific to look out for.

Hoping that I can set aside time to do a complete teardown on the top and much on the bottom to get it all cleaned up. Game plays well but not pretty.

#4508 1 year ago

has anyone had issues with the unmodded Dead World (with the slots) hanging up and getting caught on the bracket that holds up the police lights at the entry to the ramp? Mine seems to catch on one of the slots. Not sure if my disk ir warped or not. Just wanted to see if there is anything specific to look out for.
Hoping that I can set aside time to do a complete teardown on the top and much on the bottom to get it all cleaned up. Game plays well but not pretty.

Shouldn't be happening, I have at least a half inch between ball disk and pursuit lights. It's not hard to remove and I doubt it would warp that much. Good luck man!

#4509 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinologist:

Shouldn't be happening, I have at least a half inch between ball disk and pursuit lights. It's not hard to remove and I doubt it would warp that much. Good luck man!

Thank you for the response. I don't think the disk is really warped at all/ This game was a re-import and I've been cleaning up all sorts of things that were messed up. The planet and that center shaft were missing. Found that center shaft assembly on ebay and bought a new planet. I think tonight I will take a good look at the mounting of that whole assembly. Is there an adjustment to raise the entire outer ring up and down? If so that is probably off and needs adjustment.

Just trying to make sure everything is functional then will tear the whole thing down to redo over the holidays. Should have all the parts now. Boards are all rebuilt.

#4510 1 year ago

Thank you for the response. I don't think the disk is really warped at all/ This game was a re-import and I've been cleaning up all sorts of things that were messed up. The planet and that center shaft were missing. Found that center shaft assembly on ebay and bought a new planet. I think tonight I will take a good look at the mounting of that whole assembly. Is there an adjustment to raise the entire outer ring up and down? If so that is probably off and needs adjustment.
Just trying to make sure everything is functional then will tear the whole thing down to redo over the holidays. Should have all the parts now. Boards are all rebuilt.

Good luck man, its a real pain in the ass getting it all out. I rebuilt the planet gear assembly and it was challenging to say the least. There is no adjustment that I can remember for planet height. Just crane height can be adjusted.

#4511 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinologist:

Good luck man, its a real pain in the ass getting it all out. I rebuilt the planet gear assembly and it was challenging to say the least. There is no adjustment that I can remember for planet height. Just crane height can be adjusted.

The crane needs to be adjusted too. Currently it will just bump into the side of the cabinet. At least I know it moves.

#4512 1 year ago

The crane needs to be adjusted too. Currently it will just bump into the side of the cabinet. At least I know it moves.

Also ( from experience) make sure with the door open the High Power circuit is active by using the interlock thing is installed. I cant remember what exactly its called but unless the high power circuit is active the crane will bump into the planet or the ball its carrying will fall off with the lightest touch of the ring.No matter how you adjust it. I monkeyed around with the thing for hours before I realized the interlock was not installed, Doh!

#4513 1 year ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

Also ( from experience) make sure with the door open the High Power circuit is active by using the interlock thing is installed. I cant remember what exactly its called but unless the high power circuit is active the crane will bump into the planet or the ball its carrying will fall off with the lightest touch of the ring.No matter how you adjust it. I monkeyed around with the thing for hours before I realized the interlock was not installed, Doh!

Mine is a re-import and I don't think it has that switch. Actually it didn't have any switch but I get get one for the coin door itself. If I'm not mistaken some of the re-imported machines just have a single switch for the coin door.

#4514 1 year ago

Yeah I can confirm that. European/German market machine that has only one switch here. Funny thing is the software still says "High power disabled" as soon as you open the door, but of course everything remains powered. WMS electrical security at its best...

#4515 1 year ago

Mine is a re-import and I don't think it has that switch. Actually it didn't have any switch but I get get one for the coin door itself. If I'm not mistaken some of the re-imported machines just have a single switch for the coin door.

I have the switch in mine and it’s a re-import.

#4516 1 year ago

Just posting this to the group to see if there’s any interest for those that might be looking for a eagle topper. I have a silver Eagle for sale if anyone’s interested….PM me for questions/interest. No cracks, you just need to purchase some brackets to mount it.

125.00 OBO + shipping

CE78568F-C69B-4056-B657-D57A24819F28 (resized).jpegCE78568F-C69B-4056-B657-D57A24819F28 (resized).jpegF21CD1B6-42A7-468C-91CF-070291FCE11B (resized).jpegF21CD1B6-42A7-468C-91CF-070291FCE11B (resized).jpeg
#4517 1 year ago

My dmd has started to mess up. It does a scrabled thing when turned on. Game plays fine other than that. It's crazy Friday night it was perfect, and Saturday night it was messed up. Any ideas?
I did check the cables and they are connected good, also it has never done this before

#4518 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

My dmd has started to mess up. It does a scrabled thing when turned on. Game plays fine other than that. It's crazy Friday night it was perfect, and Saturday night it was messed up. Any ideas?
I did check the cables and they are connected good, also it has never done this before

On my Road Show which is very similar internally, it was the connector two boards away.

#4519 1 year ago

Check the voltages on the DMD driver. The HV section often has excessive heat. May be time to rebuild that.

#4520 1 year ago

Check the voltages on the DMD driver. The HV section often has excessive heat. May be time to rebuild that.</blockquote

It's a new high power board. I put it in about 6 months ago. All has been good with the machine till yesterday when I turned the game on the dmd was going crazy. I'll pull and reconnect the connectors and see what that does.

#4521 1 year ago

Mine was doing that at one point. Turned out the ground screws for the boards were loose. Tightening all the board screws to the backplane fixed it for me.

#4522 1 year ago

I pulled and reset all the cables, and that seemed to fix it. I'll go back in and check the board screws for tightness also.

1 month later
#4523 1 year ago

Anyone buy these decals for the stand ups and drop targets? If so, how was it putting on the “meltdown” decal on the stand up by the 3 captive balls? Looks like a gnarly job!

02FF6572-77A2-4C3E-AC2D-E4375B111B0A (resized).png02FF6572-77A2-4C3E-AC2D-E4375B111B0A (resized).png
#4524 1 year ago

Where did you get those from?

#4525 1 year ago
Quoted from Ricbec:

Where did you get those from?

Got them off of EBay

ebay.com link: itm

#4526 1 year ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Anyone buy these decals for the stand ups and drop targets?

I bought the same ones for my Dredd restoration. Actually I’ve put this vendor’s target decals on all my restorations if they are available. They stick really well and look great in my opinion. Only bad thing is you usually need an xacto knife to peel the backing off.

Since I am taking the whole top side off of the game, won’t be bad install. Otherwise, yep, Will kinda suck since you will have to loosen/or remove the ramps.

#4527 1 year ago

I just got a Judge Dredd yesterday! Going to give it a good cleaning then hopefully add some pics to my collection. It needs a lot of work in terms of new plastics, and decals. Let the fun begin!

JD_1_sm (resized).jpgJD_1_sm (resized).jpgJD_2_sm (resized).jpgJD_2_sm (resized).jpg
#4528 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I bought the same ones for my Dredd restoration. Actually I’ve put this vendor’s target decals on all my restorations if they are available. They stick really well and look great in my opinion. Only bad thing is you usually need an xacto knife to peel the backing off.
Since I am taking the whole top side off of the game, won’t be bad install. Otherwise, yep, Will kinda suck since you will have to loosen/or remove the ramps.

Do you know of a source on the internet which best shows a teardown of Dredd? Mine could probably use a bit of a deep clean anyway, then I can put the decal on after the cleaning.

#4529 1 year ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Do you know of a source on the internet

I would search for a dredd restoration here. Otherwise I can send you pics as I tear down my project now that I’ve gotten my high speed restoration complete minus the beacon motor.

#4530 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I would search for a dredd restoration here. Otherwise I can send you pics as I tear down my project now that I’ve gotten my high speed restoration complete minus the beacon motor.

I would totally appreciate some pictures

#4531 1 year ago

Anybody have some spare plastics they would consider parting with? I have several that are broken and would like to replace them. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks!

#4532 1 year ago

I picked up this ring from Pinball Life:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0220-00
Can someone share the link for the code?
I have a ROM burner and I tried the code from IPDB Game ROM L-1 (With Planet Lock) but it only does dimensional locks.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

#4533 1 year ago
Quoted from InteractivePinball:

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0220-00
I have a ROM burner and I tried the code from IPDB Game ROM L-1 (With Planet Lock) but it only does dimensional locks.

Yes, L-1 is for sample/early production games. You need L1AT or L-1D.
The differences between the 2 are here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/84

#4534 1 year ago
Quoted from InteractivePinball:

Shoot me a message, I can help you

#4535 1 year ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Do you know of a source on the internet which best shows a teardown of Dredd? Mine could probably use a bit of a deep clean anyway, then I can put the decal on after the cleaning.

Check out this YouTube video of a JD restore from CaptNRetro:

#4536 1 year ago

Found this excellent resource in my bookmarks: https://www.afpinball.com/restorations/judge-dredd

#4537 1 year ago

I'm unfortunately not having much luck with the L-1D rom. Does anybody have L6 or L7 so I can revert? Send me a pm if you can help please.

#4538 1 year ago
Quoted from themotherbrain:

I'm unfortunately not having much luck with the L-1D rom. Does anybody have L6 or L7 so I can revert? Send me a pm if you can help please.

Make sure to run a test in diagnostics to check that diverter. Also, I have JD-M1A if you want to try that, I can email you it.

Mike

#4539 1 year ago

The diverter works fine in test mode. It will not engage in any mode from what I can tell.

#4540 1 year ago

The diverter works fine in test mode. It will not engage in any mode from what I can tell.

It looks like you might have a sample/early production game. L-1D and L1AT won't work in these games.
Go into switch test and activate the left ramp entry switch. What's the switch number you see on the DMD?

#4541 1 year ago

Having a weird issue.......

If I turn the game on for the first time on a given day, start a game, and instead of a ball being ejected to start a ball....the auto launcher in the shooter lane just goes nuts, activating over and over again.....I need to then turn game off then back on again, start a game, and the process repeats 2 or 3 times.....then on 3rd or 4th try, game will start as normal...with a ball being ejected to start the game

What are some troubleshooting steps I can take to locate the cause?

#4542 1 year ago
Quoted from Ricbec:

Having a weird issue.......
If I turn the game on for the first time on a given day, start a game, and instead of a ball being ejected to start a ball....the auto launcher in the shooter lane just goes nuts, activating over and over again.....I need to then turn game off then back on again, start a game, and the process repeats 2 or 3 times.....then on 3rd or 4th try, game will start as normal...with a ball being ejected to start the game
What are some troubleshooting steps I can take to locate the cause?

Definitely run your switch test, the judge is super finicky if any optos are not working properly.

#4543 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinologist:

Definitely run your switch test, the judge is super finicky if any optos are not working properly.

Try to clean your trough optos with a Q-tip dipped in alcool.

#4544 1 year ago
Quoted from KoP:

It looks like you might have a sample/early production game. L-1D and L1AT won't work in these games.
Go into switch test and activate the left ramp entry switch. What's the switch number you see on the DMD?

I will check when I get a chance and let you know. I think there is something to that though. It has the sniper plastic. The scoop says pick a prize. The right ramp has some tabs on it that I don't see on other games. Also figured out last night that there are no dipswitches on the pcb either. It had L-6 installed.

20230129_192315 (resized).jpg20230129_192315 (resized).jpg20230129_192351 (resized).jpg20230129_192351 (resized).jpg20230129_192422 (resized).jpg20230129_192422 (resized).jpg
#4545 1 year ago

I will check when I get a chance and let you know. I think there is something to that though. It has the sniper plastic. The scoop says pick a prize. The right ramp has some tabs on it that I don't see on other games. Also figured out last night that there are no dipswitches on the pcb either. It had L-6 installed.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Replace those Duracell-Alkaline battery with Energizer-Lithium ones.

#4546 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Make sure to run a test in diagnostics to check that diverter. Also, I have JD-M1A if you want to try that, I can email you it.
Mike

Just curious, what (extra) functionality does JD-M1A have ?

#4547 1 year ago
Quoted from KoP:

Just curious, what (extra) functionality does JD-M1A have ?

Not sure, I only have the changelog for L-1D

#4548 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Not sure, I only have the changelog for L-1D

Could you mail me the file (M1A)?

#4549 1 year ago
Quoted from KoP:

Could you mail me the file (M1A)?

I can point you in the right direction. Shoot me a PM.

#4550 1 year ago

KoP I finally had a chance to pull the glass and do a switch test. It's coming up as switch 32. Haven't tried the M1A yet. I'd love to know whats in the changelog as well. The proto L1 rom however seems to work as intended on my game. The only issue I've had is it ejecting 2 balls into the shooter lane occasionally after a lock. It's only happening once in awhile so thinking it's dirty/dying trough opto thing? I feel like multi ball would also launch an extra ball once in awhile while using the previous rom (L6).

Here is a pic of my opto placement for reference.
20230204_100810 (resized).jpg20230204_100810 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
There are 4,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.